No announcement yet.

Most powerful ship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and that's why its most powerfull. besides, only works that easy on big ships. smaller ships are harder to trap as they can evade faster

Comment

Never been used in an actual ship to ship battle, so we cannot use it in one. The Oddy would have used it against the toiletbowls if it could, those ships aint exactly small, so the time dillation tech is irrelevant in this matter.

Sig by Draygon.

Comment

when would it have? in Unending no chance. in AOT nope. so when?

even without TDF i'm confident the Odyssey will defeat the superhive

Comment

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
          I remembered there being more than one ori at the asgard planet. I guess there wasn't.
          Three Ori motherships arrived at Orilla, but only one of them is visible following Odyssey when the planet blows up.
          The Ori ships are never mentioned or known to blow up unless the APBWs are the cause of them being destroyed, which as you know can be seen happening.
          The 304s were absorbing an obscene amount of drone fire in BAMSR and while the shields were failing they seemed ok. The asuran drones didn't seem to have a hard time blowing up ancient drones so there must be a basis for comparison somewhere in their.
          Where were the 304s seen to be getting hit apart from when either Daedalus or Apollo (I forget which one it was) blocks Todd's Hive from getting hit?
          I certainly don't recall another clear moment where Asuran Drones are seen to be hitting 304 shields and even in the scene mentioned above I wouldn't call that an obscene amount of Drones, Orion is firing an obscene amount of Drones in No Man's Land and the Ancient outpost on Earth is firing an even more obscene amount in The Lost City part 2, but nothing close to those examples is seen in BAMSR.

With the Traveler's Aurora it was the one to come out victorious against the Asuran one, when the two fired Drones at each other, whether that's a luck thing, coz the Traveler's one fired more and managed to block with higher numbers of ammo or the Ancient's Drones are indeed better is all up for debate as it's not exactly clear which is seen to be a fact from that scene, just that a few Ancient Drones from an Ancient Aurora made it through the Asuran's attempted counter attack and only a few managed to destroy the Asuran ship.
          Carter fled for the same reason a grown man can chase a lion off its kill with a stick. If Sam ended up with a crippled ship it's over. Those hit and run attacks could have resulted in dozens of kills and to keep up the killing there ship must remain undamaged. It's not like there was another ship to fall back on.
          See that just means that Sam knew there was a risk to the ship if she had to face that Hive one on one.
          It doesn't really go to prove a 304s superiority against an Aurora, not an Ancient one anyway and especially not when the Ancients were confident in sending out lone ZPM powered versions of those ships deep into WRaith controlled territory, Earth has never been willing to send a single ZPM powered 304 to attack the Wraith in the Pegasus galaxy.

Comment

Originally posted by Rise Of The Phoenix View Post
            Three Ori motherships arrived at Orilla, but only one of them is visible following Odyssey when the planet blows up.
            The Ori ships are never mentioned or known to blow up unless the APBWs are the cause of them being destroyed, which as you know can be seen happening.

Where were the 304s seen to be getting hit apart from when either Daedalus or Apollo (I forget which one it was) blocks Todd's Hive from getting hit?
            I certainly don't recall another clear moment where Asuran Drones are seen to be hitting 304 shields and even in the scene mentioned above I wouldn't call that an obscene amount of Drones, Orion is firing an obscene amount of Drones in No Man's Land and the Ancient outpost on Earth is firing an even more obscene amount in The Lost City part 2, but nothing close to those examples is seen in BAMSR.

With the Traveler's Aurora it was the one to come out victorious against the Asuran one, when the two fired Drones at each other, whether that's a luck thing, coz the Traveler's one fired more and managed to block with higher numbers of ammo or the Ancient's Drones are indeed better is all up for debate as it's not exactly clear which is seen to be a fact from that scene, just that a few Ancient Drones from an Ancient Aurora made it through the Asuran's attempted counter attack and only a few managed to destroy the Asuran ship.

See that just means that Sam knew there was a risk to the ship if she had to face that Hive one on one.
            It doesn't really go to prove a 304s superiority against an Aurora, not an Ancient one anyway and especially not when the Ancients were confident in sending out lone ZPM powered versions of those ships deep into WRaith controlled territory, Earth has never been willing to send a single ZPM powered 304 to attack the Wraith in the Pegasus galaxy.
            We don't need zpm 304s to engage individual hives. BTW Odessey is the single most technologically advanced piece of equipment in the galaxy (with everything of the asgard and ancients downloaded in the core for access). They aren't going to just send it anywhere. Sam didn't want the risk of damaging her ship. If there were dozens (perhaps hundreds) of 304s like there were auroras she'd have stayed.

Comment

Let's try this since the fanwank is flowing freely. If you can find something actually shown in the show and not heresy by characters please provide feedback.

1. Superhive
              Easily disposed of non-zpm 304s and dominated atlantis.

2. Atlantis
              Held off a small fleet of hives with shield life only a few days.
              Was getting owned by the ship in DV
              Was about to get owned by the replibeam
              Got owned by superhive but it did scratch the paint though

3. Odessey
              Beat toilet lids in single and dual conflict.
              Withstood potentially dozens of ori main beams
              Deady (with ZPM) withstood and deflected a coronal mass ejection big enough to fry the planet - at point blank range. Nothing in sci fi has matched this feat.
              Deady (with zpm) withstood massive fire from wraith (more than Orien) and it was hardly noticable. Hermoid had to remind Caldwell the sheids were much weaker without zpm.

4 thru 7 very little difference in strength

4. ZPM Aurora (Probably edges out 304 with uber beams)
              Tria found in void between galaxies after getting beat by cruisers.
              Multiple ships lost and captured by hives.

5. 304 with uber beams
              Made short work of repliauroras
              Makes short work of hives when not ambushed. Not unlike the Orien, with a proper fire control system (and operator) could engage and defeat multiple hives. They need to have a "kill them all" red button on the bridge tied into uberbeams.
              It got owned by superhive but did scratch the paint.
              Disabled the ship that was pasting atlantis in DV and could have easily destroyed it if not in such disrepair.

6. Oneil without uber beams
              Capable of standing up to replicator ships and withstanding a lot of ori fire.
              With Uber beams better than Odessey and possibly a threat to atlantis and superhive but we'll never know.
              ?? what else

7. Aurora
              Engaged 2 hives with diminished shields and was getting pounded but no threat of eminent demise.
              Easily disposed of one hive and with a trained chair person could have got both.
              Held it's own and perhaps even killed more than one repliaurora

8a. Hive
              It can beat zpm auroras
              It can beat 304s
              It can beat auroras
              It really needs a shield and a good point defense system.

8b. Repliauroras
              Severely challange hives and it does have drones. Replicators seem to inhereted their masters total ineptitude at war though.
              Not sure it would be a challenge to a 304 or aurora
              Last edited by morrismike; 19 July 2009, 08:41 AM.

Comment

well the aurora's we found were old and heavily damaged. just as the number of cruisers was unspecified.

you proved that the Odyssey can do better than atlantis

Comment

We don't need zpm 304s to engage individual hives. BTW Odessey is the single most technologically advanced piece of equipment in the galaxy (with everything of the asgard and ancients downloaded in the core for access). They aren't going to just send it anywhere. Sam didn't want the risk of damaging her ship. If there were dozens (perhaps hundreds) of 304s like there were auroras she'd have stayed.
                  Well Phoenix destroyed one with an ambush and baled out of the battle when it could come down to a one on one fight with the other, while I do think it would have defeated the other Hive pretty quickly had it stayed and fought it's not exactly showing immense military prowess for 304s if they can't take on more than one in a straight fight in a perfectly fit state to start with, Orion could have easily creamed two Hives in it's No Man's Land condition and that's not even when it's just a few years old, it was battle scarred from what I remember.

BTW I chose my words carefully when I said ZPM powered 304, I in no way specifically meant Odyssey in fact I just meant a basic 304 with APBWs and a ZPM, so any ship besides Odyssey which would only mean risking a rare energy source that we now have access to a few of those devices.

Comment

Let's try this since the fanwank is flowing freely. If you can find something actually shown in the show and not heresy by characters please provide feedback.
                    So who exactly are directing that Fanwank comment at?
                    If it's me well all I've tried to do is point out that your original post here was pretty biased towards Asgard technology and human made ships, but OK I'll get on an let you know what I think about the things below.
                    1. Superhive
                    Easily disposed of non-zpm 304s and dominated atlantis.
                    Sounds accurate to me.
                    2. Atlantis
                    Held off a small fleet of hives with shield life only a few days.
                    Was getting owned by the ship in DV
                    Was about to get owned by the replibeam
                    Got owned by superhive but it did scratch the paint though
                    I wouldn't exactly call 10 Hives and 36 Cruisers a small fleet and there was no "few" comment stated when Rodney said how long the ZPM would last he just said days, so I would take that as less than a week, probably about 6 days (which is a guess and of course not stated in the episode), the fact that it's only the power source that was preventing Atlantis lasting any longer kinda shows how good the shields are there, but that's not the case against something with weapons as strong as the Super Hive's.
                    That ship in DV must have had some pretty powerful weapons to be able to harm Atlantis's shields.
                    The Replicator's beam was powered by an unknown number of ZPMs and was said to last for what 29 hours or something?
                    Apollo's shields were said to have been severely depleted by the Asuran's weapon.

No specific amount of damage was mentioned to be happening to the Hive from what I remember in EATG, but we do see some pretty big explosions coming when the Drones impact and shaking can be felt and heard by people inside the Hive.
                    3. Odessey
                    Beat toilet lids in single and dual conflict.
                    Withstood potentially dozens of ori main beams
                    Deady (with ZPM) withstood and deflected a coronal mass ejection big enough to fry the planet - at point blank range. Nothing in sci fi has matched this feat.
                    Deady (with zpm) withstood massive fire from wraith (more than Orien) and it was hardly noticable. Hermoid had to remind Caldwell the sheids were much weaker without zpm.
                    Odyssey beat one Ori ship per battle in Unending and had it's shields knocked down pretty quickly in that episode, even taking the destruction of Orilla into consideration.
                    Nothing of a 304's shields, either ZPM powered or otherwise shows 304s to have stronger shields than Atlantis, which is what you're implying with the Coronal Mass Ejection thing, in fact you could say it took an Ancient power source to make that possible in Echoes, nothing from the episode makes it seem like the feat couldn't have been achieved by an Ancient ship, it's just that none were available to be used for deflecting the CME so the Ancients stretched Atlantis's shield out to protect a portion of the atmosphere on Lantia, the CME would I guess be many times weaker millions of miles from the Star, but it's not implied that an Ancient ship couldn't have withstood what Daedalus did, when powered by a ZPM.

Daedalus with a ZPM took fire for a short while at the start of The Siege Part 3, didn't appear to have Wraith ships right on top of it until after the ZPM was taken out and had to bale out after a few minutes of fire later in the episode when being shot at casually by a few Hives and Cruisers from the fleet that looked to fire continuously on an Atlantis for many hours and was stated that it could have taken that for days until the ZPM was drained a feat no other race has been said to be capable of achieving.
                    4 thru 7 very little difference in strength

4. ZPM Aurora (Probably edges out 304 with uber beams)
                    Tria found in void between galaxies after getting beat by cruisers.
                    Multiple ships lost and captured by hives.
                    Standard Auroras have been shown to launch a few Hundred Drones in a matter of seconds, so just saying they edge out a 304 is ridiculous, they could quite easily target and take out multiple Hives in the amount of time it takes a 304 to take out one, purely by the nature of Drones and the fact that they are individual projectiles that have no problem penetrating a regular Hive's hull even in small quantities like those fired by the Puddle Jumper in The Queen.

We've never seen a ZPM powered Ancient Aurora in a battle situation on the show only ZPMless ones.

It would be impossible to state just how much stronger an Aurora's shields would get when compared to a standard ZPMless one, but considering Atlantis can last for days with one ZPM and Auroras appear to be of more modern construction (the Ancients don't appear to have taken them with them to PG when they left MW) then their strength would have to lie somewhere unknown in between Auroras and Atlantis.
                    304s get at least 4 or 5 times stronger with a ZPM and they weren't built by a race that can make ZPMs, Auroras were built by a race that could reproduce ZPMs so they would likely have shields many times stronger than even Odyssey has when powered off of a ZPM.

We don't know what Tria had to face over the course of the Ancient Vs Wraith war, how old she was or anything of her condition prior to meeting the Wraith Cruisers.
                    We have no clue just how many vessels the Ancients had throughout the length of the war, Todd has only said that the Ancients sent lone ZPM powered Auroras deep into Wraith territory and that after months the Wraith managed to capture 3 of them with their ZPMs.
                    5. 304 with uber beams
                    Made short work of repliauroras
                    Makes short work of hives when not ambushed. Not unlike the Orien, with a proper fire control system (and operator) could engage and defeat multiple hives. They need to have a "kill them all" red button on the bridge tied into uberbeams.
                    It got owned by superhive but did scratch the paint.
                    Disabled the ship that was pasting atlantis in DV and could have easily destroyed it if not in such disrepair.
                    The Repliauroras thing is pretty accurate, at least they've been shown to take out what 3 or 4 in BAMSR.
                    In a straight 1 on 1 fight 304s own Hives and Cruisers, against anything more than that it's unknown, considering 304 beam weapons tend to go offline quite regularly when not powered off of ZPMs and being hit by a few Hives.
                    As for the engage multiple Hives thing it's highly doubtful any more than 2 Hives would get defeated by a 304, they're limited by the fact that they have to get into position to target a ship, Drones don't give Auroras the same kind of limitation, they can change position while in flight and multiple streams of them can hit multiple targets simultaneously, which means for sheer firepower an Aurora is leagues ahead of a 304, maybe if each 304 had like 10 or 20 mobile APBW cannons that could be launched and controlled remotely then it'd get even but since 304s don't and they only seem to have about 4-6 arrays that limits them greatly in the firepower stakes when compared to Auroras.

As for DV yes that ship was disabled by the beam shot, but it also took the beam hit to it's hull, with no shields up to block the attack, kinda shows to me at least that APBWs wouldn't have much effect on the ship's hull even if they were fired many times more than that, since that things weapons looked to be doing a number on Atlantis's shields it's doubtful a 304s would last for long.
                    6. Oneil without uber beams
                    Capable of standing up to replicator ships and withstanding a lot of ori fire.
                    With Uber beams better than Odessey and possibly a threat to atlantis and superhive but we'll never know.
                    We don't have a clue exactly how well they fared against replicator ships.
                    Maybe O'Neills did well when they were first made, but we have no basis for comparison, except to say that Odyssey and the other 304s have Asgard tech, maybe the Asgard could have made better use of the power they gained, but from the impression I got they didn't seem able to make a ZPM equivalent power source, maybe something able to fully power their own tech, which may mean that each O'Neill would be on a par with Odyssey, perhaps a little stronger due to some improved efficiency in power transfer and some of their components.
                    It's doubtful in my mind anyway that an O'Neill with APBWs would really be a threat to Atlantis, since I think Odyssey may just be strong enough to defeat the Super Hive, then I think an O'Neill with APBWs would be able to as well, but it would be one hell of a battle to see.
                    ?? what else

7. Aurora
                    Engaged 2 hives with diminished shields and was getting pounded but no threat of eminent demise.
                    Easily disposed of one hive and with a trained chair person could have got both.
                    Held it's own and perhaps even killed more than one repliaurora
                    Pretty accurate.
                    8a. Hive
                    It can beat zpm auroras
                    It can beat 304s
                    It can beat auroras
                    It really needs a shield and a good point defense system.
                    Can defeat all of those ships, but needs to do so in increasing numbers and likely with more and more support ships as it goes from battling 304s, to Ancient ZPMless Auroras and then eventually ZPM powered ones.
                    Not sure about the shields thing as with a bit of a stronger Hives would be a true threat when alone, point defense, so a few extra small pulse cannons on the rear and maybe a few elsewhere and it'd be much better.
                    Add in a few more power generators and it could be more than a match for it's Ancient and Tauri counter parts.
                    8b. Repliauroras
                    Severely challange hives and it does have drones. Replicators seem to inhereted their masters total ineptitude at war though.
                    Not sure it would be a challenge to a 304 or aurora
                    They have what looks like Drones + some kind of pulse energy weapon.
                    They don't appear to be on the same level as Ancient ones, considering in BAMSR they only managed to destroy what appeared to be one Hive, that may be down to the limited numbers of Drones they were firing in that battle, but that point is true.
                    These are not really much of a challenge to 304s or Ancient Auroras, unless their in packs of quite a few and stocked with masses of the Asuran's own Drones.

As for the ineptitude comment, the Ancients actually fought the Wraith for around about 100 years, if they were inept at battle they would have lost much sooner than that, TBH I don't know of any real war that's lasted that long.
                    Asurans are in a class of their own, they actually had a pretty good plan for stopping the Wraith and probably would have caused them to starve to death had they actually succeeded without us pesky Humans and Wraith uniting to crunch them down to size.
                    Last edited by Rise Of The Phoenix; 19 July 2009, 12:19 PM.

Comment

No specific amount of damage was mentioned to be happening to the Hive from what I remember in EATG, but we do see some pretty big explosions coming when the Drones impact and shaking can be felt and heard by people inside the Hive.

Nothing of a 304's shields, either ZPM powered or otherwise shows 304s to have stronger shields than Atlantis, which is what you're implying with the Coronal Mass Ejection thing, in fact you could say it took an Ancient power source to make that possible in Echoes, nothing from the episode makes it seem like the feat couldn't have been achieved by an Ancient ship, it's just that none were available to be used for deflecting the CME so the Ancients stretched Atlantis's shield out to protect a portion of the atmosphere on Lantia, the CME would I guess be many times weaker millions of miles from the Star, but it's not implied that an Ancient ship couldn't have withstood what Daedalus did, when powered by a ZPM.

Standard Auroras have been shown to launch a few Hundred Drones in a matter of seconds, so just saying they edge out a 304 is ridiculous, they could quite easily target and take out multiple Hives in the amount of time it takes a 304 to take out one, purely by the nature of Drones and the fact that they are individual projectiles that have no problem penetrating a regular Hive's hull even in small quantities like those fired by the Puddle Jumper in The Queen.
                      nk an O'Neill with APBWs would be able to as well, but it would be one hell of a battle to see.

As for the ineptitude comment, the Ancients actually fought the Wraith for around about 100 years, if they were inept at battle they would have lost much sooner than that, TBH I don't know of any real war that's lasted that long.
                      Railgun impact rock a hive to it's core (allies with Rodney and Shep inside). A drone at best has 2000 pounds TNT equivelent, it is a very precise smart weapon.

Admit it. the coronal mass ejection thing is the most impressive demonstration (and canon) of shield strength in sci fi history.

Auroras have a lot of drones and 304s has a lot of uber beams. In each case, if directed, by the proper fire control can slaughter multiple hives. This isn't that hard to understand. A modern missile cruiser (and country) can engage dozens of bogies at once, why can't a ship in SG1 target more than one?

The ancients engaged the wraith when they were in the stone ages and the wraith were able to build up enough to overwelm them. The ancients were in pegasus long before the first iratus but bit and ancient or human.

You know if we could just get the ancient fanwank out of you, then you'd be a pretty good opinion source.

Comment

Railgun impact rock a hive to it's core (allies with Rodney and Shep inside). A drone at best has 2000 pounds TNT equivelent, it is a very precise smart weapon.
                        A regular ZPMless Hive, with an unknown difference in the thickness of it's hull to a ZPM powered one, that Hive was strong enough for Rodney and Todd to both say something like the hull would be almost invulnerable when finished, yet the Drones still shook the thing and when not fired in massive numbers per scene.
                        BTW I'm not a scientist or anything like that (which is pretty obvious I guess), so I don't know about all that explosives stuff.
                        Admit it. the coronal mass ejection thing is the most impressive demonstration (and canon) of shield strength in sci fi history.
                        I'm not gonna admit anything, just because you demand it.
                        Nothing in SG shows that Atlantis or an Aurora couldn't take that when at point blank range of that and powered off of a ZPM(s).
                        Atlantis has stronger shields than a 304, shown by the fact it can withstand multiple volleys from the Super Hive, when a 304 gets pwned with a single one.
                        Auroras have a lot of drones and 304s has a lot of uber beams. In each case, if directed, by the proper fire control can slaughter multiple hives. This isn't that hard to understand. A modern missile cruiser (and country) can engage dozens of bogies at once, why can't a ship in SG1 target more than one?
                        I understand things fine thank you very much.
                        With APBWs attached to the 304 it can only hit a ship that is in direct line of site to it, regular 304 missiles don't have that limitation, but they can be shot down, Drones have not been shown to have this problem except against Asuran Drones and an Aurora could launch many more times the amount of projectiles than a 304 can fire beam shots in the same amount of time.
                        A couple Hundred Drones compared to what 3 or 4 APBW shots.
                        The ancients engaged the wraith when they were in the stone ages and the wraith were able to build up enough to overwelm them. The ancients were in pegasus long before the first iratus but bit and ancient or human.
                        We have never been told what state the Wraith were when they first met the Ancients, considering they were able to even harm them at all shows thery can't really have been as backward as that.
                        Given enough numbers and a possible improvement over present day (in SG) Wraith, perhaps a fraction of a ZPM powered Hive's abilities, which may be possible with something outputting say a 100th of a ZPMs abilities, if the Wraith were to have shown up with a 100 Hives then they could probably have done the same as the Super Hive almost did to Atlantis in EATG.
                        You know if we could just get the ancient fanwank out of you, then you'd be a pretty good opinion source.
                        What you got from me was a balanced opinion of the Stargate ships and their capabilities compared to each other as I saw it from watching the episodes.
                        TBH as far as the races themselves go I actually like the Asgard more than the Ancients, but this discussions calls for an opinion backed up by evidence, where it's possible to provide it and so far other than the few points I've agreed with you on you haven't actually proven how 304s are apparently so much better than Auroras.

Comment

after watching BAMSR again i've come to the conclution that there is just way to much inconsistency in stargate ships and weapons....drones for example, when we first saw them they were the ultimate weapon...able to bypass a ships shields and tunnel several holes in that ships and then keep on going to its next target...in BAMSR they were impacting the shields rather then going through them and although they packed a hell of a punch, they barely seemed like the same weapons we saw in lost city...

rail guns is another example, when we were first introduced to them, they really didn't do much damage they were firing at...but in BAMSR 1 of the 304's fire around 50 or so at a repliAurora and they do what looks to be massive damage to it judging by the explosions...in another scene, a few 302's and a few darts fires at a repliAurora and looks as if they take out the ships shield...

there are a ton more examples that i cant think of at the moment but, point is when you have this much inconsistency its really had to speculate on who would kick whos butt...

Comment

Nothing in SG shows that Atlantis or an Aurora couldn't take that when at point blank range of that and powered off of a ZPM(s).
                            Atlantis has stronger shields than a 304, shown by the fact it can withstand multiple volleys from the Super Hive, when a 304 gets pwned with a single one.
                            This caught my atention. Firstly, in EATG the difference between the 304 and atlantis was earth power source vs 3 zpms and even then atlantis could take only what, 5-7 times the shots? but maybe the SH was "more" finished so that doesnt matter.
                            Anyway, my main problem here is that people (not just you, i'm seing a patern here) always say something like "there no proof that *insert ancient stuff here* cant do the same or better, thus they can", and using as proof of ancient stuff being better, despite there being no proof, but when it comes to, say, asgard, wraith, or just about anyone else, this changes to "we've never seen them do so, so they obviously cant", often based on opinion alone, but stated as fact/proof. Whats with the double standarts?

Also, from a previous post:
                            That ship in DV must have had some pretty powerful weapons to be able to harm Atlantis's shields.
                            I find it strange how, without knowing neither shield strenght, nor weapons strength, people always assume "if it did well against the shields, it must be uber since, obviously, the shields cant be weak", when it comes to ancients.

Lastly, the siege isnt as impressive as people make it out to be, considering that atlantis is way bigger that 80% of ships we've seen fighting (3/4ths of the rest were uber anyway) atlantisis systems, like power distribution, are so much more advanced than every other ship we've seen fight/lose, except maybe the ori, and ofcourse, every other ship seen was in space, having to power a bunch of other systems, while atlantis was confortably siting, powering only the shield.

Covering up scandals and keeping secrets is almost a racial trait.

Isn't it funny how the word 'politics' is made up of the words 'poli' meaning 'many' in Latin, and 'tics' as in 'bloodsucking creatures’?

Comment

2000 pounds of TNT. You know this for a fact?

The coronal mass ejection was impressive. But the shields were being powered by a ZPM. Plus we know Atlantis survived this before and extended the shield to protect a part of the planet.

We don't know what level the Wraith were at when the war started but I doubt it's the equivelant to our stone age. When our war with the Goa'uld started we had never went further than our own moon in a spacecraft and they had hyperspace ready ships and weapons that could have leveled our planet but we still won that war.

It doesn't matter how long they were in the Pegasus galaxy for before the Wraith evolved. They can't prepare for something they don't know about. Plus this is the Ancients first real enemy for millions of years, and they were unprepared for the aggression of the Wraith. And they wouldn't have had any military installations as they wouldn't have been needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Mclean View Post
                                2000 pounds of TNT. You know this for a fact?
                                Yea, pretty much, seing what explosions they made in "the tower" or against gould/wraith fighters or vs atlantis and so on. They're a guided precision weapon, not a uber powered one.

Plus we know Atlantis survived this before and extended the shield to protect a part of the planet.
                                With 3 times the power at million times the distance.

Covering up scandals and keeping secrets is almost a racial trait.

Isn't it funny how the word 'politics' is made up of the words 'poli' meaning 'many' in Latin, and 'tics' as in 'bloodsucking creatures’?

Comment

Working...
                                X