No announcement yet.

hives jaming beaming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do we know the Lost Tribe had beaming technology? They went through an awful lot of trouble to get to get Janus' device if they could have just beamed outside of the lab, get it, and beam back up.
    Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind. -Albert Einstein

I'm beginning to realize no one actually reads my posts.

Comment

we also have to take into account to when the expedition and the wraith teamed up they gave them counter measueres against the jamming. so we can say theres more to.
      time doesn't go in a linear path like everyone thinks, time is a ball of timey wimey wibbly wobblely uh....

Google won't search for Chuck Norris because it knows you don't find Chuck Norris, he finds you.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the-alguroan View Post
        we also have to take into account to when the expedition and the wraith teamed up they gave them counter measueres against the jamming. so we can say theres more to.
        except that the wraith tricked us...the jamming codes they sent us were fake so the system we developed to bypass the jamming codes didn't work against actual wraith ships...

Comment

The Wraith have their own beaming tech (on the Darts for example..) So they probably have some idea of how it works.. jamming an Asgard beam wouldn't be too difficult as they probably work in much the same way as the Wraith version.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
            The Wraith have their own beaming tech (on the Darts for example..) So they probably have some idea of how it works.. jamming an Asgard beam wouldn't be too difficult as they probably work in much the same way as the Wraith version.
            that makes perfect sense too bad they didn't state that in the show.
            time doesn't go in a linear path like everyone thinks, time is a ball of timey wimey wibbly wobblely uh....

Google won't search for Chuck Norris because it knows you don't find Chuck Norris, he finds you.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the-alguroan View Post
              that makes perfect sense too bad they didn't state that in the show.
              I think the whole point is that the Wraith are not stupid. They managed to develop their own beaming system at some point and it's very likely that they encountered Lantean beaming tech prior to meeting us. When we showed up and beamed a nuke onboard one of their hive ships, the cruisers retreated to report what happened and then you had 60+ hives working together to solve a single problem (it's also likely that Todd was not the only 10,000 year old Wraith). When the Daedalus launched its attack against the group of hive ships heading to Atlantis, it was simply a matter of the Wraith scientists tuning their jamming system to the correct settings just like what we had to do with our anti-prior device or what the Asurans did with our anti-replicator shield when we were stealing the ZPM's from their homeworld.

Comment

thats truth tinerin to bad they never gave us an precise reason to the jamming. i mean the wraith figured out alot, i feel they should have had more on the subject instead of just saying they found a way to jam our beaming.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X