Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
    [...]
    But here's the big question - how did they work out how high up to put the ramp? Could they have ended up falling face first out of the gate on other worlds because the gate is sunk into the ground/pedestal more and it trips them up, or else getting caught out when the ground is lower than they expect?

[...]

And how did they work out they don't need the bottom two chevrons for basic operation?
    [...]
    1. If the ramps are too hight they'd get vaporised by the kawoosh. Too low (starting side) they could trip on the other side. I'm sure it would only happen one time, after tripping once they'd correct it.

2. They found a kartush on Abydos with a set of addresses - 7 chevron ones.

Originally posted by AdamTM View Post
    [...]
    The energy requirements to establish a wormhole the size of the Stargate would require around half the energy contained in the matter of our Galaxy. I remember eyerolling when in DS9 they made an artificial one big enough for ships to pass through (not the natural one near DS9)
    Which episode was that, I'd like to watch it.
    Carter: "The singularity is about to explode!"

Comment

Hmm. I always thought that if you went through the back you'd come through the front (like it wasn't there.)

Comment

Working...
      X