No announcement yet.

Favourite Tech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never said I would plug it into the light socket. I just said a method to recharge it.

Comment

that would be awsome. you could pull a Lucius at school/work/random amish/african village
      Last edited by tjoflojt; 27 May 2009, 01:14 AM.
      sigpic

Spoiler:
      Originally posted by IMDB
      Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
      Hehe

Comment

create a church of Ancients and ask all people to spend thousands of euro's to try and reproduce the technology for the benefit of humankind

Comment

Originally posted by tjoflojt View Post
          that would be awsome. you could pull a Lucifer at school/work/random amish/african village
          'Pull a Lucifer?' I know who Lucifer is but what does 'Pull a Lucifer mean?'

Comment

Originally posted by Garrowan5th View Post
            ?? Qualify that statement please. What happened? It sounds intriuging (and my spelling looks abbismal)
            The air force had a shuttle that was in the testing phase. It was a little smaller and ran on kerosene/diesel. It would take off at a much lower acceleration than a shuttle and would do most of the speeding up in the outer atmosphere. It was planned to reenter butt down at a slow speed (controlled reentry) and land literally anywhere a helicopter could. After a fuel truck arrives and delivers a few thousand dollars worth of fuel it would go off again.

When this started to look promising, NASA pulled rank and took the project over and sabatoged a test to declare the project a failure. The interesting thing is they refused to turn the project back over to the air force because they stood to loose billions in budget if the shuttle was largely unnecessary.

Comment

There was also a similar project based on the aerospike engine. Similar story.
              MWG Gate Network Simulation

Looks familiar?

Comment

Originally posted by Daryl Froggy View Post
                'Pull a Lucifer?' I know who Lucifer is but what does 'Pull a Lucifer mean?'
                oh, i meant Lucius. edited
                Last edited by tjoflojt; 29 May 2009, 07:36 AM.
                sigpic

Spoiler:
                Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
                Hehe

Comment

so the ESA could turn my hebridan ion engine usefull and humanity goes to space

Comment

Originally posted by tjoflojt View Post
                    oh, i meant Lucius. guess edited
                    Ah. I get it now... sort of. Lucius used a plant that made his body emit a high dosage of pheromones, or something of the like, that pretty much forced everyone who could smell him fall in love with him.

I don't think anyone would fall in love with someone who had a personal shield that made him invulnerable to virtually all damage. What I liked about the shield was that you maintained your dexterity while it was activated.

Comment

Originally posted by Daryl Froggy View Post
                      Ah. I get it now... sort of. Lucius used a plant that made his body emit a high dosage of pheromones, or something of the like, that pretty much forced everyone who could smell him fall in love with him.

I don't think anyone would fall in love with someone who had a personal shield that made him invulnerable to virtually all damage. What I liked about the shield was that you maintained your dexterity while it was activated.
                      did you miss the second lucius ep? he found an ancient shield and used it to become the protector of a village.
                      sigpic

Spoiler:
                      Hehe

Comment

... yes I apparently did miss that episode. What was the episode called and what happened to Lucius in the end?

I don't think that I would try and become the protector of a village especially if the shield would be continually taxed to the point of failure.

I also stand by my other choices, even the one I shouldn't have made. They have all been good choices.

Comment

well, i think the first is called irresistable and the second one irresponsible. but i'm not 100%. and are you sure you want me to spoil it for you?
                          sigpic

Spoiler:
                          Hehe

Comment

Yes I am absolutely sure I want you to spoil it for me. I usually enjoy things just as much as I would have if I hadn't been told versus when I was told.

I believe that I speak for pretty much everyone when I say that I would most definitely want a gun like Ronons.

Comment

well
                              Spoiler:
                              lucius gets away with it all in the end, as always.
                              sigpic

Spoiler:
                              Hehe

Comment

On the bright side he no longer has the personal shield charged.

Comment

Working...
                                X