Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, joules are not a power unit, but energy unit. 4billion KJ = ~ 1.1 GWh witch is about the energy consumption in one hour of a small city. That isn't as much as we might expect...
    sigpic

Comment

i haven't really watched much star trek...most of what i have watched is Enterprise with alittle bit of voyager and TNG mixed in...from what i have watched of voyager and TNG, it seems as if shield technology works differently compared to stargate shields...for 1 thing, they dont seem as strong and seem as if they're much easier to bypass...torpedo's seem as if the pack a hell of a punch but the phaser's dont compare to the plasma beam weapons let alone an Ori motherships main weapon...

with that said, a ZPM powered 304 or Ori mothership would walk all over any enterprise i've seen...lets see a Enterprise take a coronal mass ejection at point blank range...but like i said, my experience with star trek is limited, so my opinion doesn't mean much...

Comment

Originally posted by Edi View Post
        Well, joules are not a power unit, but energy unit. 4billion KJ = ~ 1.1 GWh witch is about the energy consumption in one hour of a small city. That isn't as much as we might expect...
        But when you are working on the scale of 4 trillion joules per millisecond it is a far greater output then what is seen on Starfleet ships.

Comment

First off... if you "hate these immature x vs y" things then stop clicking on them...

ok now to the fun stuff

I was thinking the Enterprise D from TNG... I figured it gives a pretty quality assessment of earth tech from that universe without getting into super advanced plot twist that, in my opinion, would decimate pretty much anything... (Like Voyager once it had all the bells and whistles in the last couple episodes)

I would also say that power consumption would be hard to compare as it is never stated exactly what kind of juice one could get from a ZPM...

I was curious about how warp drive would match up against hyper-space travel... which is faster? And how would the Enterprise's shields hold up to drones? Could the deflector shield mimic an event horizon enough to jump through the gate system without actually having to fly through a gate?

Comment

if kirk is the captain, the stargate ships

if picard is the captain, the enterprise.
            Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
            sigpic

Comment

I believe this belongs in the megathread.
              If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
              Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
              If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
              Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Megathread!!!
                If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonehenge View Post
                  I would also say that power consumption would be hard to compare as it is never stated exactly what kind of juice one could get from a ZPM...

I was curious about how warp drive would match up against hyper-space travel... which is faster? And how would the Enterprise's shields hold up to drones? Could the deflector shield mimic an event horizon enough to jump through the gate system without actually having to fly through a gate?
                  Hyper-Space is faster than Warp. In ST: Voyager it would take 70 years going at warp 9.99 to travel 70,000 light years. While it take 3 weeks for the Apollo to go 3 million+ light years.

If you take a way Asgard weapon and shields on Earth ship then the Federation ships would win. The Ori would destory federation ships left and right. NO one could beat them.... maybe the Borg.

Comment

Originally posted by Stonehenge View Post
                    First off... if you "hate these immature x vs y" things then stop clicking on them...

ok now to the fun stuff

I was thinking the Enterprise D from TNG... I figured it gives a pretty quality assessment of earth tech from that universe without getting into super advanced plot twist that, in my opinion, would decimate pretty much anything... (Like Voyager once it had all the bells and whistles in the last couple episodes)

They clog up the active threads on the homepage. That is part of the reason it is so irritating.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nxcalibur View Post
                      Here's a question for you: Which Enterprise? NX-class, Constitution-class, Excelsior-class, and the list goes on and on till we get to the Sovereign-class. Or may be even the Enterprise J from the 26th century?
                      Yeah this is the information we really NEED here. We'll try to compare similar ships. Unfortunately it really isn't that easy so we'll have to give a brief description of WHY????? I won't bother with fighters and shuttles. Also let's try an stick to well known ships. So the "whale Probe" (75 km) and various stations and even the Atlantis city ship (4.5 km), as it's not really built for battle, won't be included. Also I'm not sure on the full specs for the Enterprise from the 2009 film (300 meters).

SG1/A - Daedalus Class (225 meters) v STE - NX-01 (225 meters)
                      SG no friggin' contest requires no explaination unless you're just below functionally retarded. Same for the ST:OS Constituion class (289 meters).

See how that works? I'll give you guys some more. Just don't forget to check out Wikipedia. Look at weapons specs as well as maneuverability and even battles against larger ships (i.e. Daedalus v Hive ship). Here is a list of ships and their sizes. This should give you a starting point. If the sizes are off please let me know but don't be a dick about it. I'm not a complete geek so I'm not anal about researching EXACT sizes.

ST (OS film) - Klingon Bird of Prey B'rel class (160 meters)
                      ST (OS film) - Klingon Bird of Prey K'Vort class (320 meters)
                      ST:OS - Klingon K't'inga class (350 meters)
                      STV - Voyager Intrepid class (344 meters)
                      ST (OS film) - Enterprise Excelsior class (467 meters)
                      ST:TNG - Klingon Vor'cha class (500 meters)
                      ST:??? - Vulcan High Command D'Kyr type (600 meters)
                      ST:TNG - Enterprise Galaxy class (642 meters)
                      ST:TNG - Enterprise Sovereign class (685 meters)
                      SG1 - Goa'uld mother ship Hatak class (700 meters)
                      ST:TNG - Klingon Negh'Var class (700 meters)
                      ST:V(?) - Borg Collective Command Ship (820 meters)
                      ST:TNG - Romulan Scimitar (850 meters)
                      SG1 - Ori Ascendancy Mothership (1100 meters)
                      ST:TNG - Borg Collective Tactical Sphere (1200 meters)
                      ST:TNG - Romulan D'deridex class (1341 meters)
                      ST:TNG - Borg Collective Tactical Cube (1500 meters)
                      SG1 - Goa'uld mother ship "Anubis class" (2000 meters)
                      SG:A - Wraith Hive ship (2870 meters)
                      ST:TNG and V - Borg Collective Assimilation Cube (3040 meters)
                      SG:A - Ancient (Alteran) Aurora class battlecruiser (3500 meters)

I was unable to find any size info on the Asgard ships such as Thor's Beliskner. No size info for the ST:OS Klingon D-7 Battlecruiser either. If you have info on the 2009 Enterprise feel free go include that. I don't have any tactical info on it but the Romulan Star Empire Narada from the 2009 film is approximately 9000 meters.
                      Last edited by aarlin81; 22 August 2009, 07:08 PM. Reason: more ships
                      How to Survive an Alien Attack

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis21 View Post
                        Who would win in a 1 v 1 space fight. The wraith with a ZPM or the ori?
                        The Ori, without a doubt.

Spoiler:
                        In Flesh and Blood, the Ori motherships apparently beat an Asgard ship--an Asgard ship, mind you--and, later, an entire Goa'uld mothership crashing into an Ori mothership's shields doesn't even faze it!

And...

Spoiler:
                        In The Pegasus Project, it takes the force of the Supergate's kawoosh to blow up an Ori mothership. Now, any ship wouldn't be able to withstand that, of course, but it seems to me like that's the only way to destroy it!

EVen if the Wraith had 50 ZPMs, they wouldn't be able to withstand all that. (And coincidentally...whatever happened to the Wraith with technology that 'rivaled our own' as the Ancient hologram said in Rising? Those Wraith might have beaten the Ori, but not the Wraith we end up seeing in every episode!)
                        sigpic
                        ~the guitarists~

Comment

Which enterprise, theres been at least 11 of them. Nx-01, 1701a-j

Comment

I'm watching BSG Season 3 episode 6 "Torn" right now and saw the scene where the cylons tell Baltar they've decided to make Earth their new home, made me wonder.... could we repel a cylon attack?

The Ancient chair is now gone, we've got 3 powerful ships with Asgard tech which should be more then a match for Base Stars, but can we withstand their numbers? The fact that they can invade/infect computer networks with ease? And they are deceptive, they could launch another stealthy attack like they did with Colonial forces and finish us off with nukes. Any ideas, comments, suggestions?

I thought it was kinda interesting since it was mentioned that Earth was the "13th Colony" and that both sides were looking for it for their own reasons.

ALSO I'M WATCHING ALL OF BSG RIGHT NOW SO PLEASE TO TRY NOT TO SPOIL PAST S. 3 LOL
                            They Say He Travels The Gate Network Searching The Universe For Powerful Technology, They Call Him...... The Gate Traveller

Comment

there has been a thread about this in the battlestar galactica part of the forum
                              check my story's:
                              Battlestar group 16
                              and Under Siege
                              and respond at:
                              Battlestar group 16 (For BSG 16 and Under siege)
                              my newest story:
                              TFS Ticonderoga
                              and respond at:
                              TFS Ticonderoga

Comment

A plethora of # 6's are already here on earth and they are just waiting to get the call ...

With the sheer number of cylons and what they can do I think we would have a hard time blocking their initial attack. I believe we would have to turn to guerrilla warfare and wait for the Ancients to get off their high and mighty backsides to help us out. Since we know that will never happen, we'll have to come up with some type of device like the replicator weapon to turn them all off at once.
                                That never gets old ...

Comment

Working...
                                X