This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Garrowan5th View Post
    u don't think that at impulse the vger would have oddy?

Ablative armour ftw!

Oddy would have advantage cos of hyperspace, mayber
    what I ment is that the oddy could use the moves it used against the ori mothership to dodge hits and fire at voyager, although like an ori mothership voyager would only need a few good hits to win.
    sigpic
    Alt Reality Stargate Fanfic Click and coment
    STARGATE RESURRECTION

Comment

Originally posted by General_Finley View Post
      what I ment is that the oddy could use the moves it used against the ori mothership to dodge hits and fire at voyager, although like an ori mothership voyager would only need a few good hits to win.
      Ah, rite, I see what ur getting at.
      But don't forget, unlike the Ori ships, the Vger is very manourvreable
      sigpic
      385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Garrowan5th View Post
        OMG!!! U agreed with me!! Yes!!!
        Yep

The moves worked on the Ori because Ori motherships are much larger than the Oddyssesy, Voyager on the other hand is smaller than the Oddyssey and can fire in more than one direction. IMO a single transphasic torpedo is likely to penetrate the Oddyssesy's shields.
        Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
          Yep

The moves worked on the Ori because Ori motherships are much larger than the Oddyssesy, Voyager on the other hand is smaller than the Oddyssey and can fire in more than one direction. IMO a single transphasic torpedo is likely to penetrate the Oddyssesy's shields.
          Yup, I agree. In fact, I would go as far as to say I concur.
          Sure, Oddy can fire in more than one direction-ish, but no where near the arc of fire that the Vger has.

Oh, and let's not forget Paris at the helm and Janeway in comand copared to....oh, wait, Oddy don't have a standard commander as their always chopping and changing. how good for crew morale.
          sigpic
          385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Yep

I had my cousin plug in all the stats to see who would win, and acording to him and his computer your right, the Oddy would lose. I don't go against statistics, Upgraded voyager wins.

An Imperial Star destroyer vs. ori mothership
            sigpic
            STARGATE RESURRECTION

Comment

Probably the Ori ship. they're about the same size, and star wars shields/weapons seem inferior...
              sigpic

Spoiler:
              Originally posted by IMDB
              Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
              Hehe

Comment

Originally posted by tjoflojt View Post
                Probably the Ori ship. they're about the same size, and star wars shields/weapons seem inferior...
                thats what i thought, cause that ori beam is gona cut the star destroyer up
                sigpic
                STARGATE RESURRECTION

Comment

I had my cousin plug in all the stats to see who would win, and acording to him and his computer your right, the Oddy would lose. I don't go against statistics, Upgraded voyager wins.

An Imperial Star destroyer vs. ori mothership
                  What statistics are you talking about?
                  Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

What statistics are you talking about?
                    My cous watches way to much star trek and is glued to his comp 20 out of the 24 hours of the day. he put everything he knew about the ships from carful time measurments of its turning speed, manuverability, damage taken, damage dilivered, ECT. then he put it in some simulator program, I don't know which one exactly he's really kinda weird about what he lets other people know but i do know that it is similar to the one they use on that one program on spike to find out who would have one in those rediculouse battles between different warriors. he did this with both ships and he tells me voyager would win so I trust him.
                    Last edited by General_Finley; 25 June 2009, 09:34 AM.
                    sigpic
                    STARGATE RESURRECTION

Comment

My cous watches way to much star trek and is glued to his comp 20 out of the 24 hours of the day. he put everything he knew about the ships from carful time measurments of its turning speed, manuverability, damage taken, damage dilivered, ECT. then he put it in some simulator program, I don't know which one exactly he's really kinda weird about what he lets other people know but i do know that it is similar to the one they use on that one program on spike to find out who would have one in those rediculouse battles between different warriors. he did this with both ships and he tells me voyager would win so I trust him.
                      Interesting, I'm curious as to what numbers he got for the armor and shields of both vessels as well as their weapons. Could you find out for me?

Comment

Interesting, I'm curious as to what numbers he got for the armor and shields of both vessels as well as their weapons. Could you find out for me?
                        i'll try but he's kinda strange about everything, i won't see him again tell tonight when his parents come over for the weekly family dinner.
                        sigpic
                        STARGATE RESURRECTION

Comment

I just watched the new Transformers Movie. Could Transformers (in general) successfully invade and control present SG-earth?
                          sigpic

Spoiler:
                          Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
                          Hehe

Comment

Transformers 2 was epic.

Gate-verse earth? Of course they can. I mean, we could do some damage with the 304's and maybe drones, but that's it. If there were no autobot's, and a few hundred decepticons, then they have us owned.

Flying Optimus was epicly bad ass.

Sig by Draygon.

Comment

It was
                              Spoiler:

However, that all-eating decepticon seemed to be kinda though, but a experimental railgun (mach 7) took it out in one shot.
                              Last edited by tjoflojt; 05 July 2009, 05:08 AM.
                              sigpic

Spoiler:
                              Hehe

Comment

Originally posted by tjoflojt View Post
                                It was

However, that all-eating decepticon seemed to be kinda though, but a experimental railgun (mach 7) took it out in one shot.
                                ........cud u not have spoilerd that??..............owell........
                                Well, the Us military seemed to do okay when they realised what wepaons doen damage to the Decepticons. If they could have united all Earth's forces into a single strike and relay info bout sabot rounds etc then it would be a different story. With the wepaon available to us in Gateverse? I think we'd stand a 40/60 chance, in their favour, mabye 50/50
                                sigpic
                                385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Working...
                                X