This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by General_Finley View Post
    how would they adapt to beeing hit by super heated negatively ionized gas? I mean I understand how they adapt to phasers as phasers are a form of energy but plasma is matter that is just very very very hot, and likely has been negativly ionized.
    If it was simply just plasma I wouldn't expect the APBW's to be so powerful. Regardless I think the Borg will be able to take quite a few hits of the plasma beam canons.
    Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

as has been stated by buba (i think ^^), a cube could take the full output up a galaxy ship warp nacelle for over a minute. that either incredeble shields or a hull from heaven, but in either case the APBWs wont be getting through.
      sigpic

Spoiler:
      Originally posted by IMDB
      Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
      Hehe

Comment

Originally posted by tjoflojt View Post
        as has been stated by buba (i think ^^), a cube could take the full output up a galaxy ship warp nacelle for over a minute. that either incredeble shields or a hull from heaven, but in either case the APBWs wont be getting through.
        I think it was actually about 35 seconds, I part of the scene again. But even so thats at a very low end about 90-105. If the warp core outputs say 10x the amount of energy when at high warp then when its sitting in orbit doing nothing the number goes up a great deal.
        Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Yeah, I know this thread is for any mega battle, but the Borg vs Ori thread has been done to death. Don't bring it in here. Please??
          sigpic
          385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

This is 304 vs cube, where did ori come from?
            sigpic

Spoiler:
            Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
            Hehe

Comment

Originally posted by tjoflojt View Post
              This is 304 vs cube, where did ori come from?
              No, it's borg vs SG again that's getting me, and u saw where the ori vs borg thread went. People were getting their targes and broadswords ready for beating time.
              ALso, u urself brought up what Buba said on that thread.

I just don't want this thread polluted with arguing gaters with their blinkered borg veiws again. THere is a dedicated thread for that sort of fetish
              sigpic
              385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Skynet (at at stage when it has access to space travel) vs. the Goa'uld.
                Originally posted by Craig Charles
                "And the 'replicator' has just entered Sir Killalot's corner and Killalot is...urm...wait a minute... Sir Killalot has just been eaten by the 'replicator' and now there's two of them..."

Comment

Originally posted by Guest750 View Post
                  Skynet (at at stage when it has access to space travel) vs. the Goa'uld.
                  What level of space travel? On the ground the Goa'uld would be effortlessly slaughtered, in space depends what weapons + defences Skynet has.

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
                    What level of space travel? On the ground the Goa'uld would be effortlessly slaughtered, in space depends what weapons + defences Skynet has.
                    Depends how resistant the normal T-100 (??) is to staff blasts. But subsequent models would have a field day.
                    In space? I don't know. Ur right, it would depend how progressed they are.
                    sigpic
                    385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

I think it's pretty safe to say that Skynet will adapt to new tech. not in the borg/replicator way, but it will advance to meet the demands of it's adversary.
                      sigpic

Spoiler:
                      Hehe

Comment

star trek Romulans vs. the Goa'uld

Comment

Originally posted by timstro59 View Post
                          star trek Romulans vs. the Goa'uld
                          Well the Goa'uld have a major speed advantage so I'd give it to them in an all out war, the Romulans would have a hard time doing any attacking. On an individual ships basis I think the Scimitar would turn Goa'uld Ha'taks inside out.

Comment

Well the Goa'uld have a major speed advantage so I'd give it to them in an all out war, the Romulans would have a hard time doing any attacking. On an individual ships basis I think the Scimitar would turn Goa'uld Ha'taks inside out.
                            true(lol).

the goa'uld might have a speed advantage, but their shields and weapons arent the most powerful and the romulans, as we know would attempt to capture a ha'tak, then they would get access to hyperdrive technology and at that point the goa'uld are pretty much at a general disadvantage, unless they can get spys into the romulan high counsel then the playing would level out into finding out who has the most supplies.

oh and if anubis gets into the war the romulans are pretty much dead.

Comment

Ha'tak weapons are probably somewhat comparable to photon torpedoes, so they'd do a fair bit of damage to the Romulans. The wide spread use of cloaking would allow the Romulans some advantages but when an enemy can dictate the time and place of battle so easily it becomes a major obstacle trying to defeat them.

Comment

Reman, not romulan. The Scimitar was one of a kind, wasn't it? And it pawned Romulan arse!!
                                sigpic
                                385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Working...
                                X