X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by General_Finley View Post
    A T-800 vs. a Cylon centerion
    The Terminator without a sweat, especially after seeing Salvation.

Comment

Originally posted by tjoflojt View Post
      well, since the hebridan society is similar to earth, i guess they've had their share of wars, which would give them at least some competent commanders. and the travelers have been at war wich the wraith for a long time. i think it's pretty even, actually.
      I know that they are a fairly even match that is why I chose the two of them. I figured that it would be an interesting and highly debatable subject. Assuming no one brings in any outside help for their side.

As much as I love the idea of living in space for generations I am going to have to say the Hebridians are going to win. I cannot pin it down exactly but that is what I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Daryl Froggy View Post
        I know that they are a fairly even match that is why I chose the two of them. I figured that it would be an interesting and highly debatable subject. Assuming no one brings in any outside help for their side.

As much as I love the idea of living in space for generations I am going to have to say the Hebridians are going to win. I cannot pin it down exactly but that is what I think.
        well, since they have at least one planet, they have the upper hand on production. but i don't know about the travelers... i guess it comes down to who has better weapons and shields, as usual.
        sigpic

Spoiler:
        Originally posted by IMDB
        Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
        Hehe

Comment

Originally posted by Guest750 View Post
          A T-1000 versus Replicarter
          Human form, Asuran, or bug. if it were against a Human form or an Asuran the t-1000 would loose, against the bugs it stands a good chace of wining, ofcourse there is still the matter of there acid which could probably do some damage to the 1000
          sigpic
          Alt Reality Stargate Fanfic Click and coment
          STARGATE RESURRECTION

Comment

Originally posted by tjoflojt View Post
            well, since they have at least one planet, they have the upper hand on production. but i don't know about the travelers... i guess it comes down to who has better weapons and shields, as usual.
            Hm. Well the Travelers could probably mine some asteroid belts in uninhabited systems.

But who does have better weapons and shields? With the Hebridians there is not a whole lot to go by.

Comment

Hm. Well the Travelers could probably mine some asteroid belts in uninhabited systems.

But who does have better weapons and shields? With the Hebridians there is not a whole lot to go by.
              no... there's were minor displays in the space race, but those were racing ships. we know their rifles are decent weapons, but shields, i have no clue...
              sigpic

Spoiler:
              Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
              Hehe

Comment

Actually do they not mention going really close to their sun in that race ostensibly to test their shields? Also their tech would have to be better in some respects than the Goa'ulds technology since they drove them off of the planet.

That would be the pre-first episode Goa'uld technology not the post Anubis tech.

Comment

Actually do they not mention going really close to their sun in that race ostensibly to test their shields? Also their tech would have to be better in some respects than the Goa'ulds technology since they drove them off of the planet.

That would be the pre-first episode Goa'uld technology not the post Anubis tech.
                  hm... I guess you're right, haven't seen the ep in nearly two years I still think it's pretty even, though...
                  sigpic

Spoiler:
                  Hehe

Comment

True I was just trying to quantify a general area of advancement where the Hebridian's technology would be.

Comment

yeah... you would't happen to remember how close for how long it was? could help determine sheildstrenght.
                      sigpic

Spoiler:
                      Hehe

Comment

In the episode the hero ship was sabotaged and ended up hanging around the corona of their star for several minutes while they did a quick fix bypass of the sabotaged system. Most of the other ships only spent, at most, a minute in the corona of their sun and had no problems with it.

Of course the rather silly news broadcast mentioned that what they were referring to as the corona was little more than a translucent layer of super heated plasma. And that without shields "you would be instantly vaporized." How accurate that is I do not know however it is the closest thing I can think of to an explanation of how close to their sun they went.

My best guess would be that they can stay there for probably an hour or two before major problems arise. I could be largely wrong in my estimation either on the high end or the low end.

Comment

I would say the travellers may have it in the bag.

They can fight the perfect guerrilla war. The Hebrideans wouldn't be able to pin them down in the one place, and of course they'd have to find them first! THe Hebrideans would have static, planetary positions that the Travellers could raid at a whim before vanishing again.

Travellers would wear down the Hebrideans, no matter the military power.
                          sigpic
                          385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Four borg cubes against the Daedalus, Odyssey, Apallo, and Hammond.

Oh and the Travelers would beat the Hebrideanians.
                            sigpic
                            STARGATE RESURRECTION

Comment

Originally posted by General_Finley View Post
                              Four borg cubes against the Daedalus, Odyssey, Apallo, and Hammond.

Oh and the Travelers would beat the Hebrideanians.
                              Hmm...Depends how long it takes the Borg to adapt.
                              Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
                                Hmm...Depends how long it takes the Borg to adapt.
                                how would they adapt to beeing hit by super heated negatively ionized gas? I mean I understand how they adapt to phasers as phasers are a form of energy but plasma is matter that is just very very very hot, and likely has been negativly ionized.
                                sigpic
                                STARGATE RESURRECTION

Comment

Working...
                                X