• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

spartans>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>JAFFA

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
      spartans>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>JAFFA
      .......and...........??? Jaffa without staff weapons, matey. Because with, there would be no contest
      sigpic
      385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

What about the new start trek Enterprise (from the new film) Vs the Odyssey?

Comment

Originally posted by The accidental mistake View Post
          What about the new start trek Enterprise (from the new film) Vs the Odyssey?
          Well we don't know much about the new Enterrpise other than the fact its warp core(s) are pretty damn powerful! Its impossible to say.

How about Star Treks: Species 8472 vs the entire SG universe (without MW replicators first)?

IMO species 8472 would slaughter the entire SG universe.
          Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Quite possibly. However it has always seemed strange to me that species 8472 had no sizable disadvantage in the star trek universe given their own universes massive physical differences with it. If they live in liquid space it is possible that they also live under immense pressures if you take those pressures away it will most likely negatively effect them.

Since I really don't know too much about 8472 I suppose I shouldn't say anything more in this case.

Comment

Originally posted by Garrowan5th View Post
              .......and...........??? Jaffa without staff weapons, matey. Because with, there would be no contest
              Spartans would slaughter the Jaffa in straight up hand to hand combat, in 300 they are leaps ahead of the Jaffa in their skills, even not fighting in the Phalanx they're amazing one on one.

Jaffa aren't bad fighters, especially if they were all as good as Teal'c is, but they aren't, they don't fight as a unified force, they rely on their staff weapons and Zats.

As I think you Garrowan5th know my scenario was based around what I know from seeing the film 300.
              I have no basis to compare how the Spartans would have behaved in real life against the Jaffa, as I've not researched their history.
              The Spartans vs Jaffa battle I suggested was literally about the guys from the film 300 and the Jaffa as we know them from SG1.

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
              Well we don't know much about the new Enterrpise other than the fact its warp core(s) are pretty damn powerful! Its impossible to say.

How about Star Treks: Species 8472 vs the entire SG universe (without MW replicators first)?

Yeah I think 8472 would own the SGverse, they can own the Borg, if the Borg don't have their nanites adapted to deal with them, even then their weapons are extremely powerful.
              Phasers barely touched 8472 bio-ships and from our discussion in the Ori Vs Borg thread it's apparent that they are superior to the Ori's main weapon in the raw power stakes, being able to destroy parts of a planet, when the Ori's beam barely scorched top soil.

I don't see anything in the Stargate universe that could really harm 8472's ships.

Originally posted by Daryl Froggy View Post
              Quite possibly. However it has always seemed strange to me that species 8472 had no sizable disadvantage in the star trek universe given their own universes massive physical differences with it. If they live in liquid space it is possible that they also live under immense pressures if you take those pressures away it will most likely negatively effect them.

Since I really don't know too much about 8472 I suppose I shouldn't say anything more in this case.
              8472 seemed to deal fine in regular space.
              I don't think Voyager was having problems dealing with any pressures in 8472's realm.
              I think the only thing that may cause the pressures to occur is gravity.

Comment

Hopefully I won't sound like repeating myself, but we all know species random-number-of-doom are highly resistant to phaser fire. But what about projectiles? We don't know what it is about phasers they are immune to. If it is kinetic force bullets etc would probably fail horribly. But if it is the heat energy of the phaser, then maybe, just maybe, a 9mm to the head may put them down?

Originally posted by Daryl Froggy View Post

Isn't pressur eonly a problem when there is gravity to pull that pressure down on top of you?

Originally posted by Rise Of The Phoenix View Post
                Spartans would slaughter the Jaffa in straight up hand to hand combat, in 300 they are leaps ahead of the Jaffa in their skills, even not fighting in the Phalanx they're amazing one on one.

Jaffa aren't bad fighters, especially if they were all as good as Teal'c is, but they aren't, they don't fight as a unified force, they rely on their staff weapons and Zats.

As I think you Garrowan5th know my scenario was based around what I know from seeing the film 300.
                I have no basis to compare how the Spartans would have behaved in real life against the Jaffa, as I've not researched their history.
                The Spartans vs Jaffa battle I suggested was literally about the guys from the film 300 and the Jaffa as we know them from SG1.
                My apologies. i just assumed it was Spartans in general.
                The 300 from Frank Miller's stroy? Yeah, they would own the Jaffa in soooo many painful ways. Heeee *grins*

Originally posted by Rise Of The Phoenix View Post
                Yeah I think 8472 would own the SGverse, they can own the Borg, if the Borg don't have their nanites adapted to deal with them, even then their weapons are extremely powerful.
                Phasers barely touched 8472 bio-ships and from our discussion in the Ori Vs Borg thread it's apparent that they are superior to the Ori's main weapon in the raw power stakes, being able to destroy parts of a planet, when the Ori's beam barely scorched top soil.

I don't see anything in the Stargate universe that could really harm 8472's ships.

8472 seemed to deal fine in regular space.
                I don't think Voyager was having problems dealing with any pressures in 8472's realm.
                I think the only thing that may cause the pressures to occur is gravity.
                gun's I tells ya. Organic ships etc? I'm sure enough bullets would annoy them. No matter how breifly.

Can anyone guess that I am obssessed with guns over lasers etc?

Yes, i am the guy in Halo that runs round with the BR and the AR whenever possible. No plasma for me, laddie!
                sigpic
                385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Projectile weapons would probably be quite effective, although I think you'd need more than a hand gun to put a Species 8472 down + they can also regenerate fast.

On the ships however I don't know, it depends what their defences are like, all we know is that they're highly resistant to Borg weaponary I'd expect we'd need quite powerful rail guns to take them down. Significantly stronger than the ones we use now and even then I don't expect many SG powers to adopt projectile weapons if any at all.

I think Species 8472 weapons are likely to be doing at least as much damage to SG ships are Ori weapons do possibly more so the window of opportunity to hit them with these big projectile weapons would be quite low.
                  Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Projectile weapons would probably be quite effective, although I think you'd need more than a hand gun to put a Species 8472 down + they can also regenerate fast.

On the ships however I don't know, it depends what their defences are like, all we know is that they're highly resistant to Borg weaponary I'd expect we'd need quite powerful rail guns to take them down. Significantly stronger than the ones we use now and even then I don't expect many SG powers to adopt projectile weapons if any at all.

I think Species 8472 weapons are likely to be doing at least as much damage to SG ships are Ori weapons do possibly more so the window of opportunity to hit them with these big projectile weapons would be quite low.
                    Think 9mm hollow points in an MP5.........x5 soldiers.............and a grenade launcher. hehe.

I may have mentioned this on other threads, but think large calibre. like 120mm at least. I say 16", but that's just my fanciful imagination coming into play.

SG railgun may not have calibre, but they have RoF.

In fiction I write, my ships are 600m long and have broadsides of 70" guns along the sides, fore and aft as well as a few dorsal and ventral. They are like man-of-war ships in the future. Their goal is to get into a broadside position and let rip. they have railguns for point defence, but that's about it. Species Random-number are fast though, so unless you can bring your guns to bear (they are all on turrets, tho) then you could be in for a world of hurt as they slowly open your vessel like a tin of sardines.
                    sigpic
                    385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

aha i got this stickied

So spread the word about it, and if you see any new Versus threads please, re-direct them here. thanks

Sig by Draygon.

Comment

Originally posted by Garrowan5th View Post
                        My apologies. i just assumed it was Spartans in general.
                        The 300 from Frank Miller's stroy? Yeah, they would own the Jaffa in soooo many painful ways. Heeee *grins*
                        No worries, I may not have been quite clear enough about what I was suggesting.
                        gun's I tells ya. Organic ships etc? I'm sure enough bullets would annoy them. No matter how breifly.

Can anyone guess that I am obssessed with guns over lasers etc?

Yes, i am the guy in Halo that runs round with the BR and the AR whenever possible. No plasma for me, laddie!
                        I think the Borg did fire projectiles (probably torpedoes of some kind) at an 8472 bio ship when they tried to protect Voyager in Scorpion and it didn't look to do much damage, certainly didn't stop it, only a Cube slamming into one did that.
                        I think federation Photon and probably Quantum torpedoes are fired at warp speed when at warp so at or in excess of light speed, the Borg's are probably the same.

If Stargate can muster some relativistic weapons they may do a little damage, possibly a swarm of Drones may harm a Bio Ship or a group of death gliders flying at a million miles per hour into one may kill them.
                        Have a fleet of Tria's land into the 8472 fleet and you may slow them down for a little while.

Dragon_Heart I always let people know that there is a thread or everything Vs when they decide to create one for a specific Vs idea.

Comment

Enough of these paltry and ridiculous crossover vs. battles, even the ones I come up with, I want to know...

Who would win the Travelers or the Hebridians?

The Travelers would be at the height of their power, their ships are not falling apart, and do not have access to any ancient ship.

The Hebridians will also be at the height of their power and will, for whatever reason, already have a dedicated military fleet.

Comment

well, since the hebridan society is similar to earth, i guess they've had their share of wars, which would give them at least some competent commanders. and the travelers have been at war wich the wraith for a long time. i think it's pretty even, actually.
                            sigpic

Spoiler:
                            Originally posted by IMDB
                            Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
                            Hehe

Comment

A T-800 vs. a Cylon centerion
                              sigpic
                              Alt Reality Stargate Fanfic Click and coment
                              STARGATE RESURRECTION

Comment

A T-1000 versus Replicarter
                                Originally posted by Craig Charles
                                "And the 'replicator' has just entered Sir Killalot's corner and Killalot is...urm...wait a minute... Sir Killalot has just been eaten by the 'replicator' and now there's two of them..."

Comment

Working...
                                X