How advanced are the Aschen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aer'ki View Post
    They're still out there, and pretty pissed over what earth did to them, especially given the blackhole address they provided. Also, how dumb do they have to be not to be able to figure out a DHD-less stargate?

Assuming they are that dumb or unmotivated, how long do you think it will take for them to travel to a world with an intact DHD and gate and get the information they need to start moving on to the rest of the galaxy...and eventually Earth for some payback.

I read someplace that the Stargate Writers thought of having an episode or movie about the Aschen finally coming to Earth for some payback...my question is, how advanced are they compared to Earth?

Also, what would their ships look like and how would they compare to the few 304s that we have? Also, aside from nasty bio weapons, what type of weapons might they have?
    umm, from what i remember from the episode, they had a DHD and there are billions of possible stargate adresses but only a couple thousand that actually work so not knowing whether the planet your trying to dial has a gate or any life at all means that you could try mybe a couple million addresses and still never connect unless you had gate adresses.i mean the only reason we are able to do it is because we have the abados cartouch and oniells ancient program.

and if "2010" is any indication i would say that pre unending they would have been a SERIOUS threat if they survived the blackhole thing but now i think that we can handle almost any ships they throw at us.

as for their fancy bio weapons, it would be impossible to tell if we would be able to combat them since weve never seen them in use before.
    STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

The Aschen is cleary a race which should be taken seriously. However I think Earth could easily do something. Firstly why don't send Deadalus or another ship to the Aschen homeworld and check. Won't the long range sensors be efficient to scan the planet. They would never see that comming hence the Earth they know didn't have all that tech and it was not obvious it would obtain it so fast. But no doubt they will probably have a plan in mind. Comming by stargate would be very bad. We're almost the only ones who know about them and they could for instance fake they were gone. Then earth would send more people to obtain tech (The IOA would be stupid enough) and some trap will be activated.

Another thought might be. Did the Aschen survive the Ori? They are an humanoid race and wouldn't the Ori either convert them or wipe them out?

Comment

Originally posted by NorseGuy View Post
        The Aschen is cleary a race which should be taken seriously. However I think Earth could easily do something. Firstly why don't send Deadalus or another ship to the Aschen homeworld and check. Won't the long range sensors be efficient to scan the planet. They would never see that comming hence the Earth they know didn't have all that tech and it was not obvious it would obtain it so fast. But no doubt they will probably have a plan in mind. Comming by stargate would be very bad. We're almost the only ones who know about them and they could for instance fake they were gone. Then earth would send more people to obtain tech (The IOA would be stupid enough) and some trap will be activated.

Another thought might be. Did the Aschen survive the Ori? They are an humanoid race and wouldn't the Ori either convert them or wipe them out?
        For the Ori to find them, they would have to go through a gate. And I doubt the Aschen left those unguarded since 2001 incident.

Since ship travel was more common among their confederation, I doubt our ships would be able to enter easily in their territories. Earth should rather use Tel'tak or Jumpers or whatever ship able to cloak.
        La vie est une tragédie - Tout le monde meurt à la fin.
        L'Histoire est une comédie - Les gentils gagnent toujours à la fin.

Comment

oddy can cloak.

aschen are advanced, but only in certain areas. they made a miracle drug, starships (but not fast enough for Long range interstellar), could terraform, yet ironically they have ring-less transportation.

i'd place them above goauld, but only above goauld in certain areas.

and an episode, "yesterday/today/tomorrow" dealt with timetravel, and in one of the alternate timelines, they found a deserted earth: the aschen had retaliated and no life was left.

aschen are immoral. immoral enough to take a small ship, add a cobalt bomb and render earth uninhabitable (like a mini-dakara, but then with a nuke and so much radiation that not even an Exoskeleton can help you survive)

Comment

I was perusing the Aschen related info via the Wikia. They really made no reference that they lacked the technology for long range travel, instead just stuck around the planets in the Confederation. They weren't inclined to explore.

It also mentioned the planet was on the Abydos cartouche, so my theory that they were a project of the Ori doesn't really hold up there. I suppose they could still have stumbled on their leftover technology and their methods seem similar. One key point is that the Volian society was afflicted by a plague, that the Aschen could cure. That sounds very familiar.

It could have propelled them beyond our level of technology to repel their enslavers. Earth needed Asgard, Goa'uld, and Ancient tech to defend themselves. It doesn't seem like we developed much on our own that can defeat very advanced races (other than the usual nuke inside a mothership strategy).

Oh just making another stab. Maybe I just need SG: Universe to air already so I'm not rambling on here.

Comment

Working...
            X