Odyssey only can kill Ori mothership?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Commander Thor View Post
    BAMSR the Auroras hadn't had their shields up for the start but they got their shields up. and the bams weapons simply pummled through them with ease. probably cause Anubis Ha'taks are about as powerful (in shields at least) as an aurora...maybe not as strong but similar shield geneartors but not as powerful due to power supply.

and Oddys shields were upgraded aswell when the core was put in. put that with the ZPM the Oddys shields are more powerful than an O'Neills definately and is close to an Ori motherships. so the weapons would be close to an Ori motherships with a ZPM. not as powerful but close. w/o the ZPM it would be severl gigawatts less power. but still extremly powerful.

so id say yes

non ZPM'ed 304 could take out a Ori Mothership. but would take longer. about 1 / 2mins of solid firing + manouvering to not get pummeled by main cannon.
    It was never directly stated that the Odyssey's shields were upgraded.
    The only potential upgrades that 304s may have in the shields department is whatever Rodney had worked on in The Tao Of Rodney,. but it was never stated that those were installed on the Daedalus.
    It seems more likely that being fully powered off of the ZPM is how Odyssey gets it's improved shield strength.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
      I doubt any other earth ship could take out an ori ship. Without the kind of shield strength that a ZPM adds I think the Ori ship is likely to take out the Earth ship before it's destroyed itself.
      Thats highly unlikely.

Remember - the Asgards plasma weapons were designed specifically with the Ori in mind... and the development of these weapons (along with in the long run the asgard core) was the real Asgard Legacy to Earth.

When the Asgard died they didn;t know about the Ark of Truth, or its existence. They developed a weapon, and gave Earth this weapon - to give Earth - the fifth race - a fighting chance against the Ori.

They wouldn't have designed a weapon which can destroy the Ori warships which can only be powered by a Zpm - simply in that that would have achieved nothing. - Earth would merely have had 1 ship vs. potentially dozens of Ori Motherships... a exceptionally one sided battle.

The Asgard weapons more than likely are capable of killing Ori Motherships on all of Earths other battle-cruisers.... simply in that they d need to be for Earth to even stand a chance against the Ori... which is what the Asgard's legacy in the short run was all about! (there's no point gifting a race your entire knowledge and history, if that race is to become exstinct inside of a couple of months of your own exstinction anyway!)

Comment

Originally posted by ianjones1246 View Post
        Thats highly unlikely.

Remember - the Asgards plasma weapons were designed specifically with the Ori in mind... and the development of these weapons (along with in the long run the asgard core) was the real Asgard Legacy to Earth.

When the Asgard died they didn;t know about the Ark of Truth, or its existence. They developed a weapon, and gave Earth this weapon - to give Earth - the fifth race - a fighting chance against the Ori.

They wouldn't have designed a weapon which can destroy the Ori warships which can only be powered by a Zpm - simply in that that would have achieved nothing. - Earth would merely have had 1 ship vs. potentially dozens of Ori Motherships... a exceptionally one sided battle.

The Asgard weapons more than likely are capable of killing Ori Motherships on all of Earths other battle-cruisers.... simply in that they d need to be for Earth to even stand a chance against the Ori... which is what the Asgard's legacy in the short run was all about! (there's no point gifting a race your entire knowledge and history, if that race is to become exstinct inside of a couple of months of your own exstinction anyway!)
        While I agree that is a likely possibility, it was never actually confirmed on the show.
        The beams can easily beat down all shields we've seen them used on so it could be that this was something the Asgard were working on for some time, as Thor said he'd been working on the core for the better part of a year (I think that's right ) maybe another team of Asgard were working on the beam weapons to give us an edge against any possible enemies we may face, they're pretty awesome against the Wraith and they use armor so maybe the Asgard had them in mind also as they're potentially just as serious a threat as the Ori were IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by ianjones1246 View Post
          Thats highly unlikely.
          The Asgard gave us all that they knew, sure the beam weapons would help out but that doesn't mean the tech will be perfectly suited to us and our current situation, the Asgard seemed asif they were on a timelimit, not enough time to perfect the tech to suit us. I don't think it's highly unlikely considering how much of a beating a ZPM powered 304 was taking in 'Unending'. The Oddy couldn't deal with 2 Ori ships, it was barely holding it's own against one Ori ship, I don't see how a ship with significantly weaker shields it going rise to the challenge.

Comment

If a 304 can avoid the uber beam of the Ori it will win, once it gets behind the Ori ship its won I bet a 304 can keep up with any maneuvers an Ori mothership may try to make. On the opposite side of the argument a single Ori beam hit will largely cripple a standard 304 so the 304 would have to really move it.
            Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

All 304's can win as long as they don't go kaboom. Then they might lose.
              Some say that he has only one ear.
              And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
              All we know is he's called
              sigpic

Comment

the nice thing about the plasma beam weapons is, they dont actually have to drain an enemies ships shields to destroy it...enough hits at any part of a enemies shields allows the beam's to actually punch through the and hit the ships hull...like someone said, if the rest of the 304's have the same rate of fire as the Odyssey, then they could destroy a toilet...the only disadvantage they would have is defensive...

Comment

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
                  I think the others could kill a toilet lid but wouldn't be able to endure the abuse they'd receive in the process.
                  they would - in a one on one situation (or if they actually moved the ship during the fight, unlike most battles against the wraith (the first one is the most notable: they sit there and deploy their beam nukes and then get beaten up (they would have been beaten, even without the anti-beam-measures)) in any other they might (not entirely sure as we don't know how much (in percentage) off a push the ship gets from the ZPM) get blown to pieces...

greets LAX

Comment

I don't think the beam canons are restricted. It was said that they could be powered without the zpm, but that doesn't mean they can't have ZPM power added to them, making them stronger.

Think about this, which is more powerful? An Asgard ship, or a 304 with Asgard upgrades?

Duh, an Asgard ship is way stronger. In the first battle at the supergate an Asgard ship was present and it couldn't kill an Ori ship. By the way, was it destroyed and Vessir killed? I never saw it explode, maybe it was in there and I missed it.

Earth can't match the Asgard, and the one Asgard ship couldn't beat an Ori ship, so the only way that the Odyssey could kill an Ori ship must have been the ZPM...which is the only piece of technology superior to the Asgard tech.

Hence, only the Odyssey can kill an Ori mothership...unless they lose the ZPM and move it to another ship.
                    Stargate: ROTA wiki

Comment

Originally posted by Aer'ki View Post
                      In the first battle at the supergate an Asgard ship was present and it couldn't kill an Ori ship. By the way, was it destroyed and Vessir killed? I never saw it explode, maybe it was in there and I missed it.

Earth can't match the Asgard, and the one Asgard ship couldn't beat an Ori ship, so the only way that the Odyssey could kill an Ori ship must have been the ZPM...which is the only piece of technology superior to the Asgard tech.
                      No they never showed it to explode.
                      But you're wrong. That Asgard ship didn't have any plasma beam weapons, it had conventional pulse weapons. The beam weapons likely developed after that battle. So yes the Asgard ships had got better shields(or just better powersource) than a normal 304, but the plasma beam weapons give a big advantage to Earth.

They can destroy shielded Aurora-class battleships, so it's very likely they can destroy Ori ships too.

Comment

Working...
                      X