No announcement yet.

Who could build the best ship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cause i dont know. oh yea, asgard are damn strong and that beam is good against armor only?

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
      and thats not good. you have to be objective, not subjective.
      Your hardly being objective.

I long ago learned that no one on this board can ever win an argument. They'll disagree and disagree and disagree. Eventually it ends up getting heated because the other person 'refuses' to see sense as me/you/or whoever see it.
      Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

lemme think. deadalus at max was: right 4 days. weir thinks:

-deadalus underpowered
        -deadalus asgard hyperdrive
        -deadalus at max= 4 days.
        this alone is the perfect explanation for why weir says 4 days. its perfect pure logic and seeing as she has NEVER EVER seen an asgard ship and the only asgard tech she has seen is what we have on our ships, the 4 days for asgard figure is perfectly matching with the 4 days for deadalus figure!

Comment

Your hardly being objective.

I long ago learned that no one on this board can ever win an argument. They'll disagree and disagree and disagree. Eventually it ends up getting heated because the other person 'refuses' to see sense as me/you/or whoever see it.
          you know my opinion yes. but i clearly take one way of interpretation. you can interpretate it many ways.

atlantis is fked up by us due to damage. perfectly fine. oh wait, everyone in this universe can repair all tech easily. damn, forgot. todd who repairs asgard tech with ease, mckay who repairs the alien teleporter device he has never seen before, john who repairs a chair, mckay who repairs jumpers, humans repair auroras, humans repair... what havent they repaired, aside from the Tria which vanished into a plothole?

Comment

Off topic, but do we still use naquadria?
            sigpic

Comment

how insanely offtopic is that? yea, in the gatebuster.

oh and can someone finally try to disprove my arguments, instead of clinging to straws? or am i the only one capable of more advanced forms of argumentation. aside from you, buba.

Comment

you know my opinion yes. but i clearly take one way of interpretation. you can interpretate it many ways.

atlantis is fked up by us due to damage. perfectly fine. oh wait, everyone in this universe can repair all tech easily. damn, forgot. todd who repairs asgard tech with ease, mckay who repairs the alien teleporter device he has never seen before, john who repairs a chair, mckay who repairs jumpers, humans repair auroras, humans repair... what havent they repaired, aside from the Tria which vanished into a plothole?
                They havnt repaired my old laptop
                sigpic

Comment

and thats not good. you have to be objective, not subjective.
                  Well it's all a matter of perspective, from my perspective the Ancients could just make the better ship, that's what I think, I've looked at other people's points, formed my opinion and I still think the Ancients could make the better ship, I'm not the only one here that thinks that way.

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
                  Cos the shields are Asgard and the Asgard rule
                  The Asgard were awesome, just like the Ancients were awesome, they both made some amazing stuff in their time.
                  With the Acturus thing, if the weapon's supposed to use raw energy to eat through things then it doesn't get shown to do that to a shield you could use the good old favorite point and say Daedalus survived with a plot shield.

Comment

With the Acturus thing, if the weapon's supposed to use raw energy to eat through things then it doesn't get shown to do that to a shield you could use the good old favorite point and say Daedalus survived with a plot shield.
                    oh wait. deadalus survived a solar flare. big bunch of very powerfull energy. and hey, i explained the sattelite with a particle beam. and the solar flare is particle-beam-esque too. so hey, maybe it all fits?

Comment

Yes I know your opinion very well lol.

Don't forget the gate room that was blown to bits one episode fixed the next with no explanation.

Regardless from what we've seen full application of Ancient tech would make the best ship. Atlantis is millions of years old its horribly inefficient, the Ancients could most likely build some more update and better if they wanted. Remember its a city ship, its not meant for battle. The drones and shield are for defense its not designed as a warship. Logically if the Ancients wanted to build an uber ship of death they could make something superior to a million year old flying city.
                      Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Again with making things up, the arcturus cannons was never said to be ground based version of the satelite. Whatever, i'm not gonna bother anymore.

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
                        Sadly, very true. Even more sadly, this applies to most forums and most discussions.

Oh, and killman, are my arguments that non-advanced?

Covering up scandals and keeping secrets is almost a racial trait.

Isn't it funny how the word 'politics' is made up of the words 'poli' meaning 'many' in Latin, and 'tics' as in 'bloodsucking creatures’?

Comment

yes, but you forget that you can upgrade that million year old flying city. hell, it might be atlantis #5 if parts have been removed and re-added.

Comment

Again with making things up, the arcturus cannons was never said to be ground based version of the satelite. Whatever, i'm not gonna bother anymore.
                            actually that WAS said in the episode.

Comment

Don't forget the gate room that was blown to bits one episode fixed the next with no explanation.
                              The repies fixed it the first time they canabulized there ships, but after the Asuran beam weapon damage i have no idea.
                              sigpic

Comment

easily: The Tower: they find a city ship. and the Tria mightve been used for parts. seems like it was totally incapable of any hyperfight and it might have been more damaged than we thought

Comment

Working...
                                X