No announcement yet.

Lantean and Ori satallite weapons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iron melts at around 1510 degrees C (2750°F)
    I am gonna guess that a person would melt way before that

We have a certain ammount of iron in our blood, we are also carbon based lifeforms these are both metals, however having these in our body dosen't mean that we have the same propertys as them

Just because a Lantean satalite can destroy a Hive ship (Which is mostly if not totaly organic) in one blast dosen't mean it can do the same to a metalic alloy

also the lantean satalite could destry all 3 of the incoming hive ships once fully powered, which ment when it was at it's prime it could more than likely destroy the same ammount if not more. And it may also have some shields it would make more scence to have shields, but we never saw them.

But when i made my choice i based it on the fact that the Ori Sataite destroyed a ship which was made of metal and had shields.
    sigpic

Comment

From a practical standpoint, the Ori more than likely had to give the planet's population plans for the satellite that would be compatible with their technology, limiting its effectiveness. Pragmatically speaking, the Ori also likely wouldn't have given a new ally technology that could be used effectively against them. And lets be honest, the Prometheus never actually faired all that well against many of the opponents it faced. Also, the Lantians would have built their home system's weapons satellites to be state of the art, given that their very survival was at stake, and thus I believe that logically, the Lantian satellite would be a more powerful weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by Vis Uban View Post
        From a practical standpoint, the Ori more than likely had to give the planet's population plans for the satellite that would be compatible with their technology, limiting its effectiveness. Pragmatically speaking, the Ori also likely wouldn't have given a new ally technology that could be used effectively against them. And lets be honest, the Prometheus never actually faired all that well against many of the opponents it faced. Also, the Lantians would have built their home system's weapons satellites to be state of the art, given that their very survival was at stake, and thus I believe that logically, the Lantian satellite would be a more powerful weapon.
        1st
        That it what i said awhile ago, the technology that was used to build them is inferioue to what the ori or ancients could build

2nd

Didnt think that the Ori made ally's just tought they conqured

3rd
        The satalites weren't there last line of defence, they were just there to defend the system against any ships that came into range, the wraith could have simply hyperspace jump passed it and avoided the satalite, and gone streight to Atlantis. Also Atlantis could handle anything the wraith could throw at them (with the shield and ZPM's and drones)
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Thermi View Post
          Iron melts at around 1510 degrees C (2750°F)
          Carbon melts at 3625 ºC (but if there is oxygen in the atmosphere it will burn before that).

Comment

exatly thats why i put iron in instead of carbon lol
            sigpic

Comment

lol owned

Comment

the ancient one is more focused even though it was being charged by a naq generator

the ori satilite was biult old fashioned yet still quite powerful yet slow its shields would hold up enough against the ancient beam for a long time i think

the ancient satilite would have shields otherwise they would be easily taken out by 2 hives at least

the ori beam is powerful like a punch in the stomach but the ancient beam is like a knife in a stomach
                sigpic

Comment

your wisdom is always valued ol' wise one.

Comment

But the Ori satalite HAD shields in the series and that is what i based my decision on, if we say the ancient one has shields it can only be speculation.

Yes the ancient satalite would have to have shields to protect it against the hives it didn't total in the first go. And becuase it used a capasiter to buffer the power would have ment that more power could be given to the shields (speculation) and that would make the satalite a force to be reconed with.

Also if ships had that weapon it would be awesome

But based on what we saw in the Series the Ori one was the only one that had shields, and the ancient one didn't, and the Ori one is superiour.

But based on what would be logical for the Ancients to do and they were able to do is what makes the ancient satalite the best.
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X