• Show
Clear All

Well said!
    sigpic

My fan-fic, swedish outpost

Comment

Originally posted by Rasunda View Post
      Well said!
      Why thank you very much, have some green coz I'm in a green giving mood.

Comment

i dont see the point in a township for as long as there is a major threat. a township is much like atlantis, which means its not perfect for space. colony ships are.

ha'tak are the simplest way. no need to buy them from the jaffa, just kill annother minor goauld and take his.

wraith hive could house 10000 with ease.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
          i dont see the point in a township for as long as there is a major threat. a township is much like atlantis, which means its not perfect for space. colony ships are.

ha'tak are the simplest way. no need to buy them from the jaffa, just kill annother minor goauld and take his.

I think that the 2 Ha'tak from Apophis could take 2000 Jaffas.

So 1 Ha'tak = 1000 Jaffas.
          Knowing the Goa'uld, the accommodations were minimal but well, let's suppose that with Asgard tech, we can achieve the same feat.

But among those 1000 people, how much do we need to operate the ship and ensure the safety of the whole crew?

Note :
          I am asking all those questions, because I am currently working on a fanfic in an alternate reality where SG1 never killed Ra.
          There is however a SG team that ended there by accident and nevertheless think that fighting the Goa'ulds and other potential enemies should still be their top-priority.

What I really lacked was a convenient base (there is no SGC, no Alpha to Gamma sites and Atlantis can't be reached). They can't rely on Earth for various reasons. A mobile base would be useful.
          La vie est une tragédie - Tout le monde meurt à la fin.
          L'Histoire est une comédie - Les gentils gagnent toujours à la fin.

Comment

Well 250 crew members and 750 civilians
            sigpic

Comment

use a Ha'tak'ko (sokar's mothership). y'know, the thing Apophis stole in the eppy with the Tobin mines.

or just steal a ha'tak and man it. more than enough people. or a troop transport, which apparently can hold thousands

Comment

I was thinking about this perfect alpha site and after thinking it well I believe that Alpha site could be a space station, orbiting between 2 galaxies, like Midway Station, with direct contact only true SGC or Atlantis and in case that you don't have the right password, the dialing computer transfers you on some other Stargate inside your galaxy.

The special trick of this space station would be that this station would be a space docking station on which multiple ships would be docked and in case that people from Earth would search refuge on this station ships would leave the station and go to outpost to other galaxy for example, left our people there and than go back to Earth / Atlantis to fight our stations back.

what do you think about this idea? (I hope that someone didn't wrote something like this before, If did sry for posting it again).

Comment

Yes but trupp transports are not designd for interstellar travel.
                  sigpic

Comment

An Atlantis class ship with 2 Atlantean satellites in orbit and a 304 shipyard.
                    SIGN THE PETITION: http://www.savesgu.tv/petitions/mult...-sgu-petition/
                    LIKE THE FACEBOOK PAGE: http://www.facebook.com/SaveSGU
                    READ THE PLAN: http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/8...aving-Stargate
                    Spread the word! Save the gate!

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                      Of course the Town Ship wouldn't be made until a while after the Stargate program was revealed to the public of Earth, but if it was built it would be designed to work well in both space and on a planet's surface.
                      I did previously say it would be a civilian colony and since it could move in space that would make it a colony ship IMO.
                      If a Town ship was like a fifth the size of Atlantis it could get off of the ground with less energy needed to get it into space.

While the Wraith being our only real current threat they've only made it to Earth once in five years, I don't see it as all that likely a whole fleet of their ships could make it to the Milky Way without help from us, or if they found some form of Ancient intergalactic hyperdrive tech that gave them inspiration to tweak their drives, which since even after having free reign in PG for 10,000 years they haven't yet discovered the tech to get here.

Even if the Wraith were gone there will always be races that threaten the Humans of Earth so why hold out to build something like this when the SG program is known to the world?
                      16 years from now I think it's been said that the population will increase by 2 billion, medical technologies could drastically extend the lifespan of the average person so that figure could increase by a lot, just imagine how many more people will be here in half a century, it's gonna be way too over crowded and if some of those people can move off world, to different locations it puts a better guarantee on some of us surviving an enemy's attack.
                      These Town Ship's would have decent defenses, be constantly upgraded with better tech to improve those defenses and could move when they need to so they're IMO the best option out of the Human made colony ship ideas.
                      Ha'Tak I agree are a simple means of expanding are fleet in general, but since the system lords fell we haven't heard of any minor Goauld using them, if any Goauld have united (since they don't have Jaffa or Humans doing their bidding any more) to rebuild their fleets we probably couldn't find them, the Galaxy is a big place and they may not be present on planets within the known Stargate network.
                      IMO dealing with the Jaffa is the easiest way for us to get hold of Ha'Taks.
                      Actually taking over a Hive or even Cruisers with a properly orchestrated plan may not be all that hard to do, the Wraith certainly wouldn't IMO be prepared for it.
                      Use Atlantis's sensors to pin point Hive locations in PG, get a few Jumpers full of personnel using Asgard personal cloaks to board a Hive, they carry canisters of Becket's retrovirus to turn them into Humans, release it in a Hive's ventilation system, the Wraith get knocked out, we drop them off on a world with a Stargate, by the time they've woken up and changed back into Wraith the Hive's back near Atlantis.
                      We then tweak it's tech to be better powered, thus making it closer to the Super hive in power than a regular one, add in some internal defenses mainly for the Dart bays, make it more user friendly to control, remove some or all of the hibernation chambers, install some warmer looking decor and it'd be sorted.
                      You could use the capture strategy many times before the Wraith had figured out what was happening and get your own fleet of Semi-Super Hives and Battle Cruisers.

It's not like we'd need their help to make something like this work but I bet the Travelers would even help if they knew they'd get something out of it like a few Cruisers or something and they could certainly do with the housing.

Comment

Working...
                      X