• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bigger =/= better.

Go Green

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
      Why would the weapons be 5x more powerful? I don't think an O'neill would have the power to make the beam weapons 5x more powerful. An Unending O'neill would have no advantages over the Oddy bare more weaponary (perhaps) even then it has the disadvantage of being less agile and a bigger target.
      like i said if the weapons were bigger then they would be more powerful. no1 ons what powers the O'Neil but i do no it will be far more powerful than the powersouce of 304s (not including oddy but still enougth)

Comment

Originally posted by tjoflojt View Post
        the hives have been scaled to about 4km, 304s to 1km, if i remeber correctly, using atlantis, which is about 3 km wide. the superhive could be about 11km, on the other hand. an O'Neill is not bigger than maybe 3 or 4km long.
        i have seen a lot of scaling threads and i no thats not true

Comment

Originally posted by mickhhh View Post
          like i said if the weapons were bigger then they would be more powerful. no1 ons what powers the O'Neil but i do no it will be far more powerful than the powersouce of 304s (not including oddy but still enougth)
          You don't get it. To power guns 5x more powerful you need 5x the power. An O'neill isn't going to be that much better in terms of power generation than our own ships to be able to power Asgard beams 5x the power. You're making up guns which don't exist saying the Asgard could put them on their ships...which is quite frankly fanwank.

An Asgard O'enill with the Unending weapons would be beaten soundly. The Superhive beat Atlantis! And I'm sorry but there's nothing in the Asgard arsenal that can top that.
          Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

i have seen a lot of scaling threads and i no thats not true
            http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=51749

somewhere in this thread the concluded the sizes i used.
            sigpic

Spoiler:
            Originally posted by IMDB
            Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
            Hehe

Comment

You don't get it. To power guns 5x more powerful you need 5x the power. An O'neill isn't going to be that much better in terms of power generation than our own ships to be able to power Asgard beams 5x the power. You're making up guns which don't exist saying the Asgard could put them on their ships...which is quite frankly fanwank.

An Asgard O'enill with the Unending weapons would be beaten soundly. The Superhive beat Atlantis! And I'm sorry but there's nothing in the Asgard arsenal that can top that.
              no you dont get it! the O'Neil will be able to generate 5x the power. even if the type of powersource is equally as effective as a 304s its still going to be atleast 5x the size so it will generate much more power.
              plus we no that the O'Neil can generate much more power even 4 its size because of the speed it can travel

plus atlantis was not fighting very well. it was firing like 5 drones a second. if it fired them like on lost city it would have won in seconds
              Last edited by mickhhh; 25 January 2009, 08:36 AM.

Comment

yes, it generates more power, but it's also a much bigger ship, which means larger shields, stronger engines, more weapons. it evens out.
                sigpic

Spoiler:
                Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
                Hehe

Comment

no you dont get it! the O'Neil will be able to generate 5x the power. even if the type of powersource is equally as effective as a 304s its still going to be atleast 5x the size so it will generate much more power.
                  plus we no that the O'Neil can generate much more power even 4 its size because of the speed it can travel
                  What speend can it travel? Asgard ships take 4 days to travel from Earth to Lantia.

Why should I take your word for it that an O'neill can generate 5x the power of a 304? You do realize that even if it can generate 5x the power thats going to be shared between shields, weapons etc...I see no reason to think its going to be able to generate 5x the power either. Its not like all that extra space in the vessel is devoted to power generation.

I'll tell you what. Give me some facts or numbers to back up your unsupported claims of 5x the power beyond saying '"but but but the Oneill is much biggerrr". If not drop it an accept your wrong.

Like I said, Atlantis itself was defeated by that Hive, nothing the Asgard can build could match it.
                  Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by tjoflojt View Post
                    yes, it generates more power, but it's also a much bigger ship, which means larger shields, stronger engines, more weapons. it evens out.

those things would take more power but it would be the same % of the powersource leaving the same % for the weapons. if it was an equal powersource that is which its far more powerful anyway

Comment

yes, the same % of power probably goes to weapons, but a vessel 5 times the size a 304 has 5 times as many weapons. they're equally powerfull.
                      sigpic

Spoiler:
                      Hehe

Comment

those things would take more power but it would be the same % of the powersource leaving the same % for the weapons. if it was an equal powersource that is which its far more powerful anyway
                        An O'neill isn't going to be able to power more significantly powerful weapons and stronger shields etc...The Superhive would eat it alive. The Asgard wanktech is just no match for the wankyness of the Superhive.

Comment

look a beliskner already has 4x the power of a 304. the oddy has atleast the power of an Oneill when it comes to generation of power. but an oneill can carry MUCH more beam weapons. not to mention the possibility of beam-based repairs. and the absence of damage leak. an oneill IS agile. just because TPTB refuse to show their maximum potential doesnt mean they arent agile. besides, the bigger=less agile thing is taken out of the picture by Inertial Dampeners. the asgard have explosion surpressors. they could just fly around using their hundreds if not thousands of terabyte computers and advanced sensors to make up for their agility and to aim perfectly. RL tanks can aim properly at high speed. who says a race with thousands of times our calc and sensor power cant do the same on their ships? if an oneill is built for war, it would carry more and more powerfull generators. if it was built to fight replicators, it would be much more redundant. the superhive doesnt have rotatable guns. the Oneill could fire its beam weapons over and over and just hit the ship in roughly the same spot.

atlantis was frikking piloted by BECKETT. if it was sheppard, OK, but beckett isnt the best, atlantis' shields were being eaten by earth's atmosphere, they had to keep that massive thing in the air, and it didnt fire alot of drones.

a single volley from every beamcannon capable of being installed on an oneill built for that task( as i said before. so not just a few beamcannons replacing its main cannon(s), which already was(were) impressive) would DO significant damage. i mean,

"POW"
                          "OMG, 0wr 0n3 sh0t d03snt d0 a th1ng. what d0 w3 d0 n0w"
                          "brac3 f0r impact!"

seriously....

for an UnO'neill its more like

"POW"
                          "POW"
                          "POW"
                          "POW"
                          "POW"
                          "POW"
                          "POW"
                          "POW"
                          "POW"
                          "POW"
                          "POW"
                          "POW"
                          "POW"
                          "POW"
                          "POW"
                          "POW"
                          "POW"
                          "POW"
                          "POW"
                          "POW"

"0mg our gunz 0wn"

Comment

A ZPM oddy would still get owned. The beams caused minimal damage when the ship wasn't complete, the Superhive would have the oddy down very quickly.

Its hard to shoot in any sort of concentrated pattern when your evading, I really don't think that an O'neill or the Oddy could survive the amount of firepower that Hive dishes out. Infact I know it couldn't. Neither the Oddy or O'enill its going to have the luxury of firing beam after beam after beam into the Hive while that thing is opening up with is significantly more numerous gun batteries.
                            A computerized fire control system would have very little trouble obtaining solutions while evading. In fact if the fire control system was doing the evading it could be very effective indeed.

Comment

What speend can it travel? Asgard ships take 4 days to travel from Earth to Lantia.

Why should I take your word for it that an O'neill can generate 5x the power of a 304? You do realize that even if it can generate 5x the power thats going to be shared between shields, weapons etc...I see no reason to think its going to be able to generate 5x the power either. Its not like all that extra space in the vessel is devoted to power generation.

I'll tell you what. Give me some facts or numbers to back up your unsupported claims of 5x the power beyond saying '"but but but the Oneill is much biggerrr". If not drop it an accept your wrong.

Like I said, Atlantis itself was defeated by that Hive, nothing the Asgard can build could match it.
                              yes but a 304 with out a zpm takes 2 weeks so the O'neil must have a better powersource far its size. when a 304 has a zpm its speed is almost the same as the O'neil so it must have equal power 4 its size. get that through your thick head.

sheilds might take 5x more power but it will take the same % of the power source.

i am not saying take my word for it but think about it. its quite simple math if you have half a brain

Comment

look a beliskner already has 4x the power of a 304. the oddy has atleast the power of an Oneill when it comes to generation of power. but an oneill can carry MUCH more beam weapons. not to mention the possibility of beam-based repairs. and the absence of damage leak. an oneill IS agile. just because TPTB refuse to show their maximum potential doesnt mean they arent agile. besides, the bigger=less agile thing is taken out of the picture by Inertial Dampeners. the asgard have explosion surpressors. they could just fly around using their hundreds if not thousands of terabyte computers and advanced sensors to make up for their agility and to aim perfectly. RL tanks can aim properly at high speed. who says a race with thousands of times our calc and sensor power cant do the same on their ships? if an oneill is built for war, it would carry more and more powerfull generators. if it was built to fight replicators, it would be much more redundant. the superhive doesnt have rotatable guns. the Oneill could fire its beam weapons over and over and just hit the ship in roughly the same spot.

atlantis was frikking piloted by BECKETT. if it was sheppard, OK, but beckett isnt the best, atlantis' shields were being eaten by earth's atmosphere, they had to keep that massive thing in the air, and it didnt fire alot of drones.

a single volley from every beamcannon capable of being installed on an oneill built for that task( as i said before. so not just a few beamcannons replacing its main cannon(s), which already was(were) impressive) would DO significant damage. i mean,

"POW"
                                "OMG, 0wr 0n3 sh0t d03snt d0 a th1ng. what d0 w3 d0 n0w"
                                "brac3 f0r impact!"

seriously....

for an UnO'neill its more like

"POW"
                                "POW"
                                "POW"
                                "POW"
                                "POW"
                                "POW"
                                "POW"
                                "POW"
                                "POW"