Daedalus (Pre-Unending) Vs Pillar of Autumn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
    you have seen the amount of weaponsfire the deadalus outputs, right? well imagine taking a hummer, install one big badass minigun, and fire on a wooden wall, keep firing till all the ammo you can carry runs out. now thats roughly what would happen if the deadalus opens up on the POA.

a railgun has significantly more energetic and penetration potential than normal rounds of machineguns. a railgun can fire 250+ kilometres. and those were the experimental guns from the Prometheus.

no ship can be fully siffed and keep on going. yes, several holes and such are possible, but the deadalus would siff it so much it becomes a fish net. and no ship can keep on going if its a fish net.

i have no clue what a NOVA bomb does....

It looses like 80% of its outer hull and can keep going.
    sigpic
    385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Garrowan5th View Post
      It looses like 80% of its outer hull and can keep going.
      The key word is 'outer' hull, what happens if the rail guns slugs start tearing through its internals?
      Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

a railgun slug would probably only be stopped by the hull layer on the OTHER end of the ship. the deadalus fires glowing slugs. so either these things are whitehot or molten. either case: its BAD when they impact. the outer hull would be siffed through, the internals would be fcked up completely.

the deadalus wins anyway.

but what does a NOVA bomb do? negate gravity? then its worthless against the deadalus.

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
          The key word is 'outer' hull, what happens if the rail guns slugs start tearing through its internals?
          ........true..........

a railgun slug would probably only be stopped by the hull layer on the OTHER end of the ship. the deadalus fires glowing slugs. so either these things are whitehot or molten. either case: its BAD when they impact. the outer hull would be siffed through, the internals would be fcked up completely.

the deadalus wins anyway.

but what does a NOVA bomb do? negate gravity? then its worthless against the deadalus.
          Yeah, whatever.

Am not sure, but I don't think it would bother the daeddy
          sigpic
          385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Originally posted by jonos101 View Post
            Yeah, and NOVA Bombs are planet killers. The Autumn could just fire of a NOVA from long range (doesn't matter if it's detected) then jump back into Slipspace. There is no way the Deadalus would jump into Hyperspace because of one missile, it would just shoot it down. Cortana would have left a subroutine in the NOVA, then BOOM! It detonates outside weapons range of the Deadalus, so it can't be shot down, then no more Deadalus.
            It's not a planet-killer; it can scorch a planet's surface, thus wiping out everything there, but it doesn't destroy planets.

And once they got a reading using the Asgard sensors on what the incoming thing was, I'm fairly sure they'd realize the extreme danger and jump away.
            Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
            Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
              It's not a planet-killer; it can scorch a planet's surface, thus wiping out everything there, but it doesn't destroy planets.

And once they got a reading using the Asgard sensors on what the incoming thing was, I'm fairly sure they'd realize the extreme danger and jump away.
              I thought they said in 'First Strike' that a NOVA was a planet killer? Could be wrong though.

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
              Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

I thought they said in 'First Strike' that a NOVA was a planet killer? Could be wrong though.
                No. It can destroy everything on a surface with the massive explosion and heat wave, but the planet itself is fine save for the scorching.
                Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

No. It can destroy everything on a surface with the massive explosion and heat wave, but the planet itself is fine save for the scorching.
                  I just looked it up and on page 180 of 'First Strike' they do say that it is a "planet killer".

Also in 'Ghost of Onyx' Cortana asks HIGHCOM to use a NOVA on Delta Halo, which would also mean it has the power of a "planet killer".

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
                  Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

OH CRAP!!!

Comment

I just looked it up and on page 180 of 'First Strike' they do say that it is a "planet killer".

Also in 'Ghost of Onyx' Cortana asks HIGHCOM to use a NOVA on Delta Halo, which would also mean it has the power of a "planet killer".
                    Using the Halopedia (my trusty guide since I lent the books out long ago and never got em back... :/):

The NOVA Bomb is a cluster of nine fusion warheads encased in lithium triteride. When the warheads are activated the lithium triteride shell focuses the blast in upon itself, multiplying the destructive power a hundredfold. This gives the NOVA Bomb an unprecedented payload for its size. Its capability to "destroy" a planet, thus causing the nickname "Planet-Killer" to be derived. This may be misleading in the fact that it will do nothing more than superficial damage to a decent sized planet, but instead wipe out the entire population on it. This dead zone is present in space around the planet as well. It should be noted, that on the one recorded event when a NOVA Bomb was detonated that it scorched one-quarter of the planet due to a concentration of thermal energy inside the planet's atmosphere. Any further detailed analysis on the full power of this bomb has yet to be mentioned in the Halo series, but it is known that it has the most destructive capabilities in the UNSC arsenal to date. Basically, the NOVA is a group of 9 normal nukes put together in lithium triteride around a deuterium core, the principal is the same as any normal H-bomb but redirects move of the blast to compression of fuss-able material resulting in the matter in question to be compressed to neutron star density, and with the occurrence of neutron fusion, which is much more exothermic then normal fusion creates the energy or destructive force described in the books.

Comment

Using the Halopedia (my trusty guide since I lent the books out long ago and never got em back... :/):
                      Well, that says that they are nicknamed "planet killer", but in the book Admiral Whitecomb says that they actully are "planet killers".

That sucks about your books, have you read the new one?

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:

I like the yellow ones.

OH CRAP!!!

Comment

Well, that says that they are nicknamed "planet killer", but in the book Admiral Whitecomb says that they actully are "planet killers".

That sucks about your books, have you read the new one?
                        Unfortunately, no. Been too busy with schoolwork to make a trip to the bookstore

Comment

it kills a planet in the sense that it becomes uninhabitable, not that the planet is killed.

seems like an impossible warhead to me. but our nukes do massive damage too. but not from a heatwave. more like the shockwave and the dust and residue radiation of the explosion, the latter two forming clouds around the planet that will create radioactive rain, and block out the sun.

a single Horizon=NOVA bomb.

Comment

it kills a planet in the sense that it becomes uninhabitable, not that the planet is killed.

seems like an impossible warhead to me. but our nukes do massive damage too. but not from a heatwave. more like the shockwave and the dust and residue radiation of the explosion, the latter two forming clouds around the planet that will create radioactive rain, and block out the sun.

a single Horizon=NOVA bomb.
                            No, it actully destroys the planet. In 'Ghost of Onyx' a single NOVA destroyed a space station, a huge fleet of ships and a moon. It said the moon was actully breaking up.

Also, a NOVA is much more powerful than a Horizon.

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:

I like the yellow ones.

OH CRAP!!!

Comment

do you have any grasp of how insanely fanwankish totally uber such a thing has to be for it to destroy a PLANET by hitting its SURFACE! like, peta or exatons. or MUCH more.

besides, its nine warheads. so one could destroy a fleet, several a moon, and one a spacestation.

a moon is much smaller and actually much easier to kill. and we dont know the composition of that moon.

also, a nuke has to be point blank to do anything at all.

Comment

do you have any grasp of how insanely fanwankish totally uber such a thing has to be for it to destroy a PLANET by hitting its SURFACE! like, peta or exatons. or MUCH more.
                                I never said it wasn't fanwankish.

besides, its nine warheads. so one could destroy a fleet, several a moon, and one a spacestation.
                                It doesn't work like that, it's just like one big explosion

also, a nuke has to be point blank to do anything at all.
                                Have you read the books?

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:

I like the yellow ones.

OH CRAP!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X