Daedalus (Pre-Unending) Vs Pillar of Autumn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Garrowan5th View Post
    No its not. Cortana (or the resident AI) can assue full control. Look at TF, Cortana is the one doing all the fighting
    Then how about the Deddy starts shooting rail guns at the glass then gets closer and plants a nuke in there?

So even if the nuke doesn't get in the command crew is dead and their is much internal damage to the ship

Also chain of command is put into chaos as well
    Vote Anubis for President in 2012
    A Face you Can Trust
    sigpic
    So whats the worst that could happen?
    Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
    It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

A lot of people get the idea that because the PoA doesn't have shields means it can't really stand up to the Daedalus. The PoA and specifically Halcyon class cruisers have been known remain operational despite sustaining breaches to all compartments and losing 90% of their armor. The PoA was able to disable 4 covenant ships and damage more while taking numerous shots from their plasma torpedo's. Also the fact that Captain Keyes was a brilliant naval strategist, I would have to say that the PoA would still win.

Comment

Originally posted by dominiator4ever View Post
        A lot of people get the idea that because the PoA doesn't have shields means it can't really stand up to the Daedalus. The PoA and specifically Halcyon class cruisers have been known remain operational despite sustaining breaches to all compartments and losing 90% of their armor. The PoA was able to disable 4 covenant ships and damage more while taking numerous shots from their plasma torpedo's. Also the fact that Captain Keyes was a brilliant naval strategist, I would have to say that the PoA would still win.
        I'm sorry, but no. The Daedalus just has to fly around to the back (out of the MAC's range), drop a Gatebuster on top of the Autumn, then jump into hyperspace.
        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
          I'm sorry, but no. The Daedalus just has to fly around to the back (out of the MAC's range), drop a Gatebuster on top of the Autumn, then jump into hyperspace.
          Would it even have to be a gatebuster?
          Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
            Would it even have to be a gatebuster?
            Oh, of course not. But it would just ensure that no last-minute trick by Cortana could save the Autumn... and put to rest any "OMG THE AUTUMNZ ARMOR CUD TAKE DAT!" arguments to counter it.
            Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
            Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Oh, of course not. But it would just ensure that no last-minute trick by Cortana could save the Autumn... and put to rest any "OMG THE AUTUMNZ ARMOR CUD TAKE DAT!" arguments to counter it.
              When I made this thread I was only considering the normal weapons of both the Autumn and the Daedalus. If that was the case then the Autumn could emerge from slipspace outside of the Deddy's sensor range fire a Nova bomb and destroy the Deddy. And the shields of the Deddy can't protect it from a Nova bomb anymore than the hull of the Autumn can't protect it from a Mark IV.

Comment

The gatebuster wouldn't have anywhere near as much potency in a vacuum. That debate has been sorted ages ago. it would have to near point blank to have the desired affect.

When I made this thread I was only considering the normal weapons of both the Autumn and the Daedalus. If that was the case then the Autumn could emerge from slipspace outside of the Deddy's sensor range fire a Nova bomb and destroy the Deddy. And the shields of the Deddy can't protect it from a Nova bomb anymore than the hull of the Autumn can't protect it from a Mark IV.
                Well said, sir!
                sigpic
                385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

I find it doubtful that UNSC sensors would be more advanced than the Asgard sensors. Especially when it's said that UNSC ships "tear" their way in and out of slipspace compared to the nice clean entries and exits that Covenant ships make. Because of this, I find it nearly impossible to believe that the Pillar of Autumn would go undetected.

If the Nova bomb was somehow accurately fired from beyond the Daedalus' sensor range (which is absurd. We know that Asgard sensors can see really far away. The only way that the PoA could fire the Nova bomb undetected would be if it launched the Nova bomb blindly and had it guide itself in on the Daedalus) then the Daedalus would have a very long time to react. Now yes, in the series the ship commanders tend to be idiots that can't evade obviously devastating attacks at all, but in the hands of a competent commander, the Daedalus would be able to retreat into hyperspace.

The same can't be said for the PoA. If it dropped out of slipspace, it wouldn't take a half-intelligent commander on the Daedalus long to see the bridge and fire on it. Even if Cortana was able to assume control of the ship and run, the Daedalus would still have won.

If the Daedalus had to retreat in the event of the Nova bomb being launched, it would be able to return in full fighting form.

Comment

seeing the amount of fire the deady outputs AND the fact that the Pillar only has a few inches of titanium, it would be turned to a siff. fully. the entire ship would be blasted to smithereens, not to mention beaming a nuke on the ship, launching some 100 missiles at it at once combined with firing all its railguns, etc

Comment

The Gatebuster could completely wipe out the state of New York (and I mean vaporize) as well as severely damage anything around it for miles. I don't think being in a vacuum will prevent it from taking out the Pillar of Autumn... no, scratch that, I'm sure of it.

Besides, the Daedalus would be able to detect the Nova (not the mention the ship itself) with more than enough time to move out of the way and attack.

Comment

a gatebuster can blow my entire country off the map. and thats within the VAPOURISE area. not to mention the rest of the effects.

in space, a nuke becomes useless pretty rapidly. but seeing what a nuke did to a hive, a supernuke would blast the POA to hell

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                          a gatebuster can blow my entire country off the map. and thats within the VAPOURISE area. not to mention the rest of the effects.
                          Yeah, and NOVA Bombs are planet killers. The Autumn could just fire of a NOVA from long range (doesn't matter if it's detected) then jump back into Slipspace. There is no way the Deadalus would jump into Hyperspace because of one missile, it would just shoot it down. Cortana would have left a subroutine in the NOVA, then BOOM! It detonates outside weapons range of the Deadalus, so it can't be shot down, then no more Deadalus.

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
                          Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Originally posted by jonos101 View Post
                            Yeah, and NOVA Bombs are planet killers. The Autumn could just fire of a NOVA from long range (doesn't matter if it's detected) then jump back into Slipspace. There is no way the Deadalus would jump into Hyperspace because of one missile, it would just shoot it down. Cortana would have left a subroutine in the NOVA, then BOOM! It detonates outside weapons range of the Deadalus, so it can't be shot down, then no more Deadalus.
                            Exactly thats what I meant. Even though I didn't want this thread to turn into two ships firing superweapons at each other, the Nova bomb doesn't need to be fired from short range and even if fired from long range it could still destroy the deadalus even with shields up.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                              seeing the amount of fire the deady outputs AND the fact that the Pillar only has a few inches of titanium, it would be turned to a siff. fully. the entire ship would be blasted to smithereens, not to mention beaming a nuke on the ship, launching some 100 missiles at it at once combined with firing all its railguns, etc
                              Eh, trhalf a metre bud. And that's the point, the PoA CAN be turned into a sieve and still fight on. Says so in the canon
                              Last edited by Stewart5; 22 January 2009, 06:44 AM.
                              sigpic
                              385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

you have seen the amount of weaponsfire the deadalus outputs, right? well imagine taking a hummer, install one big badass minigun, and fire on a wooden wall, keep firing till all the ammo you can carry runs out. now thats roughly what would happen if the deadalus opens up on the POA.

a railgun has significantly more energetic and penetration potential than normal rounds of machineguns. a railgun can fire 250+ kilometres. and those were the experimental guns from the Prometheus.

no ship can be fully siffed and keep on going. yes, several holes and such are possible, but the deadalus would siff it so much it becomes a fish net. and no ship can keep on going if its a fish net.

i have no clue what a NOVA bomb does....

Comment

Working...
                                X