Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where do those schematic things come from?

Originally posted by Peoples_General
    Okay... its been established that the Ori have the Toiletbowl-Class as their standard warships.

We should also try to watch out for the Sink Class cruisers, the even more massive Tub-Class carriers as well as the utterly gigantic 30km long Jacuzzi-Class mobile starbase.

Comment

Originally posted by Legosim View Post
      Where do those schematic things come from?
      im not sure if its still there but there used to be a sort of technical manual thing for various stargate technologies on syfy dot com and thats where it came from.
      STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
        Either they're beyond our understanding or manufacturing capability, or they are very big and cannot be shrunk, requiring any ship containing one to be huge. 304s are certainly not big ships compared to other capital ships, so maybe they are limited in the power sources that can be built into them.

And of course, there's always plot getting in the way. If the Daedalus or Apollo could get from Earth to Atlantis in hours, things would be too easy, and Atlantis wouldn't seem distant or isolated, it'd be little more than a long haul flight away time-wise.
        have you thougt about that the asgard galaxy iscloser than the pegasus galagy?

think about that

Comment

X-304 Too are not realistic. After them have improved asgard . Nobody would began to hide such power.
          Well, contrary to popular human belief, the Earth is not the centre of the galaxy. (c) ARIS BOCH
          SGU DEAD - Good News !!!

Comment

Originally posted by techwork View Post
            X-304 Too are not realistic. After them have improved asgard . Nobody would began to hide such power.
            So Tech, your meaning is?
            My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
            sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

ok im not about to search through like 14 pages for this. I've been interested in the map colors of the ships. Prometheus is white, Daedalus is green, Odyssey is orange, Korolev is purple, Apollo is blue, we never saw the Sun Tzu, but I couldn't make out the George Hammond. It looked orange, but Odyssey is orange. Red maybe?
              There is nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself. You can't remake the past, so look ahead...or risk being left behind

Comment

Originally posted by Ziel View Post
                I wouldn't mind an Irish BC-304.
                They could call it the Hiberna (that's Latin and therefore as close to anicent as we've got) or the Eire (that's Irish, just in case you didn't know).

I agree. If there is something out there I wouldn't mind Ireland having a 304 to protect our asses. I don't think "The Eire" would be a great name for it though! Doesn't sound right. "The Hiberna" could work though.

Comment

For the third time in his life Caldwell felt that bigger is better.

"You spent 7 years as MacGyver and you can't figure this one out? We got belt buckles and shoe laces and a piece of gum, build a nuclear reactor for crying out loud.."

"...."

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Excalibar View Post
                    u no ever since Camelot ive been woundering y there hasnt been any new russian ships in the show at all.

thoughts anyone?
                    I think they would be pissed that their first and only 304 was destroyed just after it was finished, but i don't think they got another. USA only promised one ship, and i don't see how they should have gotten another unless they bought it.

Comment

I wish the Oddy didnt survive but the russian 304 did. Would make it far more interesting storyline...

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

This is kinda a new topic but is the 304 a battle ship of a fighter ship? If you compare the battle abilities of the 304 to a traditional warship of the sea then then don't seem to line up. For example, a warship can defend itself from all sides with rotary cannons. Translated into space that would mean the the 304 would be able to fire backwards and forwards at the same time, providing a full sphere of fire. What we have seen from the show is that the 304 only has fire batteries at the front firing forward in about a half sphere of fire like a fighter jet. This would make the ships title of BC or battle cruiser inaccurate. Just some thoughts. i'd like to know what you think.

Comment

the ship can fire in all directions the only reson weve only seen it fire forwards is that the enemy has allways been infront of the ship.....

check daedalus variations to see that she can fire in multiple directions.

also the term "battle cruiser" is wrong and confusing to begin with and there is no such thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Alx View Post
                            the ship can fire in all directions the only reson weve only seen it fire forwards is that the enemy has allways been infront of the ship.....

check daedalus variations to see that she can fire in multiple directions.

also the term "battle cruiser" is wrong and confusing to begin with and there is no such thing.
                            I agree that battle cruiser is a very poor designation for the 304 and the 303 design, it's completely inaccurate and almost certainly chosen purely because it sounds cool, but I'm not sure what you mean by 'there is no such thing'.

Battle cruisers most certainly did exist (early 20th century), at least in naval terms - the Royal Navy wasted years on them before realising they were an inherently flawed concept. They were supposed to have the speed of a destroyer and the firepower of a battleship, but they instead they generally had the vulnerability of a destroyer and the expense of a battleship.

I liked the idea somebody suggested that the BC in BC-303/304 should be retconned to mean Battle Carrier, a far more fitting description I think.
                            And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                            sigpic
                            Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
                              I agree that battle cruiser is a very poor designation for the 304 and the 303 design, it's completely inaccurate and almost certainly chosen purely because it sounds cool, but I'm not sure what you mean by 'there is no such thing'.

Battle cruisers most certainly did exist (early 20th century), at least in naval terms - the Royal Navy wasted years on them before realising they were an inherently flawed concept. They were supposed to have the speed of a destroyer and the firepower of a battleship, but they instead they generally had the vulnerability of a destroyer and the expense of a battleship.

I liked the idea somebody suggested that the BC in BC-303/304 should be retconned to mean Battle Carrier, a far more fitting description I think.
                              Agreed!
                              i have always been partial to the "DSC" (deep space cruiser/carrier) tho.

Comment

Originally posted by bradly08 View Post
                                I wish the Oddy didnt survive but the russian 304 did. Would make it far more interesting storyline...
                                I said the same at the time and i still think your right now

Also the asgard legacy should have been a whole ship so earth would only get a single OMGWTF wankship for ark of truth and the 304s would be sort of 1.5 a ha'tak in strength

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

Working...
                                X