Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no, 304s have that capability as well. and if beaming doesnt do it for you then how about merlins phase tech? or s09's inderiction generator. we can set it up around mars or jupiter.
    [kick ass signature coming soon]

Comment

The first requires prep time, the later doesn't exist.

Comment

Well should the Jaffa send a cargo ship to Earth and do some damage, wouldn't the Jaffa have a nuke down their gate some mins later? Or Earth could put the same sensors Anubis used.

Comment

just make a hyperspace "capable" satelite. when you se the tel'tak or whatever coming, figure out where it'll pop up, and have a hyperspace window ready to suck it right back up.
          sigpic

Spoiler:
          Originally posted by IMDB
          Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
          Hehe

Comment

ever thought about the fact that beaming is, well, jammable?

a tel'tak could exit hyperspace right on top of New York. wont survive, but neither will New York.

Well should the Jaffa send a cargo ship to Earth and do some damage, wouldn't the Jaffa have a nuke down their gate some mins later? Or Earth could put the same sensors Anubis used.
            there are roughly 100 jaffa planets out there. you dont know if they are FJN or not, or wheter they are Baal's , or other jaffa. and the FJN will be VERY pissed if we nukem for no reason. probably gets us a Ha'tak ramming into, well, Yellowstone? bye bye, life on earth

Comment

Originally posted by Synate View Post
              Ah, all they'd have to do is denounce hwoever did it as a rogue element, and the FJN is an actual goverment, what about all the other pirates, smugglers, and criminals in the galaxy? How do you hold them accountable?

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                Ah, all they'd have to do is denounce hwoever did it as a rogue element, and the FJN is an actual goverment, what about all the other pirates, smugglers, and criminals in the galaxy? How do you hold them accountable?
                this is a good point well somebody will have to develop a way to detect cloaked ships

Comment

Originally posted by oniel193 View Post
                  this is a good point well somebody will have to develop a way to detect cloaked ships
                  The Wraith can do it, through why they need ZPM level power to do it is beyond me.

Comment

Na ah.

Only Altantis has that sort of capability I think, and that doesn't change the fact that it takes some 3 seconds to dematerialise something.
                    but there is also asgard beaming technology that works like wraith tech sorta that we saw in "thors chariot" that could dematerialize an entire goauld pyramid in like a second or less.

and in the episode "promethius" thor said that they monitor all hyperspace activity in the vicinity of earth and were able to track the promethius so we should be able to detect incoming vesels in hyperspace.

and as for any cloaked vessels all we have to do is what that minor but thought he was so big and bad goauld did in the episode "last stand" and set up a network of sensors to scan for disturbances in the atmosphere and then lock onto their heat signature and destroy them.
                    STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Originally posted by stargater1990 View Post
                      but there is also asgard beaming technology that works like wraith tech sorta that we saw in "thors chariot" that could dematerialize an entire goauld pyramid in like a second or less.

and in the episode "promethius" thor said that they monitor all hyperspace activity in the vicinity of earth and were able to track the promethius so we should be able to detect incoming vesels in hyperspace.

and as for any cloaked vessels all we have to do is what that minor but thought he was so big and bad goauld did in the episode "last stand" and set up a network of sensors to scan for disturbances in the atmosphere and then lock onto their heat signature and destroy them.
                      We don't have that tech, and if we did, it would still take too long to dematerilise the enemy suicide sihp.

Now, as to cloaked vessels, the technology is totaly useless if you bring your ship in slowly enough to avoid any heat buildup or itf yo say outside the atmo.

Comment

The Wraith can do it, through why they need ZPM level power to do it is beyond me.
                        Because they need large amounts of power to make it be sensitive enough.
                        If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                        Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                        If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                        Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
                          Because they need large amounts of power to make it be sensitive enough.
                          Do you know just how proposterous that is?

Does a radar dish need mroe power to be more sensitive? No, all your likely to do is overload a few circuits. This applies to all the sensors that I'm aware of.

Comment

Do you know just how proposterous that is?

Does a radar dish need mroe power to be more sensitive? No, all your likely to do is overload a few circuits. This applies to all the sensors that I'm aware of.
                            Have you ever tried running something that requires 9 V using a 1.5 V battery?
                            If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                            Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                            If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                            Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

exactly, the more energy you can pump into the sensors, the more sensitive they become and the more they can "sense".

Enjoying Stargate's Technobabble since 1997

If you like the Gateworld podcast be sure to listen the The 5th Race Podcast for a fan's view of the Stargate Franchise! and join the forums while you at it![/CENTER]

Comment

Sensors don't really work that way. I mean really, you would need millions of joules of energy to bring these sensors up to max efficiency, and that['s just not how any sensors work.

If you routed all that pwoer through active sensors, each "ping" woud be equivalent to a shot of a cannon.

Then again, this wouldn't be the first time TPTB ****ed up tehir science royaly.

Comment

Working...
                                X