This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darien View Post
    It was quite a long time ago I last saw Full Circle but I don't remember it being physically destroyed. I know their stargate was destroyed and all the Abydonians ascended with the help of Oma but I don't think Anubis blew the planet up.
    Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
    He didn't.
    Just rewatched the episode's ending on DVD - my mistake. In my defence I don't think it's entirely clear what happens, I always interpreted it as the destruction of the entire planet, but it could also have been just the pyramid and surrounding area.

So, uh, *cough* yeah that's actually a good idea from a practical point of view, although I'm not entirely sure the SGC would really want to start a massive shipbuilding project on a world that is essentially one big memorial to the Abydonians, who were pretty important to major people in the Stargate Program.

If they did, they'd have to get a stargate from somewhere, but I suppose that's hardly a problem.
    And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
    sigpic
    Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

well the explosion was massive, yes. but it was like a gatebuster going off.

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
        So, uh, *cough* yeah that's actually a good idea from a practical point of view, although I'm not entirely sure the SGC would really want to start a massive shipbuilding project on a world that is essentially one big memorial to the Abydonians, who were pretty important to major people in the Stargate Program.

If they did, they'd have to get a stargate from somewhere, but I suppose that's hardly a problem.
        Yeah I was thinking about that too, but don't forget that they're not dead. They've ascended so if they have a problem with us being there they can just come and tell us to go.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
          The bays on the Prometheus was at first the hyperdrive engines, once we entered into an official alliance with the Asgard they out fitted the Prometheus with smaller hyperdrive and power systems and the bays were then converted to 302 hangar bays. The hyperdrive was most likely move to where the old bays were, in the central structure of the vessel.
          Talking about both ships' designs... They're all great ships, and I love them, but... I think that what the Daedalus class lacks what Prometheus had, and vice versa. Let me explain with pics:

Spoiler:

See, Prometheus had this cool bridge that resembles aircraft carriers and all, but it lacked the fighter bays.

Now, the Daedalus class has the fighter bays nice and dice, but lacks a well defined and pompous bridge. In my humble opinion, an eventual X-305 model (since what is done is done and the X-304 won't be changed) should be something like this:

Purple: big cool bridge, Prometheus style
          Red: super-cool upper "wings", Promethes style
          Green: badass fighter bays, Daedalus style

Forgive me for the absolutely crappyness of this pic edition - I know zero, niente, nada about photoshop and similar programs. However, I would live a happier life if someone here on Gateworld who makes models, wallpapers and stuff could take a time and trn this idea into a respectfulll, beautifull picture.

Also, the ship could have a shiny neutronium hull (or is it trinium?), like the O'Neill class asgard ships, instead of the current lego hull...

Oh, and the engines at the back are awesome at the Daedalus, that's one thing in which it beats the crap out of the Prometheus (those two big rocket-like engines are nowhere as cool as the new multi engine look of the Daedalus class). No need to change them.
          Last edited by Makenshi; 08 February 2009, 05:54 AM.
          One Ring to rule the Dark Side
          sigpic
          Sith Nazghul

Comment

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
            Heracles was my idea!!! :O Oo,
            Great minds think alike, Lol.

what about "The Legacy"?! Equipped with Asgard, Nox, and Alterran technologies.
            Not too shabby a name.
            Whatever the ancients can do we can, eventually, do better.

Comment

Originally posted by HunGripen View Post
              It was not there fault it blew up. The Tau'ri-Ori crisis was mainly because the USA.

technically its vala's fault because if she hadnt shown up out of her greed for wealth, then none of the events that led to the ori invasion would have happened.

but then you could argue that it was the USA's decission to use the communication device but honestly if the russians found the cave and the device they would have done the same. afterall they are human and therefore subject to curiosity and the urge to explore.
              STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Originally posted by stargater1990 View Post
                technically its vala's fault because if she hadnt shown up out of her greed for wealth, then none of the events that led to the ori invasion would have happened.

but then you could argue that it was the USA's decission to use the communication device but honestly if the russians found the cave and the device they would have done the same. afterall they are human and therefore subject to curiosity and the urge to explore.
                I only stated that the Korolev was not destroyed because the crew was russian.

Comment

Originally posted by Makenshi View Post
                  Talking about both ships' designs... They're all great ships, and I love them, but... I think that what the Daedalus class lacks what Prometheus had, and vice versa. Let me explain with pics:

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/1989/prometheuscg4.jpg

See, Prometheus had this cool bridge that resembles aircraft carriers and all, but it lacked the fighter bays.

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/5356/daedaluspr5.jpg

Now, the Daedalus class has the fighter bays nice and dice, but lacks a well defined and pompous bridge. In my humble opinion, an eventual X-305 model (since what is done is done and the X-304 won't be changed) should be something like this:

http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/5...ushybrigy6.jpg

Forgive me for the absolutely crappyness of this pic edition - I know zero, niente, nada about photoshop and similar programs. However, I would live a happier life if someone here on Gateworld who makes models, wallpapers and stuff could take a time and trn this idea into a respectfulll, beautifull picture.

Also, the ship could have a shiny neutronium hull (or is it trinium?), like the O'Neill class asgard ships, instead of the current lego hull...

Oh, and the engines at the back are awesome at the Daedalus, that's one thing in which it beats the crap out of the Prometheus (those two big rocket-like engines are nowhere as cool as the new multi engine look of the Daedalus class). No need to change them.
                  that would look cool!

I was a fan of the tower that the prometheus had and wish that they had held on to it in some form larger than the one the daedalus has....
                  Last edited by Bagpuss; 14 February 2009, 10:10 AM.
                  Enjoying Stargate's Technobabble since 1997

If you like the Gateworld podcast be sure to listen the The 5th Race Podcast for a fan's view of the Stargate Franchise! and join the forums while you at it![/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by Makenshi View Post

Spoiler:

The 303 in ethon, post revamp, changed my veiw of the class. Think adding the large tower to the deadalus class would ruin it...but i wouldn't mind the 303 class being built by other nations!

oh, and add spoiler tags around your images like i have done so the page stays 800.

sigpic

Comment

sorry if this has been mentioned before.

with all of the asgard knowledge and the asgard core, why does a 304 still take 18 days to get to pegasus. it has asgard hyperdrives and we've seen there ships get there in a couple of days hell even a few hours. now i know its to do with power generation so why cant we make the asgard ion generators for our 304's??

Comment

Originally posted by OmegaTheta1 View Post
                        sorry if this has been mentioned before.

with all of the asgard knowledge and the asgard core, why does a 304 still take 18 days to get to pegasus. it has asgard hyperdrives and we've seen there ships get there in a couple of days hell even a few hours. now i know its to do with power generation so why cant we make the asgard ion generators for our 304's??
                        Either they're beyond our understanding or manufacturing capability, or they are very big and cannot be shrunk, requiring any ship containing one to be huge. 304s are certainly not big ships compared to other capital ships, so maybe they are limited in the power sources that can be built into them.

And of course, there's always plot getting in the way. If the Daedalus or Apollo could get from Earth to Atlantis in hours, things would be too easy, and Atlantis wouldn't seem distant or isolated, it'd be little more than a long haul flight away time-wise.
                        And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                        sigpic
                        Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Indeed, it's a good idea, but they would need to recalibrate the gate every time they moved.

Odyssey? Wasn't that destroyed like the Prometheus?
                          SIGN THE PETITION: http://www.savesgu.tv/petitions/mult...-sgu-petition/
                          LIKE THE FACEBOOK PAGE: http://www.facebook.com/SaveSGU
                          READ THE PLAN: http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/8...aving-Stargate
                          Spread the word! Save the gate!

Comment

Originally posted by SavetheGate View Post
                            Indeed, it's a good idea, but they would need to recalibrate the gate every time they moved.

Odyssey? Wasn't that destroyed like the Prometheus?
                            nope!
                            Enjoying Stargate's Technobabble since 1997

If you like the Gateworld podcast be sure to listen the The 5th Race Podcast for a fan's view of the Stargate Franchise! and join the forums while you at it![/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                              302s are already gate capable. Their wings detach for transport.

And It's a good idea.
                              302s not 304s. 302s go through the gate as a whole ship, 304s would just recieve supplies / reinforcements.
                              SIGN THE PETITION: http://www.savesgu.tv/petitions/mult...-sgu-petition/
                              LIKE THE FACEBOOK PAGE: http://www.facebook.com/SaveSGU
                              READ THE PLAN: http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/8...aving-Stargate
                              Spread the word! Save the gate!

Comment

The 302s are dis assembeld and shiped throu the gate.
                                And abydos was destroyd Oma only created an ilussion of abydos.
                                sigpic

My fan-fic, swedish outpost

Comment

Working...
                                X