No announcement yet.

Superhive vs Ori Battlecruiser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the weapon energy feeds the shield time for ramming speed. The Ori shields can stop a Ha'tak but this'll be a whole new kind of challenge.

Comment

well, for this i would say...4-8 ships (the right number being somewhere in the middle) after all the ori ships seem to be manouverable (we never see them stand still in a fight, as we see the 304's do very often which i wrong on so many levels) to destroy it.
      Of course the orii would loose a few of their ships, but if the stayed above the hive (have we ever see them fire at ships above them? - i guess not, so i guess that that is a "blind" spot) the losses could be minimized.

greetings, LAX

Comment

Originally posted by Laxian of Earth View Post
        well, for this i would say...4-8 ships (the right number being somewhere in the middle) after all the ori ships seem to be manouverable (we never see them stand still in a fight, as we see the 304's do very often which i wrong on so many levels) to destroy it.
        Of course the orii would loose a few of their ships, but if the stayed above the hive (have we ever see them fire at ships above them? - i guess not, so i guess that that is a "blind" spot) the losses could be minimized.

greetings, LAX
        I agree. One-on-one, there's no way an Ori Mothership could take out a Super Hive, a minimum of 4, as many as 8 would be needed.

ZPM'd Asgard 304 >>> Ori Mothership
        Asgard 304 > Ori Mothership
        ZPM'd Super Hive >>> Asgard 304
        sigpic
        "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
        ~David Hewlett

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
          I agree. One-on-one, there's no way an Ori Mothership could take out a Super Hive, a minimum of 4, as many as 8 would be needed.

ZPM'd Asgard 304 >>> Ori Mothership
          Asgard 304 > Ori Mothership
          ZPM'd Super Hive >>> Asgard 304
          so far Asgard 304 < Ori Mothership. The only ship ever to win is Odyssey which did have a ZPM.
          La vie est une tragédie - Tout le monde meurt à la fin.
          L'Histoire est une comédie - Les gentils gagnent toujours à la fin.

Comment

which is a shame. i wanted to see other ships win.

but seeing how easily the Oddy won, id say a 304 can pull off the same

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
              which is a shame. i wanted to see other ships win.

but seeing how easily the Oddy won, id say a 304 can pull off the same
              Agreed.
              sigpic
              "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
              ~David Hewlett

Comment

Odyssey - ZPM, Asgard Core, Cloak (and who knows what other tinkering Daniel/Merlin did).

In Unending Odyessy is more than match against 1 toilet ship but not 2!
                In Ark of Truth Odyssey took considerable punishment from 4 toilet ships but the shields did not fail (Probably because the upgrades were not fully realized in unending).

But thats the odyssey. In Camelot Regular 304 dropped shields to 50% from just 1 shot from the toilet ship. In Enemy at the Gate Daedalus got hit buy 10+ (I counted 12 -14 sounds). The ship survived. But then again the Super-Hive hadn't finished its ZPM upgrades.

IMHO:

1 Ori toilet ship would make Swiss cheese out of multiple regular Hives.

But,

Against the Super-Hive, I think shield would start fluctuating and I doubt there would be any chance for toilet ship. Especially considering new hull can take incredible amounts of punishment. I think only one shot from the superhive needs to get through the shield and blow away the toilet ship.

So its the Super-Hive hands down. I doubt even the odyssey would have much of a chance against the super-hive unless they manage to strike with multiple Mk.IX naquadria warheads (each having yield of close to 1 Tera-Ton TNT).

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
                  If the weapon energy feeds the shield time for ramming speed. The Ori shields can stop a Ha'tak but this'll be a whole new kind of challenge.
                  The Ori mothership's shields could take it as they didn't seem to buckle under the stresses of that Ha'Tak hitting them, the Hive may have some insanely strong hull armor, but the worst I think would happen is the Hive would nudge and movie the Ori ship.

I still think one on one the Ori vessel would win, the Wraith still don't seem to have anything that could damage it's shields IMO and regular weapons, even massively powerful ones are still not gonna break through, unless that extra power provides the localized shield damaging effect that appears to be needed to penetrate Ori shields, which I don't think they do.
                  I also think that both of the Ori ship's weapons and even just the main one can penetrate the Hive's armor.

Comment

Originally posted by Rise Of The Phoenix View Post
                    The Ori mothership's shields could take it as they didn't seem to buckle under the stresses of that Ha'Tak hitting them, the Hive may have some insanely strong hull armor, but the worst I think would happen is the Hive would nudge and movie the Ori ship.

I still think one on one the Ori vessel would win, the Wraith still don't seem to have anything that could damage it's shields IMO and regular weapons, even massively powerful ones are still not gonna break through, unless that extra power provides the localized shield damaging effect that appears to be needed to penetrate Ori shields, which I don't think they do.
                    I also think that both of the Ori ship's weapons and even just the main one can penetrate the Hive's armor.
                    If you let the Ori have that feed off energy special shield though then it's only fair to give the Wraith some kind of special thing to. I nominate the device they found on that planet that makes people go crazy via telepathy. Hook that sucker into the ZPM and point its crazy field at the super Ori ship, no reason to think the shields would stop it.

Then time how long it takes them to all kill each other.

Comment

I bet a oneill class asgard ship would fair better then the ori or 304. Even if the oneill doesn't have beam weapons the "bolt" weapons it does have is designed with overwhelming raw power (to work against energy resistant repli-ships)
                      If it had both beams and that a couple of ships should be able to take out a super hive, after all they are alot more maneuverable then a 304 or super slow ori ships.
                      In the end i think the super hive is way overly powered by script makers. An organic hive that has 1 zpm magically turns into the most powerful ship known in the stargate universe....hard to believe.
                      Well i was bored and decided to make a borg vs stargate sig, so enjoy...btw the explosions and ships look weird i know, its hard to make them blend
                      Anime signature in spoiler tag
                      Spoiler:
                      Here is an anime sig, i was bored so i randomly picked a maid pic and photoshoped it

Comment

shepard fired a missile through a dart bay door and flew in

an ori ship would hit the same place and an ori beam is way more forceful than an earth designed missile so the beam would just cut through the side into the dart bay and wreck havoc since the superhive cant grow a dart bay

it all depends where the ori ship hits it, if it hits the top theres a chance it will punture it or cause minimal damage it it hits the sides there will be secondary explosions, if it hits the tip of the hive it will for sure break off and stream through the ship it it does to a hatak ship

if the beam beam hits the tunnels of the superhive weapons which they come out of then they lose some its weaspons
                        if it hits the back where the sublight engine seem to appear then they wont go nowhere fast and shoot from there

plus the secondary weapons on a ori ship do a fair bit of damage they could just target where the weapons are shooting from and take out darts
                        sigpic

Comment

good damned: who said the oddy did retain the ZPM? (would be a waste, would it? maybe they had it on the mission to the asgard to be there faster (more power for the FTL-drive) but after that, they would most likely either have it given to atlantis, or more likely:

have it power the Chair (as the overload of a mark II is a little unstable as we see in the episode...but well, they could just have five of them power it....still they would never leave it on the ship)

greetings LAX
                          ps: if someone brings it up, please have a quote of the writers that states the ship still has it, thanks (i am very interested in that, am i? ^^)

Comment

it's been up in other threads. there is/was one in antarctica, one in the sgc, and one on the oddy, and then one in atlantis, pre EATG. don't have any quotes, but im sure someone else will.
                            sigpic

Spoiler:
                            Originally posted by IMDB
                            Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
                            Hehe

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
                              If you let the Ori have that feed off energy special shield though then it's only fair to give the Wraith some kind of special thing to. I nominate the device they found on that planet that makes people go crazy via telepathy. Hook that sucker into the ZPM and point its crazy field at the super Ori ship, no reason to think the shields would stop it.

Then time how long it takes them to all kill each other.
                              It's been a while since I saw that episode with the Wraith's 'Crazy Weapon', was it said that it had an effect on the Wraith?
                              Can you recall why the Wraith never put it into use on their fleet during the War with the Ancients?

As far as I'm aware the only thing that can effect a Prior's mind is the thing that prevents them from using their powers and ascended knowledge was needed to make it work which the Wraith don't have so I don't think the 'Crazy Weapon' would work on them.
                              The Doci had a personal shield in Ark Of Truth and I think the Priors do too so even if their crews go crazy they could still pilot the ship and blow the hell out of that Hive without getting killed by the regular Humans.

Originally posted by tjoflojt View Post
                              it's been up in other threads. there is/was one in antarctica, one in the sgc, and one on the oddy, and then one in atlantis, pre EATG. don't have any quotes, but im sure someone else will.
                              Thor does say to Carter in Unending that the power source in the core won't infringe on the Odyssey's ZPM and it was never stated that it was removed after that.

Comment

Originally posted by Rise Of The Phoenix View Post
                                It's been a while since I saw that episode with the Wraith's 'Crazy Weapon', was it said that it had an effect on the Wraith?
                                Can you recall why the Wraith never put it into use on their fleet during the War with the Ancients?
                                From what I remember I think it was the abandoned prototype of some project aimed at total mind control over their human herds. It's not clear why it was left there, if it was the only machine of its kind, or if the wraith ever carried on the research. It was built post ancient war most probably though, since they didn't really have food issues till later. I don't think it worked on wraith either as the idea was to use it to control humans to be fed on more easily.

As far as I'm aware the only thing that can effect a Prior's mind is the thing that prevents them from using their powers and ascended knowledge was needed to make it work which the Wraith don't have so I don't think the 'Crazy Weapon' would work on them.
                                The Doci had a personal shield in Ark Of Truth and I think the Priors do too so even if their crews go crazy they could still pilot the ship and blow the hell out of that Hive without getting killed by the regular Humans.
                                What if one of the crew jumps/throws a table into the warpcore or somehow vents the ship to space.

There's no telling what kind of trouble a whole crew of crazies might get up to. The beautiful thing about the Wraith device is that it didn't just make people into harmless goo goo giggles crazies, it made them into vividly hallucinating, paranoid and violent crazies.

I have my doubts that the prior would be immune to it to given how easy and fast they figured out how to shut off their powers with that similar type of device. I don't remember any ascended knowledge going into building those disc things myself but I could be wrong. All it did was emit some sort of waves that interfered with part of the prior's brain. If those waves can interfere with his brain chances are the crazy waves will to.

That'd be fun to watch.

Comment

Working...
                                X