Forerunners vs. Ancients

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Giantevilhead View Post
    Puddle Jumper shields can deflect drones. In part 2 of "The Return," the team's puddle jumper got hit by a drone and it bounced off the shields.
    The jury's still out on that one. Many people claim the drone went through the shield and then swerved out as the jumper pulled away.
    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
      Even presuming they do, that ships took half a dozen MAC rounds... half a dozen, one ton projectiles acelerated to super/hypersonic speed.

Those drones are gonna ping off the hull like bullets off a tank.
      Actully they're 600 ton projectiles.

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
      Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Originally posted by jonos101 View Post
        Actully they're 600 ton projectiles.
        When?

Comment

When?
          What do you mean?

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
          Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

OH CRAP!!!

Comment

What do you mean?
            Since when do frigates fire 600 ton projectiles?

Comment

Since when do frigates fire 600 ton projectiles?
              Since always, it says so in either Fall of Reach or Contact Harvest. Can't remember which.

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:

I like the yellow ones.

OH CRAP!!!

Comment

Since always, it says so in either Fall of Reach or Contact Harvest. Can't remember which.
                Probably FoR, those were cruisers... or super MACs. And that particularr book is litered with technological discreptancies, like a fusion proopeled being able to get from a system's limit to a pplanet in a few hours... it takes light longer to do that. And the mentioning of that 600 ton slug being acelerated to relativistic speed by a puny fusion powered starship.

Comment

Probably FoR, those were cruisers... or super MACs. And that particularr book is litered with technological discreptancies, like a fusion proopeled being able to get from a system's limit to a pplanet in a few hours... it takes light longer to do that. And the mentioning of that 600 ton slug being acelerated to relativistic speed by a puny fusion powered starship.
                  Now I think about it, I think it's in FoR when a Frigate, the Commonwealth, is engaging a Covenent ship at Chi Ceti. So it was a Frigate.

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:

I like the yellow ones.

OH CRAP!!!

Comment

I think the Ancients would beat the Forerunners. They were much more resourceful than the Forerunners. The Forerunners were able to build the halos but the Ancients have much more weapons technology than the Forerunners. They have faster ships and would be able to quickly exit hyperspace, fire drones and reenter hyperspace before the Forerunner ships would have a chance to respond.

I think it would be a bigger competition if the Forerunners had to face the Ancients enemies, and the Ancients had to face the Forerunners enemies.

The Forerunners were not able to defeat the Flood. The Ancients would have been able to defeat the Flood if they were in the same position. The Forerunners used sentinals to fight the Flood, these were very ineffective due to the fact that they could easily be destroyed by large numbers of Flood. The Ancients however had mini drones which the Flood would not be able to destroy and which would have easily been mass produced by the Ancients. The mini drones would destroy the Flood, infected Ancients would be mutated and would no longer possess the ATA gene, uninfected Ancients would be ignored by mini drones while Flood would be ripped to shreds. Plus the Ancients would have ended up creating nanites which due to the fact the Flood possess no technology to counter the nanites would have ended the Flood (although the nanites would probably evolve the same way the Asurans did).

Forerunners would probably not be able to defeat the Wraith either. The materials used to build the Halos could be converted into hive ships. The Wraith would probably take over the halos very easily. The Forerunners would not stand a chance against the Replicators. The amount of material in the halo rings would provide the Replicators with tons of technology and material to defeat the Forerunners. The Replicators would be able to defeat the Forerunners faster than the Flood did. The Flood had no way to upgrade the technology on the Forerunner ships, the Replicators would multiply much faster than the Flood did, they would be resistant to the firing of the halos.

The point is the Ancients would fare much better in the Halo universe than the Forerunners would in the Stargate universe.
                    Last edited by StargateBuilder; 11 January 2009, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by StargateBuilder View Post
                      I think the Ancients would beat the Forerunners. They were much more resourceful than the Forerunners. The Forerunners were able to build the halos but the Ancients have much more weapons technology than the Forerunners. They have faster ships and would be able to quickly exit hyperspace, fire drones and reenter hyperspace before the Forerunner ships would have a chance to respond.

I think it would be a bigger competition if the Forerunners had to face the Ancients enemies, and the Ancients had to face the Forerunners enemies.

The Forerunners were not able to defeat the Flood. The Ancients would have been able to defeat the Flood if they were in the same position. The Forerunners used sentinals to fight the Flood, these were very ineffective due to the fact that they could easily be destroyed by large numbers of Flood. The Ancients however had mini drones which the Flood would not be able to destroy and which would have easily been mass produced by the Ancients. The mini drones would destroy the Flood, infected Ancients would be mutated and would no longer possess the ATA gene, uninfected Ancients would be ignored by mini drones while Flood would be ripped to shreds. Plus the Ancients would have ended up creating nanites which due to the fact the Flood possess no technology to counter the nanites would have ended the Flood (although the nanites would probably evolve the same way the Asurans did).

Forerunners would probably not be able to defeat the Wraith either. The materials used to build the Halos could be converted into hive ships. The Wraith would probably take over the halos very easily. The Forerunners would not stand a chance against the Replicators. The amount of material in the halo rings would provide the Replicators with tons of technology and material to defeat the Forerunners. The Replicators would be able to defeat the Forerunners faster than the Flood did. The Flood had no way to upgrade the technology on the Forerunner ships, the Replicators would multiply much faster than the Flood did, they would be resistant to the firing of the halos.

The point is the Ancients would fare much better in the Halo universe than the Forerunners would in the Stargate universe.
                      hence my many posts that the ancients would beat up on the forerunners, the forerunners would retreat to an/the ark, then halo everything to death.
                      sigpic
                      385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Originally posted by StargateBuilder View Post
                        The Ancients however had mini drones which the Flood would not be able to destroy and which would have easily been mass produced by the Ancients.
                        We have only seen the mini drones being devloped, not in actual combat so we dont know if the Ancients used them agains the wraith.

Also the Forerunners were able to mass produce trillions of sentinals, (ghosts of Onyx) that could of firepower would pose a serious threat to any fleet.

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

Based on what I know I believe that the Forerunners would win. Both the Forerunners and the Ancients have very similar technology so the main reason I believe the Forerunners would win is because of tactics. When the Ancients fought the war with the Wraith they were first very arrogant and underestimated their enemy. When they Wraith finally became a real threat they still would not go to the levels to win the war that the Forerunners did. The Forerunners destroyed first destroyed planets that the Flood had infected an eventually started destroying entire star systems to destroy the flood a feat that the Ancients were capable of doing but would not. The closest thing that they had to that was Project Arcturus which could have won the war with the Wraith but did not commit to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead View Post
                            Ancient ships are a lot faster and it is possible that they can make ship mounted versions of the Dakara device. They did say that the Replicator disruptors were very similar to the Dakara weapon and the Asgard were able to make large versions of those quite easily.
                            how so are they faster? A Forerunner Dreadnought went from Delta Halo to Earth in a matter of minutes, and as shown by the crystal found on Reach, they have been experimenting with the unique properties of Slipspace, and how they can bend it and twist it so to speak. Also, The Dreadnought isn't even a "war" ship, it's a key ship used to activate the Portal under New Mombasa. So who knows what kind of weapons the Forerunners had in terms of Warships, they would barley even have to fight what with their AI's and Sentinels, but in the end The Precursors own all

KEEP IT CLEAN
                            Alternate BAMSR:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNCunG0llLk
                            Halo Alpha Centauri trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb5po1zQE1k

Comment

I'd say the forerunners and the ancients are on even footing as far as weapons tech, forerunners have plasma beams like the asgard which they equip to sentinels and the ancients have drones, but in terms of power generations the ancients cannot even come close to the forerunners, it takes 3 zpms to power atlantis while high charity which is the size of a small moon can operate on a fraction of the forerunner ships engines, and the forerunner ship's hull takes several MAC hits which would have the strength of a nuclear bomb and doesn't even slow down, something even wraith hulls cannot do. So imagine a giant daedalus powered by at least 50 zpm's with plasma beam weapons and a hull that can take half a dozen MAC shots which are nuclear level in power and you'll have some idea of a what a forerunner ship can do and the forerunners had thousands of ships at the height of their empire, the forerunners would steamroll the ancients.

Comment

Originally posted by RubberJesus View Post
                                I'd say the forerunners and the ancients are on even footing as far as weapons tech, forerunners have plasma beams like the asgard which they equip to sentinels and the ancients have drones, but in terms of power generations the ancients cannot even come close to the forerunners, it takes 3 zpms to power atlantis while high charity which is the size of a small moon can operate on a fraction of the forerunner ships engines, and the forerunner ship's hull takes several MAC hits which would have the strength of a nuclear bomb and doesn't even slow down, something even wraith hulls cannot do. So imagine a giant daedalus powered by at least 50 zpm's with plasma beam weapons and a hull that can take half a dozen MAC shots which are nuclear level in power and you'll have some idea of a what a forerunner ship can do and the forerunners had thousands of ships at the height of their empire, the forerunners would steamroll the ancients.
                                If I remember right, the dreadnaught is only powering basic things like the lights on high charity. They don't use it to power the entire ship.
                                sigpic
                                385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Working...
                                X