No announcement yet.

cityships?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, the Ancients were starting to concentrate on putting all available ZPM's on their warships towards the end of the war. So they may have started to take them from other planets.
    sigpic

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/brettsuddreth

Comment

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
      The ancients didn't breed with every human on the planet - just a select few.
      still, if it's passed down from male people (i think genes can work that way), you would get more people with it for every child a man with the gene has, but the female wouldn't pass it on... that way it can both spread and decrease depending on how many men and women are born.
      sigpic

Spoiler:
      Originally posted by IMDB
      Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
      Hehe

Comment

One thing i would have loved to find out, is why the wraith never obliderated the tower city ship...

Comment

Originally posted by tjoflojt View Post
          How come the ancients went through all that trubble to protect and hide atlantis, but let the cityship from "the tower" decay completley, if those were the only two? and it does seem kinda unlikey that we have been exploring the galaxy for 5 years and only have been able to find these two ships if there were more... and shouldn't there be some left i MW? atlantis is suposed to be the greatest technological achevement of the ancients, so if there are two, there should be more.
          we have only sen 2 or 3 aurora class ships and we know that there were lots of those, maybe they were lost/hidden/dystroyed
          MSG Me If You Can Answer This:
          I have a 720p tv, and i have plugged my xbox into it and it gives me the option choose between 480p, 720p, 1080p, and 1080i display settings. I'm not really sure which one to choose on it, I know not to use the 480 setting, and obviously my tv only plays 720, but what if i set it to 1080? would the quality degrade? i cant rly notice a difference when i set it higher but maybe one who is more knowledgeable could tell me what im missing?

Comment

still, a city ship can protect itself from a fleet of hives for weeks when fully powerd. add one or two auroras, and it can destroy the hives in minutes. it's not easy to destroy a cityship. but it's possible, though there should be some record of them in the database...
            sigpic

Spoiler:
            Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
            Hehe

Comment

thats true actually...we should have a list of hidden zpms, zpm manufacturing plants, hidden aurouras and city ships....plot hole
              MSG Me If You Can Answer This:
              I have a 720p tv, and i have plugged my xbox into it and it gives me the option choose between 480p, 720p, 1080p, and 1080i display settings. I'm not really sure which one to choose on it, I know not to use the 480 setting, and obviously my tv only plays 720, but what if i set it to 1080? would the quality degrade? i cant rly notice a difference when i set it higher but maybe one who is more knowledgeable could tell me what im missing?

Comment

it's growing...
                sigpic

Spoiler:
                Hehe

Comment

they could be on the database, just hidden.

sigpic

Comment

still, after 5 years of searching it, it would make sense to have found it by now...
                    sigpic

Spoiler:
                    Hehe

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin1701 View Post
                      they could be on the database, just hidden.
                      Or maybe the database is so large that they haven't been through it all yet.
                      It doesn't have to be hidden.

Comment

in one of the episodes where the destruction of atlantis was iminent (there are so manny... ), they stated they could fit about 7 or 8% of the ancient database on their harddrives. it can't be that big.
                        sigpic

Spoiler:
                        Hehe

Comment

We know the Ancients landed Atlantis in an ocean so it's possible that a cityship would be set down in a planets ocean if there wasn't a landing outpost already in place. SG teams don't seem to take a boat with them so the chances of them finding a city on the water is close to 0. It would take a ship flying to each planet and scanning them for cities...and that would take a while.
                          "At least my heroes exist. If this was a Trek convention, you’d be all dressed up like a Klingon."

Comment

the jumpers are probably used quite frequently. and if there were a cityship on a planet, chances are the gate is in it. it doensn't seem very likley that the SGA team would miss something as important as a cityship...
                            sigpic

Spoiler:
                            Hehe

Comment

Originally posted by tjoflojt View Post
                              in one of the episodes where the destruction of atlantis was iminent (there are so manny... ), they stated they could fit about 7 or 8% of the ancient database on their harddrives. it can't be that big.
                              I believe that was the Siege part one, but I think that was pretty much every ounce of storage space they had (encrypted), which could have been hundreds of terabytes (or bits which ever is the biggest), so the whole database could have been twelve and a half times what the expedition could have taken with them.
                              That wasn't what they had studied, or even managed to translate and I doubt they've checked the equivalent of that 7 or 8% after five years of working on it.
                              The Ancients were in the Pegasus galaxy for 5 to 10 million years and Atlantis was with them for all of that time (at least there's no mention of any time they didn't inhabit it while in that galaxy) and there's no telling how long Atlantis was on Earth before leaving to go to PG.
                              Atlantis probably had teams of Ancient people adding their research notes into the database over the years so I think that's a lot of data to look at.

I think a gig of storage can hold thousands of pages of data, so just imagine trying to read, let alone understand that much data and then multiply it by a thousand and you're probably still not anywhere near to understanding just how much info is in Atlantis's database.

Comment

The Ancients probaly are still there with some of there ships in a far far distant galaxy. Why didnt the ori build a city ship?? since they are so advanced there bassically bad ancients
                                [URL="http://www.cybernations.net/default.asp?Referrer=MightyMech"]

Comment

Working...
                                X