Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by McSwift View Post
    That would kick a lot of butts.

I almost remember playing "Star Trek: Armada", there were these klingon ships that can launch drop ships that infiltrate another ship.

Remember Apophis? He was able to create bypass technologies (I remember the X301's missiles had capability to bypass shields).

Why not create RAID (Royal Airforce Infiltration Dropships) ships where ships can bypass shields and raid another ship with Special Ops Teams

I'm still convinced that Earth has the best army versus any army we faced:
    --> Ori loses horribly when dealing with infantry tactics
    --> Wraith. Hahaha *junk*
    --> Jaffa, poor Jaffas
    --> Lucian Alliance, too small to deal with
    So true. It was only in space, or when there was a prior (or that Goddess of hot....err, I mean orici) present that they kicked arse. AoT,
    Spoiler:
    when they take on god knows how many Ori on the ground, and its just SG1! Plot shileds not included, could u image a company of US Marines, a pltoon of Commandos or a squad of SAS?? They wouldn't have a hope in hell!
    sigpic
    385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Legosim View Post
      sounds like an Aircraft Carrier
      I always imagined a british 304 being more of an aircraft carrier that the american 304's.

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

(Spoilers EATG)

I found it odd that we didn't hear of a UK ship in EATG...

Also, for the Chinese ship- I highly doubt that we sold them the ship just because they can pay for it. It's not like we sell nukes to the highest bidder...

The chair reasoning seems like the most probable case...
        sigpic
        Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

No one said the ship was given to them. Part of the agreement is the sharing of technology which is how Russia convinced China to Agree to the sgc's terms in the disclosure episode, it is possible therefore that they built it themselves. Now the IOA is in control it is possible that they control the mines used off-world to get the resources to build the ships and have diverted some to china at their request. Possibly.

Comment

Originally posted by fallenexile452 View Post
            No one said the ship was given to them. Part of the agreement is the sharing of technology which is how Russia convinced China to Agree to the sgc's terms in the disclosure episode, it is possible therefore that they built it themselves. Now the IOA is in control it is possible that they control the mines used off-world to get the resources to build the ships and have diverted some to china at their request. Possibly.
            Perhaps China did build the Sun Tsu themselves (or whatever nation it belongs to).
            If the US starts giving out the knowledge of how to build space craft like the 304s, then we could start to see some variation in ship design.
            I wonder would China have anywhere they could build something the size of a 304 in secret from the general population and be able to launch the thing once it's finished, without it being discovered?

Still it would make a lot more sense for the US to teach the other IOA member nations about the technology they've managed to build than just making a new ship every year and then selling the odd one on to the next country on the list.

Comment

Everyone is assuming the Sun Tsu is Chinese.

Could just be a USAF ship with that name, or possibly with a Chinese Captain.

But it still might be a Chinese ship, since it was crippled by the Super Hive and had to transport their crew to the Apollo. And that would make any other country getting a ship, a quick end to the ship. (Korelov and Sun Tsu)
              Visit my Website

Comment

Although, so far all the ships have greek names (Gnl Hammond don't count). Sun Tzu was a famous chinese general, after all
                sigpic
                385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

If China did giuld the Sun Zu then it is likly that it is less effieciant and less powerful then the US 304s. The Uk would most likly have quallity nearly as good as the USA but would probably be outfitted with more censores and ballistic weapons ( as in real life the USA is investing nearly four times as much money in directed energy weapons then ballistic weapons like missiles) The Russians would probably have better shields and be slightly more defensive.
                  sigpic
                  Alt Reality Stargate Fanfic Click and coment
                  STARGATE RESURRECTION

Comment

Originally posted by General_Finley View Post
                    If China did giuld the Sun Zu then it is likly that it is less effieciant and less powerful then the US 304s. The Uk would most likly have quallity nearly as good as the USA but would probably be outfitted with more censores and ballistic weapons ( as in real life the USA is investing nearly four times as much money in directed energy weapons then ballistic weapons like missiles) The Russians would probably have better shields and be slightly more defensive.

Anyone else play Command and Conquer Generals?

I would expect the Chinese is able to mass produce ships. They definitely have the people, and their military is fairly large. I think they are able to produce their own ships for sure
                    Subspace Energy Technology Thread
                    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...68#post8685268

Comment

Working...
                    X