Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would the moon be affected by a "Phased cloaked" Earth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In other words, phasing cloaks do whatever is needed of them by the plot.

This "intelligent" connection with normal space-time you speak of would make them detectable, and probably susceptible to weaponry.

Comment

Originally posted by Orii View Post
      In other words, phasing cloaks do whatever is needed of them by the plot.

This "intelligent" connection with normal space-time you speak of would make them detectable, and probably susceptible to weaponry.
      Absolutely on all counts!

I'm just trying to come up with an in-universe justification, something close to logical, but yes, you're right - more than anything else in Stargate, phase tech is ruled by plot.

However, I think it is also a valid answer for the original post - the moon wouldn't be adversely affected by a phase cloaked Earth because the effect of the Earth's mass is still detectable through it's interaction with space-time, even if the mass itself is isolated and untouchable by other matter or energy.
      And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
      sigpic
      Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Working...
      X