cloaking(sp) 302's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i totally agree with that argument.
    Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign.

Spoiler:

Comment

A cloak able 302 could work IMO, but I'd rather see a new stealth fighter, perhaps using AG instead of wings for planetary based aerial flight.
      I agree with those that have said about small shield generator working as both cloak and shield.
      Energy weapons would be cool to see too and some small shielded projectiles, if that's possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Rise Of The Phoenix View Post
        A cloak able 302 could work IMO, but I'd rather see a new stealth fighter, perhaps using AG instead of wings for planetary based aerial flight.
        I agree with those that have said about small shield generator working as both cloak and shield.
        Energy weapons would be cool to see too and some small shielded projectiles, if that's possible.
        a 302 with either a cloak or shield could work and by the way wat do u mean by using AG?

small shield working as both shield and cloak in my mind woudnt work without using a ZPM.

energy weapons would be good as long as they were some sort of small plasma cannon.
        Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign.

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Excalibar View Post
          a 302 with either a cloak or shield could work and by the way wat do u mean by using AG?

small shield working as both shield and cloak in my mind woudnt work without using a ZPM.

energy weapons would be good as long as they were some sort of small plasma cannon.
          Sorry it was my abbreviation for Anti-Gravity.

Adapting a shield to a cloak doesn't necessarily require a ZPM as Puddle Jumpers don't have them.
          I think it's even been said that cloaking requires less energy than a shield although I'm not sure where it was said, plus the 302s are small when compared to a 304.

Small plasma cannons would be cool on Earth fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by The F-304 View Post
            aren't those a little big?
            no - goauld hand device can project a shield (no one ever said how strong, as we never saw one fail - except against small, slow objects, which can be taken out of the equation by upgrading it)

so a shield (and an extra cloak as to switch between the two - or power them seperately to have them both) should not be a problem (a mark II should be able to power one smothly - as an overloaded on can power the ancient chair!)

greetings LAX

Comment

a shield generator and a cloak cant operate in the same fighter.
              err...a puddle jumper can switch between a shield and a cloak.

Why does everybody see ZPMs as the grail? Fitting a ZPM to a fighter would be complete stupidity!!!! The suggestions from people have jumped this thread from asking if a 302 should have a cloak to redesigning the 302 or building a new one.

A 302 has wings so we recognise it as a human built fighter. It should have aspects that make it feel like it may not win, we dont want an uber fighter.

sigpic

Comment

could the wings not retract like on a F-18 ? then it could fit through the gate

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin1701 View Post
                  err...a puddle jumper can switch between a shield and a cloak.

Why does everybody see ZPMs as the grail? Fitting a ZPM to a fighter would be complete stupidity!!!! The suggestions from people have jumped this thread from asking if a 302 should have a cloak to redesigning the 302 or building a new one.

A 302 has wings so we recognise it as a human built fighter. It should have aspects that make it feel like it may not win, we dont want an uber fighter.
                  the only way we would make "uber fighters" would be if we found a way to build ZMP's
                  but i still doubt it would happen.

Comment

Originally posted by The F-304 View Post
                    the only way we would make "uber fighters" would be if we found a way to build ZMP's
                    but i still doubt it would happen.
                    We don’t want "uber fighters", the 304's have become too “uber” in comparison with the Tauri's rivals and they don't have zpms! (Except odyssey)

sigpic

Comment

have not

why does everybody think they are OP? (against the wraith: maybe! against the ori they weren't!)

and why not become more powerful? would you let over 10 years of SG missions (bringing in new technology), plus asgard core and ancient database go to waste?

i guess not, you would use it, utilize it the best you can (more then it is now).

you would send your teams from one old ancient base to the next, to accquire new things even more:

you would send a ship to the locations SG-Teams have been to before but have been unable to accquire new things (because the goauld stepped in, as was the case with the tolans or the teams morals (sometimes i hate them playing saint) stood in the way as it was with the Eurondans (the one with the computer interface controlling the fighters from distance))
                      and even more again, you would use what the teams brought back better (for example try to recreate the kull-warrior armor - in parts - for SG-Teams)

greetings LAX
                      ps: don't try to tell me you prefer a P90 and standard cammo clothes to an armor that can take almost anything (kull-armor)

Comment

I agree that a shield generator would be much more practical than a cloak. a human made stealth craft meant to do recon on enemy territory,personnel and ordinance, or sneak in sabatoge teams behind enemy lines might be well served with a cloaking device, but 302's are built with combat in mind, so a shielding system would be more appropriate

Comment

You could just use asgard cloaks they are really small and convenient.
                          Well i was bored and decided to make a borg vs stargate sig, so enjoy...btw the explosions and ships look weird i know, its hard to make them blend
                          Anime signature in spoiler tag
                          Spoiler:
                          Here is an anime sig, i was bored so i randomly picked a maid pic and photoshoped it

Comment

Working...
                          X