Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Odyssey secret mission!? (Spoilers for Enemy at the Gate)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hawkmajor View Post
    so that would mean that the SGU base would either have been built very quickly or top secrect that the SGC wouldnt know about it
    Why? Why wouldn't the SGC know about it?

Originally posted by thecomposer02 View Post
    Maybe it had something to do with the furling, the ninth chevron (because Stargate Universe is in another reality so I don't it anything to do with our reality) (I also take no reference from that show cause i do not like and I do not agree with many directions they took the technology, it was ridiculous, so nothing in Stargate Universe actually happened in my mind, i personally don't care what happens to any one in that reality), something with a new trust formation on earth, the trust was never totally eliminated, or maybe some kind of spies on earth having do with some group of people possible like Lucian Alliance. Those ideas would explain why its so top secret cause they do not want them finding out, and if you were into Stargate Universe you could say that also would explain why the Lucian Alliance knew where our base was that we were experimenting with the ninth chevron.
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but SGU is in our Universe, and it is considered Canon. Therefore, you either take it all, or take none as canon. And when I say none, I mean nothing.
    If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
    Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
    If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
    Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

so that would mean that the SGU base would either have been built very quickly or top secrect that the SGC wouldnt know about it
      no, it was built a while ago, the SGU first episode is set a week after EATG

Comment

Perhaps it was on a mission to locate the planet of all those 'green' women for shep.

Comment

This goes way back to the middle of the thread, but if you guys think Britain gets the next ship, i doubt it would get destroyed. America actually likes those guys, just not so fond of the russians or the chinese. But that's neither here nor there. I agree with the guys saying it was gone because it had to be, more dramatic

Comment

Originally posted by jcbass62290 View Post
            This goes way back to the middle of the thread, but if you guys think Britain gets the next ship, i doubt it would get destroyed. America actually likes those guys, just not so fond of the russians or the chinese. But that's neither here nor there. I agree with the guys saying it was gone because it had to be, more dramatic
            i'm surprised they gave China a ship before Britain..Russia basically muscled there wy towards getting 1, but you'd think Britain being a closer ally to the US, they'ed be next on the list to get 1...i wonder if China used the same tactic Russia did to get 1...

Comment

Originally posted by boyd22 View Post
              i'm surprised they gave China a ship before Britain..Russia basically muscled there wy towards getting 1, but you'd think Britain being a closer ally to the US, they'ed be next on the list to get 1...i wonder if China used the same tactic Russia did to get 1...
              Screw Britain, go Canada!
              If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
              Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
              If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
              Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

I said it in the other thread, i'll say it here.

I reckon the Odyssey's secret mission was directly responsible for the Icarus base attack. Odyssey pocked the lucian alliance with a big stick and they swarmed the Icarus base like a hive of angry wasps. (not WASPS

Comment

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
                  Screw Britain, go Canada!
                  i think Canada would probably be the last on the list...lol

does Canada even have a representative on the IOA?

Comment

yes, canada has a rep on the IOA...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin1701 View Post
                      yes, canada has a rep on the IOA...
                      When was that shown.

Comment

The only reason that I can think of to send Odyssey away from earth would be for a mission that it was specifically suited to. And I don't mean dangerous, cus lets face it, it is a powerful ship but if it blows up you loose a lot more than a ship you lose all the Asgard archive. (Granted they would have at least tried to copy it out, but still.) So I would expect it were sent to do something related to the Asgard. Maybe go contact the dark Asgard or something like that.

Comment

According to one of the characters in the first episode (IIRC) the planet Icarus Base is on was discovered "two years ago" and Icarus Base has been in operation for approximately six months (also a comment by a character in, I think, the first episode), so somewhere during that two years Icarus Base was constructed.

The SGC and politicians had to have known about it, since a U.S. Senator comes to visit in the first episode, and Jack O'Neill (of the Pentagon/Homeworld Security/SGC) is involved in recruiting Eli in the first episode. It couldn't have been built in top secret or Jack and other earth people couldn't know. The kind of money required to build a base like that simply couldn't have been accumulated in secret. The kind of money required to build that base probably made the 7 billion it cost to run the SGC look like pocket change.

Comment

Working...
                          X