Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

which alien tech could revive the economies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hows about the learning nanites in those kids from SG1's early seasons.. The Oberons i think... Where one kid does the learning (and real fast like), then shares them with others... No more drop outs.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
      Hows about the learning nanites in those kids from SG1's early seasons.. The Oberons i think... Where one kid does the learning (and real fast like), then shares them with others... No more drop outs.
      But the kid who shared them becomes brain dead.

I better use for nanites would be for medical purposes. As seen in This Mortal Coil the copy team could heal.
      supersoldier34sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by supersoldier34 View Post
        But the kid who shared them becomes brain dead.

I better use for nanites would be for medical purposes. As seen in This Mortal Coil the copy team could heal.
        But chances are that the drug companies will just use nanites to make bald people grow hair while simultaneously giving them an erection.

Comment

“Which alien tech could revive the economies?”

That’s an easy one…just put the world economy into a Goa’uld Sarcophagus silly. It’ll be plenty revived then.
          sigpic
          Spoiler:
          Me: “I just wanted to take the Staten Island Ferry…I wasn’t expecting the extraordinary rendition.”
          *Three DHS guys dressed in black pop out of nowhere. *
          DHS: “NOBODY EVER EXPECTS THE EXTRAORDINARY RENDITION!!!”
          DHS: “Our chief weapons are shock-n-awe, enhanced interrogation techniques, and the suspension of habeas corpus.”

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead View Post
            But chances are that the drug companies will just use nanites to make bald people grow hair while simultaneously giving them an erection.
            supersoldier34sigpic

Comment

Asgard Teleportation Technology.

1 - Cancels all need for any type of car, airplane, train, etc.. (ya, ya, economical hit to the transportation companies and big oil, but they have more than enough cash as it is.)
              2 - due to no transportation needs anymore, we then cancel out 70-80% of greenhouse gas emissions. (saving the planet)
              3 - creates new worldwide jobs, such as scientists, technicians, and basic keepers of the "teleportation hubs". as well as allowing anyone to work anywhere in the world. (think to episode 416, "2010", and how they had worldwide transporters -- http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/dis...lbum=91&pos=13 -- .)
              4 - Allows people to develope and assist 3rd world countries in becoming more stable and economically strong. (dont think just about us, think the world, thats what SG is all about)

economically it would hurt to begin with, but with the need of technicians, scientists and allowing anyone, to go anywhere to work, it would in the end be the best tech to choose to release.

As for the matter conversion tech, it would cause more problems in the end than anything, i believe it would end up destroying the world, think, someone gets mad, has access and creates components to a nuke or some other destructive tech (think Ark of truth, replicators). its so easy to use you dont even have to know exactly what you want, you just have to describe it.

- Hawk
              LANDRY: You’re just mad you didn’t get to fly the maiden voyage yourself.

: General, I am quite fond of both maidens and voyages. I mean, put the two together and ...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtHawk View Post
                Asgard Teleportation Technology.
                As for the matter conversion tech, it would cause more problems in the end than anything, i believe it would end up destroying the world, think, someone gets mad, has access and creates components to a nuke or some other destructive tech (think Ark of truth, replicators). its so easy to use you dont even have to know exactly what you want, you just have to describe it.

- Hawk
                You're absolutely right there, our global economics system is entirely built on resources and the technology to tranform waste matter into a useable resource could be very dangerous. If someone were to mass use the tech to create gold or oil it would destabalise the entire world economy. Its a very useful and incredibly important technology, but one we are simply not ready for.

Comment

Matter conversion tech AKA Transporters would render economies useless in both bad and good ways. It could be used badly with said example from the previous post but the good it could do can't be underestimated. If every country had this peice of tech in widespread use-say the SGC replicated some sort of replication terminal (Asgard beaming transporter with computer core containing only civilian items like food, water clothes etc etc etc) and kept on building them and handing them out by the millions-well a lot of problems could be solved. Trouble is how to do this without A, destablising world economies any further and B, Without creating hysteria over the number and distribution of said tech-fear of a lack of items leads to problems.

Comment

planetary transport grid. yea, where do we get the vast amount of power needed for that from? right, nuclear power and oil.

Comment

Naquadah generators would be essential to end dependence on fossil fuels. After that I don't know...i know jack all about economic's.
                      Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by YutheGreat View Post
                        From what I hear the depression was solve with the Japanese war.
                        Not with only the Japanese war but with the whole World War II.

Comment

There are good ideas in this thread, but this would take some time.

For example if you starts to use Asgard Teleportion Technology for shipment then there would be no need for contractors. Do you know how many people working as a contractor?
                          If you use matter conversation, you could easily close a lot of factories and a lot of people working in factories.
                          etc.
                          Sou you could not do this in a year. This would require the altering of the world society.

Comment

F 302 and BC 304 ship building.
                            supersoldier34sigpic

Comment

matter converter. We return to a gold standard. We reduce cost of manufacture, construction, even food production. cleaner environment. Anything that can be produced or created.
                              Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                              encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                              3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                              4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                              5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

actually a single 304 could solve the problem. just go to a near planet, beam off the Uranium/plutonium, fission it, then beam the waste to space, on a course to the sun.

no power problem anymore. besides, we could invest money into the building of a fullscale Fusion reactor. use the more advanced technologies from the 304[like its shields] to aid the building of such a reactor.

or we just get a single ZPM and we dont have powertroubles for the next million years. literally.

strange huh. how a single shield can use more power than our entire earth

Comment

Working...
                                X