Aterro Device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Prophet View Post
    Because many planets rely on trade for sustainability, without the Stargates many planets and civilisations without space-faring capabilities (practically all of them in Pegasus) would probably die out, or at least have their populations cut down due to lack of food and service.

Also, the Wraith wouldn't be destroyed, just momentarily neutralised. They'd probably hibernate again, waiting for any passing ships to arrive in any number of centuries time, awaken, steal the ship and carry on their feeding. It's delaying the problem, not solving it. With the Stargates active, the Wraith remain a threat, yes, but the Atlanteans still have a means of exploring new ways of fighting them through instantanious travel to worlds to form a sufficient plan of attack, or new technology, instead of being limited to one group of people being stuck to transport on the Apollo and/ or the Daedalus, taking hours to arive.

The Attero device is just slowing down the game, not solving anything.

Also, the Stargates will become inaccessable to the Atlanteans, making fans even angrier that they're not being used. xD

Any Wraith near a Planet too, would immediatly be forced to feed off the inhabitants, dooming them to being a sole source of food for an entire hive worth of Wraith for all eternity.
    Not if we used the Ancients reasoning, which was to pick the Hives off one by one. If we sent the Apollo and Daedalus (and Pheonix since it should be arriving any episode now?) off hunting, I think it wouldn't take long to start seeing results.

I can't say I'm for the extermination of the Wraith either, but then again they wouldn't spare us. They brought the Ancients to the brink of extinction in an unprovoked war, and I'd have to say that given the chance, I would blow them all to hell too lol.

Except Todd, he can live.

Then again, we lost that Wraith tracking thing didn't we? The Genii took it with them when they evacuated Atlantis right? So we might not have a way of tracking distant ships, only ones in proximity. And if that were the case, then the Attero device would be bad for sure.

Comment

Let the Wraith ships go into Hibernation then us with the travelers form hunting parties to destroy vessels.

We can also distribute supplies using our vessels.

Plus we can reactivate the gate at schedule times to allow short windows to allow trade.

It would only last matter of a couple years before the wraith are destroyed.

But before each hive is destroyed we offer them the chance to change their ways and to feed on non humans only.

Plus the wraith are not talking to each other at the moment far more hives would be destroyed than seven.

Comment

Working...
      X