Tweaking the asgard plasma beam weapons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Col.Ads View Post
    Ok we could use a technology like the clones in "the other side" to use fighter jets but here is a thought

Why not pilot the crafts using video game like technology, bascially a screen infront of you, with a specialy keyboard with all your controls so its bascially like playing an xbox game
    Yeh, that's what I was thinkin with my simulator. The only difference being in mine uv got a 3d rep of the actual environ, so u can see whats going on all around u, like in a fighter.
    sigpic
    385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Garrowan5th View Post
      Yeh, that's what I was thinkin with my simulator. The only difference being in mine uv got a 3d rep of the actual environ, so u can see whats going on all around u, like in a fighter.

Its a bright idea, im just hesitant about putting a pilot in a simulator which may have psychological effects

Comment

well there are 3 methods :

1: safe game chairs. which is totally different from the Other Side things
        2: projected screen with simulator. basic and crude system
        3: projection helmet with neural feedback.

Comment

Basically option 1 is the best by a mile but unless it can be proven to by safe to the user option 2 has to be used

not sure about option 3, are you thinking about a particular technology we have encountered?

Comment

yes. which is RL technology being developed right now, just adding a neural feedback. ala just rip it from the galaran device and use analysis programs to transform ones thoughts to data.

Comment

interesting, do you have any sort of links to this? be kool to find out more about that sort of technology in R/l

Comment

i read it in a magazine

Comment

I like the simulator idea.
                  Using some advanced computers, interfacing designed with all of the standard controls and subspace link technology then you could have a good system, with no risk of valuable good pilots dying in combat unless their base is destroyed.

Comment

well, if we add a second BC-304 reactor, then it should deliver the juice to sustain the shield longer

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                      well, if we add a second BC-304 reactor, then it should deliver the juice to sustain the shield longer
                      If we can fit it in.

What we could do is strip out a lot of the un-needed rooms etc...which take up space design the ship to run on a skeleton crew which can be eaisly accomodated and use the new space to add generators.
                      Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

I wonder how Rodney was able to improve the Daedalus's shields (Tao Of Rodney ) I don't recall it being mentioned that they added any extra power generators, it actually sounded fairly complex as Rodney said Hermiod may have needed his help with the calculations, so I gather that it either has something to do with tweaking the power generators, emitters or power transfer systems.

Comment

Originally posted by Rise Of The Phoenix View Post
                          I wonder how Rodney was able to improve the Daedalus's shields (Tao Of Rodney ) I don't recall it being mentioned that they added any extra power generators, it actually sounded fairly complex as Rodney said Hermiod may have needed his help with the calculations, so I gather that it either has something to do with tweaking the power generators, emitters or power transfer systems.
                          He possibly made an improvement to the shield generators like making them more power efficient or perhaps an improvement to the actual shield itself.
                          Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
                            He possibly made an improvement to the shield generators like making them more power efficient or perhaps an improvement to the actual shield itself.
                            Good points.

Comment

probably a structural modification to make the generator itself better, IE capable of handling more stresses, and better finetuning of the shield letting less energy leak through. and probably something to render a drone's penetrative power useless

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                                probably a structural modification to make the generator itself better, IE capable of handling more stresses, and better finetuning of the shield letting less energy leak through. and probably something to render a drone's penetrative power useless
                                All possibilities I guess.

Comment

Working...
                                X