No announcement yet.

Destiny Concept Art

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This does indicate that the Ancients were much much more advanced and complex as a society prior to Pegasus. This is how atlantis should look, our atlantis is just far to human, they have automated doors that are paper thing, wheras these are chunky and could actually hinder movement around a ship.
    The Bridge is really cool, with alot of unknowns, unlike the auroras and atlantis where is one console for x and another for Y and they are all the same. I love the interactive Dial, thats cool, reminds me of the Tardis for some reason. But thats a cool feature.

I so prefer the old school ancient technology to the Lantian stuff.
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by peragrin View Post
      If your going to go that far why not have the jedi and sith battle so much that everything in that galaxy is killed. They finally realize the true path settle down only to start fighting again, a million years later under new names alteran and origin?

Please tell me I just didn't start a fanfic idea?
      I think we did!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TheReturnOfTheLantian View Post
        why are you lot complaining, this is around 2-3million years old, things change. from then to now, IE atlantis layout.
        A lot older than that.

This would of been built around the Ori Alteran split. Possibly before they made it to the Milky way.

This is a fully automated ship from what I understand.
        Visit my Website

Comment

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post
          A lot older than that.

This would of been built around the Ori Alteran split. Possibly before they made it to the Milky way.

It was launched "at the height of their empire", which would be just before the Plague hit, around 10 mil years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by wkw427 View Post
            What is wrong? The set might look way diffirent from concept art...
            That's what I said.
            You never know they may add a few touch screen, the bridge pic is only for the shuttle and not Destiny's actual bridge.
            The concept art pics kinda look a bit Klingony to me seeing them again.

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post
            A lot older than that.

If Destiny looks this much different to the Ancient technology that we've been shown then it was probably built at the time the Ancients set up their first colony on Taonas, as Taonas was supposed to be the first place the Ancients settled on in the Milky Way after leaving their home in the Ori's home galaxy then Destiny could be 50 million years old, but it's never been stated on the show when they constructed the Taonas outpost.
            It would stand to reason that Destiny could be anywhere from 10 million years to 50 million years old as it was supposed to have been built before Atlantis.

Comment

I thought Dakara was the first landing place of the Alterans in the MW? Well, that's what Vala said in AoT, and neither Daniel nor big T corrected her. Taonas was an outpost for a city ship, like Atlantis, and that's far 'newer' than the original ship we saw the Alterans leave the Ori galaxy in. I think.
              sigpic
              More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                I thought Dakara was the first landing place of the Alterans in the MW? Well, that's what Vala said in AoT, and neither Daniel nor big T corrected her. Taonas was an outpost for a city ship, like Atlantis, and that's far 'newer' than the original ship we saw the Alterans leave the Ori galaxy in. I think.
                well in avalon, they said that the alterans came across a galaxy and then a planet in which they named avalon and built many astria-porta so maybe a book would be more truthful than vala

KEEP IT CLEAN
                Alternate BAMSR:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNCunG0llLk
                Halo Alpha Centauri trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb5po1zQE1k

Comment

It's a tidy travelers ship.
                  Interesting but unimpressive.

Comment

"launched by the Ancients at the height of their civilization"
                    Somehow i don't think it was. judging by the concept art anyway. Hopefully we'll all get a proper surprise when we actually see it.

Comment

Originally posted by unluckynumber11 View Post
                      well in avalon, they said that the alterans came across a galaxy and then a planet in which they named avalon and built many astria-porta so maybe a book would be more truthful than vala
                      I thought the galaxy was called avalon?

Comment

I too think that the book Daniel was reading from referred to the galaxy as being called Avalon by the Ancients.
                        Now I think about it Morgan may have said that Taonas was one of the first places that the Ancients settled on after coming to the Milky Way.
                        It's possible the Ancients traveled to a small handful of world when they came here, perhaps Earth, Taonas and Dakara.
                        Last edited by Rise Of The Phoenix; 27 October 2008, 07:31 PM.

Comment

They built it when they were in our Galaxy. Amelius hadn't built the gate in the Ori galaxy and when the Ancients left the Milky Way there were gates. It probably didn't happen at the moment when they came in our galaxy, because they had to built a ship to deploy gates first and a lot of time after this, the Destiny was built to follow this ship and see what happened on the planets with gates.

Comment

Can we agree that Earth, Dakara, and Tanoas were one of the first colonys of the ancients?

Just like the early settlements on North America, yes, there was one uber first one, but in the big scale, there were alot of ones at the beginning!

You can zoom in and say exactaly which date when American launched the first space shuttle, but then again you can zoom out and say in the 1950s, the first space shuttles were launched

Go Green

Comment

i always assumed that's why the earth symbol looks like an A, for avalon, ask that to the writers and they'll say: "yes, that's always been our plan" *runs and quickly makes revisions to script*

KEEP IT CLEAN
                              Alternate BAMSR:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNCunG0llLk
                              Halo Alpha Centauri trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb5po1zQE1k

Comment

Working...
                              X