No announcement yet.

Traveler Ships (Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm really at a loss as to how the Travlers came to be.

The Prometheus was put together using scavenged parts and technologies but it was far less chaotic than a Traveler vessel. These people have been living on these ships for generations, the fact that they don't all have radiation poisoning or rampant mutation is a miracle considering how... unsafe everything is. The fact they they are able to take out two Asgard ships [which apparently had some means of bypassing Ancient shielding] and survive their weapons says that the Travelers are quite advanced. On the other hand, the interior of their ships is just patchwork and string.

I'd hazard a guess that maybe they got their technology from the alien race in 'The Daedalus Variations'. They both have energy guns. Maybe the whole 'scavenged and reverse-engineered tech' is actually that unnamed race's?

Either way, I think their ships are far too powerful, especially considering that they're falling apart inside.
    sigpic
    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by Redhooks View Post
      There was never any on-screen mention about the Travelers scavenging tech from worlds culled by the Wraith. That part of their culture was only said by Joe Mallozzi and Paul Mullie in interviews before the start of season 4. Too bad one of the weak stand-alone episodes in the second half of season 4 wasn't replaced by an episode that dealt with the Travelers' backstory. It was an interesting concept to have at least one advanced race still surviving in the Pegasus galaxy that I think the writers' ignored and instead they were only used when a spaceship was required. I don't think now we will see anymore info on the Travelers' culture in the movie and may only see them if spaceships are required again.

I think that the Travelers originated on a planet that wasn't culled once during the early years of the Wraith hibernation/awake cycle of feeding. They were able to expand their technology in secret like the Genii and took to the stars to avoid the next culling.
      Originally posted by eps200 View Post
      Sadly this is true
      I re watched Travelers yesterday and saw that there was no actual mention that they scavenge their technology, I just recalled it being in the episode, I must have read it somewhere on GW and just connected the two in my head

Spoiler:
      I think that the Travelers are due to feature in Inquisition as one of the races connected to the Human alliance that's gonna fight back against the Wraith
      so it's possible that we may see more of their back story later this season.

It is possible that some Human civilization managed to develop hyperdrive technology before the Wraith's siege of the Pegasus galaxy began and the Travelers are one of the only ones that hasn't been wiped out by the Wraith and I also agree that it's entirely possible that the Travelers developed the tech and built their fleet after the Ancients left Pegasus.
      Unless it's addressed in some part of a later episode this season or in a future film we'll probably never know for sure

Comment

just becaues it looks good dosnt mean its advanced and just because it looks bad dosnt mean its primative.

And those ships the asgard where in where lantian there was a pad that fit it perfectly in janus facilaty

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

ok just to clear up:

travellers scavenged dead worlds. advanced worlds wiped out by wraith.

a stock ship would probably be very bad. all ships are different, but use the same technology base. their guns means they do reverse engineer, but use alien components to repair. if the travellers could settle down in safety, and given some time, all the components on their ships could be reverse engineered, and their technology uniform.
          new traveller ships would outdo old ones.

Comment

just becaues it looks good dosnt mean its advanced and just because it looks bad dosnt mean its primative.

And those ships the asgard where in where lantian there was a pad that fit it perfectly in janus facilaty
            Good point some races can have deceptively primitive looking tech and the exact opposite as well.

Regarding the Asgard thing, maybe their ships are based on an Ancient design as they do have a similar appearance to the Jumpers, so I think it's possible that this could look like an Ancient transport ship (mentioned in 'Before I Sleep').
            The planet didn't appear to have a stargate so in my opinion it makes sense that Jumpers may not have been used there.
            Wouldn't that explain it?
            Otherwise I see two possibilities, the Asgard made the platform or it was just made that way by the Ancients and it's a lucky coincidence that their ships fit perfectly on there.
            Last edited by Rise Of The Phoenix; 18 October 2008, 04:15 PM.

Comment

well these guys couldve been there for over a year. in that time, a platform can easily be constructed. these suits protect against poisonous stuff and radiation. so cold probably aswell.

Comment

Also it had lantian looks lantian energy wepons same type used in BAMSR by the asurans and in prodegy by the lantians.

Also it pased through the atlantis sheild only lantian ships can do that.

oh and if it was asgard they could have just beamed into the lab.

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
                  Oma Desala helped them.
                  Sounds as good as any other explanation...
                  sigpic
                  More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                    well these guys couldve been there for over a year. in that time, a platform can easily be constructed. these suits protect against poisonous stuff and radiation. so cold probably aswell.
                    That does make sense.

Also it had lantian looks lantian energy wepons same type used in BAMSR by the asurans and in prodegy by the lantians.

Also it pased through the atlantis sheild only lantian ships can do that.

oh and if it was asgard they could have just beamed into the lab.
                    I'm torn between saying the Lost Tribe made the platform or they made ships that fit on it perfectly (as well as being a bit of a copy of Ancient small ship designs).

I recall in the episode of SG1 where Heimdall shows the team the Asgard ancestor he said they couldn't just beam through an active shield.
                    I'm guessing they may not have the beam technology coz we never once saw them use it in either First Contact or The Lost Tribe.
                    I think these Asgard may be a few thousand years behind the ones we know so they may just not have that technology.

Comment

im thinking it was a lantian ship because it went through the sheild

Comment

im thinking it was a lantian ship because it went through the sheild
                        I don't think it could be a Lantian built ship coz all of their most sensitive technology (which includes ships) requires the ATA gene to activate Ancient tech and they used Rodney to Activate the Aterro Device (which was stated by Daniel to the guy in the suit), if they'd found a way around the genetic key they wouldn't have needed Rodney to activate the AD.
                        As I've said before their ships may be based on Lantian designs, also through studying the remaining Ancient technology in Pegasus (if they did that ) like shields they could have devised a way to get through it.

Comment

Working...
                        X