No announcement yet.

Traveler Ships (Spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The whole focus of their society is probably based on building and maintaining their ships. Think about it, if we just stopped 50% of our leisurely activities and used that time to focus on trying to find a way to colonize Mars and we do it for the next 10 generations, wouldn't we be a lot closer to accomplishing that goal than if had just kept on doing what we're doing now?

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead View Post
      The whole focus of their society is probably based on building and maintaining their ships. Think about it, if we just stopped 50% of our leisurely activities and used that time to focus on trying to find a way to colonize Mars and we do it for the next 10 generations, wouldn't we be a lot closer to accomplishing that goal than if had just kept on doing what we're doing now?
      Very true with the real world stuff
      In the Stargate universe I think the IOA needs to reveal the truth of the Stargate program to the world and put a lot of focus into studying the Asgard database.
      Can you imagine how advanced we would really be if even one percent of the worlds population studied the Asgard's knowledge I mean that is what they intended it for, to aid us in every area of our culture and not just for intergalactic military applications.
      In my opinion we could probably match their level in a few hundred years

Comment

Now, look at how our world will react. Some countries will go nuts because they don't believe in aliens, the religions will go nuts knowing their was an evolution started by the Alterans.

Do you reveal the startgate programs first or have the official first contact to our world, with one of our allies.
        Visit my Website

Comment

Originally posted by Rise Of The Phoenix View Post
          I think Larrin said that they scavenge tech from various worlds in the episode Travelers
          There was never any on-screen mention about the Travelers scavenging tech from worlds culled by the Wraith. That part of their culture was only said by Joe Mallozzi and Paul Mullie in interviews before the start of season 4. Too bad one of the weak stand-alone episodes in the second half of season 4 wasn't replaced by an episode that dealt with the Travelers' backstory. It was an interesting concept to have at least one advanced race still surviving in the Pegasus galaxy that I think the writers' ignored and instead they were only used when a spaceship was required. I don't think now we will see anymore info on the Travelers' culture in the movie and may only see them if spaceships are required again.

I think that the Travelers originated on a planet that wasn't culled once during the early years of the Wraith hibernation/awake cycle of feeding. They were able to expand their technology in secret like the Genii and took to the stars to avoid the next culling.
          Spoiler:
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jnadreth View Post
            With the Lost Tribe episode we have finally been given a good look at Traveler Generational Ships up close and personal, a few things stand out to me about them. There is an obvious technological level mismatch within the ship-They have advanced terminals on the bridge and wiring everywhere else (Much like Tau'ri ships). Weapons wise they have fairly powerful cannons and drone resistant shields (well against a few), now this really contradicts the level of tech on the rest of the ship. This is true for Tau'ri ships as well but we know how they got their stuff, what I'm saying is that I don't think that the Travelers developed the tech-I think they were given it somehow. How could u explain the Wraith missing a race, giving the race time to develop decent starship tech (Note even the Genii went backwards and they hid massive underground cities). In my opinion the Travelers gained this tech very quickly and I think I know where they got it from.
            Important questions u have to ask yourselves
            1. How did the Travelers develop starships under the Wraith's nose's?
            They didn't. They were already very advanced before the Wraith beat the Ancients and simply retreated space when they came under attack.

2. How did they manage to equip said ships with powerful defences that can resist Lantean weapons?
            Maybe they had access to Ancient technology.

3. How come some of their ship is quite advanced while other bits (Like the wiring and doors) are a lot more primitive?
            The wiring and doors as well as the hyperdrive would be the most heavily used and heavily requiring of repair and maintenance.

Everything is in disrepair and has been held together in a very utilitarian and eclectic way.

Comment

Oma Desala helped them.
              sigpic
              "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
              ~David Hewlett

Comment

Originally posted by Redhooks View Post
                There was never any on-screen mention about the Travelers scavenging tech from worlds culled by the Wraith. That part of their culture was only said by Joe Mallozzi and Paul Mullie in interviews before the start of season 4. Too bad one of the weak stand-alone episodes in the second half of season 4 wasn't replaced by an episode that dealt with the Travelers' backstory. It was an interesting concept to have at least one advanced race still surviving in the Pegasus galaxy that I think the writers' ignored and instead they were only used when a spaceship was required. I don't think now we will see anymore info on the Travelers' culture in the movie and may only see them if spaceships are required again.
                Sadly this is true

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

because putting the wires behind panels costs precious metals

Comment

If the Travelers were scavengers by nature would'nt their fleet be non-uniform in abilities eg different shields, weapons, stuff. We know Katana's ship was faster than normal but that could be down to her Engineer's (Mila's) skills or they found a few useful components somewhere. Zelenka did say that the engines on this specific ship were cobbled together but we do not know if that is how the rest of the Traveler ships engines look like. I wonder what the "Stock" version of the ship could do. I reckon that the stock ship has the usual Traveler weapons, shields and hyperdrive(Well mostly) and looked sorta like the NX-01 on the inside. I would like to know how long the Travelers had been in space for cuz that would give us a good timeframe for how long it took this group of humans to go interstellar (Pretty good for a PG race).

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                      because putting the wires behind panels costs precious metals
                      Same goes for everything els thats a luxuaey nice doors ect

Comment

At least they don't have the Tau'ri personal crusher doors-It malfunctions while Lucius Lavin is walking through mwahahahahahahahahahahahahaah

Comment

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post
                          Now, look at how our world will react. Some countries will go nuts because they don't believe in aliens, the religions will go nuts knowing their was an evolution started by the Alterans.

Do you reveal the startgate programs first or have the official first contact to our world, with one of our allies.
                          I think it all depends on how the governments were to approach telling the world.
                          As long as the reasons for keeping everything a secret are explained and everyone is assured as to how there's no immediate threat to the Earth then I don't think there will be a panicked world.
                          I know there's the potential for the Wraith to make it here but right now they're in the Pegasus galaxy, which I think would give the population some sense of security given that they're millions of light years away and the majority of them don't know the location of Earth.

Of course some people will fear the unknown and the change, but I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking we're not alone in the Universe and the possibility that Aliens could have the technology to get here.
                          Having the Asgard's knowledge and the ability to reproduce their technology could be a huge benefit to the general population and not just the SGC.

As far as the Religious cultures dealing with this knowledge I think they'd still find a way to have faith in their original beliefs even faced with the undeniable proof that life has evolved on other worlds.
                          It's been mentioned on another thread that (in the SG universe) the Ancients may have inadvertently been responsible for the various religions on Earth which would make sense, so faced with the knowledge that the Ancients created Humanity and ascended this could give religious people some concrete proof that god in some form exists and mean they don't just have to have blind faith, it proves that an afterlife exist in stargate.
                          That information would of course have to be portrayal to the population when the truth of the stargate and everything else was to be revealed.

When it comes down to revealing the truth I think the Stargate would be central to the story, coz the Ancients were responsible (in stargate) for our existence and they were the gate builders which is a pretty hefty technological achievement even for a society as old as the Ancients.

Comment

Originally posted by jnadreth View Post
                            If the Travelers were scavengers by nature would'nt their fleet be non-uniform in abilities eg different shields, weapons, stuff. We know Katana's ship was faster than normal but that could be down to her Engineer's (Mila's) skills or they found a few useful components somewhere. Zelenka did say that the engines on this specific ship were cobbled together but we do not know if that is how the rest of the Traveler ships engines look like. I wonder what the "Stock" version of the ship could do. I reckon that the stock ship has the usual Traveler weapons, shields and hyperdrive(Well mostly) and looked sorta like the NX-01 on the inside. I would like to know how long the Travelers had been in space for cuz that would give us a good timeframe for how long it took this group of humans to go interstellar (Pretty good for a PG race).
                            Well, the goauld were scavengers, and their tech was pretty much uniform. The thing is, they take other left over technologies, study them, and probably reverse engineer them or incorporate them into existing technology.
                            Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                            encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                            3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                            4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                            5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper View Post
                              Well, the goauld were scavengers, and their tech was pretty much uniform. The thing is, they take other left over technologies, study them, and probably reverse engineer them or incorporate them into existing technology.
                              The gould tech is uniform because they have resorces to make it look pretty gplate it in gold ect and i always thought zats where verry un go'uld

Comment

I was on about how the Traveler fleets abilitys are more or less the same when u compare 1 ship to another when I said uniform. Anyways where would the Travelers find more advanced tech??? they are 1 of a handful of races with interstellar travel minus the Ancients, Tau'ri, Bad Asgard, The Green guys who beat up Ronan and the Wraith. The Travelers mentioned trading partners as well when the Asurans annihilated them. Scavenging does'nt fit with the Travelers. I personally reckon that their ships are more or lesss the same as the day they left their home barring extra wires to keep things workingand a load more run down, not forgetting that these ships are ancient (As in old). Main point is what is there to scavange????? They bagged the most advanced peice of tech and lost it and as I have said there are very few races to obtain tech from as most are enemies or dead.

Comment

Working...
                                X