No announcement yet.

Handheld Stargate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought about this one before. I thought they could make a gate small enough to fit in a backpack or something similiar. Keep a modified iris in it so it can't be dialed in until you want to dial it, and use it for communication. Think; if you're off world, and theres a dozen Jaffa holding the gate, how do you call for backup? Dial the Mini-Gate and tell the SGC to dial in and send through some grenades! Use it for instant communication. Maybe even make one so small it fits in a radio. Subspace communications don't reach as far as wormholes do.

Comment

Originally posted by The6thRace View Post
      Do you think we'll one day see a portable Stargate that could fit in the pocket of an SG team member? The way I see it, the smaller the Stargate, the less power it should need to use. They could use it to transport additional ammunition or food or medical supplies, or to send written reports back to their superiors.
      Pretty dodgy. Walking along with the gate in your pocket.....gate activates.....minus a leg!

Comment

Reminds me of the ACME holes that cartoons would just pull out of boxes... lol. I don't know if you guys remember those.

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Comment

you would still have to power the destination gate.

while i think you could use a mini-gate to dial a supergate, you would still have to power the supergate through the mini-gate's power source.

look at it like this:
          mini-gate = 1 unit of power
          normal gate = 20 units of power
          super gate = 500 units of power.

normally for normal-normal you only need 40 units of power, but if you opened a mini to super wormhole, you would still need 501 units of power. would take a hell of a lot of power.

i would assume the ancients would design the tech of the gates to not allow something large to enter a supergate opened to a mini-gate. probably one of the "safety protocols" they are always talking about.

Comment

yes but by the same token mini to normal would only require 21 units of power instead of 40
            And the meek shall inherit the earth...............but only after the last soldier wills it to them

Comment

Working...
            X