Hyperspace Missiles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MOSHGUIN1113 View Post
    I think we should focus on the development of Hyperspace missiles instead of ships. Ships are crazy good but the use of Hyperspace missiles would eliminate wasting time building ships plus putting the ships and men into no-win situations.
    The missiles could be fitted with a limited 1 trip hyperdrive engine and could target enemy vessels in space or structures on ground. We know that it takes time to charge weapons and if the missile was taken out of hyperspace close to the target it could work. Ships would have to coordinate strikes unless the missiles were fitted with sensors though. What the warhead would be would obviously depend on the target. Also ships could sort of be hit whilst in hyperspace but thats problematic at the moment. Imagine if the Ancients had employed this kind of strategy to their war with the Wraith. They would have probs won no bother.

Your thoughts.....

really there arent any enemys we have at least in our galaxy that we would need a whole bunch of hyperspace missils for.after all the jaffa are our friends and eventually after we increase our fleet size they will be no match for us. plus i dont like the idea of hyperspace missils.
    STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

I've also brought up the idea of using hyperspace missles like ICBM's on a galactic scale. I would absolutely agree that they shouldn't be used all the time -- just like the conventional big bertha silos on earth they should be the "last resort" and more of a deterent then actually being used. But I think the SG universe should have them and it would make perfect sense.

I even designed a Russian SG universe ship to carry such devices:

Originally posted by turbo1889 View Post

Russian Stalingrad-Class

Ships:
      ~Stalingrad -- opperational and deployed
      ~Leningrad -- opperational and deployed
      ~Novosibirsk -- opperational, docked in port
      ~Yekaterinburg -- opperational and deployed
      ~Samara -- undergoing shake down cruise
      ~Omsk -- under construction
      ~Kazan -- under construction
      ~Chelyabinsk -- planned
      ~Rostov-on-Don -- planned
      ~Ufa -- planned
      ~Volgograd -- planned
      ~Perm -- planned

Type: Long Range Interstellar Ballistic Missile Ship
      Technology base: Russian/Goauld/Ancient
      User: Russian Navy -- Special Branch of Submarine Force
      Dimensions:
      ~Length: 350m
      ~Width: 167m
      ~Height: 44m
      ~Mass: 740,000 tonns
      Complement: 80 - 120 men
      Structure and Haul: Entirely of high strength submarine grade steel
      Powerplant: 4 x Russian built Heavy Naquada Reactors
      Engines:
      ~1 x Ion-based sublight drive -- 0.13c max sub-light velocity
      ~16 x Ion/Plasma-based stealth/manuvering thrusters -- 0.02C max sub-light
      ~Two hyperspace window generators
      ~Antigravity wave generator network
      Weapons:
      ~16 x medium range thermo-nuclear missles -- hyperspace capable, max range 200 light years
      ~6 x long range naquada enhanced nuclear missles -- hyperspace capable, max range 3,000 light years
      ~8 x forward missle tubes with total 64 sub-light missles
      ~1 x forward turrent double 50mm rail guns x 20,000 rounds each
      Defenses:
      ~Hybred Anubis Goauld shields
      ~Unique Russian Armor plating consisting of 74% artificial diamond granuals 13% steel, other alloy componets are classified.
      ~Goauld cloaking device
      Other Technology:
      ~Passive Full Electomagnetic Spectrum Radar and Listening Devices
      ~Long Range Sub-space sensors, Rip-off of U.S. reverse engineering from ancient sensors.
      ~Inertial Damping system which appears to be a much larger version of the system used on U.S. F-302's for which the Russians were given the blueprints
      ~15mm thick electomagnetic absorbent coating over entire haul on top of armor plating

Technical and Historical Notes:

Following the destruction of the Korolev, the Russian military issued a high level demand (top secret) for an entirely Russian built Space Warship Class to be built based upon extensive Russian experience with Ballistic Missle Submarines. The resulting vessel is built and manned exclusively by the Russian Navy.

Several unique Russian technologies including the ability to manufacture artificial diamond granuals in large quantities were taken advantage of. The resulting 0.4m thick armor plating is extremely resilient and as a result for the first time the American were put into the position of having to come to the Russians for technical knowledge and know-how; this has proven to be of exceptionly popularity with the Russian military. The armor has proven effective against all but the more powerful mother ship mounted energy weapons in tests conducted by the "Free Jaffa Nation" on behave of the Russian government for an undesclosed amount of weapons and ammunition supplies -- SGC teams have encountered an increasing number of "Free Jaffa" who are armed with Ak-47's and similar Russian manufactured weapons.
      The primary purpose, mission, and tactics of the ship are the same as a ballistic missle submarine upon which it is based -- as you will note it has a lot of stealth stuff -- cloak, passive sensors, electromagnetic absorbant coating, secondary low-power sublight thrusters for minimal heat signiture. The ship is not designed for direct confrintation -- it can defend itself if necessary (64 tube launched sub-light missles, armor, sheilds, and rail gun turrent) but it is designed to take up stratigic position in an uninhabited system or other stratigic parking location within strike range of enemy positions -- upon orders it will launch its main armerment of long range Hyper-space Capable nuclear missles on targets light-years away. Same tactics and attack style as planned in Cold War -- only this Time its Goauld, Ori, an Allucian Alliance that get their cities and bases nuked. It's a "Boomer".

Comment

I've also brought up the idea of using hyperspace missles like ICBM's on a galactic scale. I would absolutely agree that they shouldn't be used all the time -- just like the conventional big bertha silos on earth they should be the "last resort" and more of a deterent then actually being used. But I think the SG universe should have them and it would make perfect sense.

I even designed a Russian SG universe ship to carry such devices:
        whooh u have way too much time on ur hands

key members of parliament, key. The minds behind every military, diplomatic and covert operation in the galaxy and you put them in a room with a psychic.

sigpic

thanks to stef for making this banner

Comment

i rather have teh ships beacsue even when ur in hypersapce they could always drop out and avoid the missle
          sigpic

ATLANTIS RULES

Comment

Working...
          X