No announcement yet.

The teleportation device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My theory that any such technological planet would have a sub space jamming field to prevent anyone sending out a signal. Preventing the wraith worshippers from sending a tracking signal out.

Thing is that if they were so advance why did they not disable the track device themselves.

Which means a secret human trading post of some kind is most likely and that it inhabitants are fairly unsure on how to use most if not all of the technology and our friend who I would love to see again was lucky to of found a piece that works and easy to used.

My theory is that it some sought of space folding device, thats uses the user own vision to teleport to the next location, which means they can only teleport with in sight of the location they want to transport to.

But for Atlantis sake I hope who ever constructed the device are friends if not Shepperd and co are gonna get their asses kick, which will be wickedly cool.

But with all these exciting possibilities will never happen now they canceled the show.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
      Thing is that if they were so advance why did they not disable the track device themselves.
      To be fair, there's a chance he never told them about his situation and just got in and out as fast as he could. He knows people don't like to deal with runners so he might've wanted to hide it and based on his both personality and attitude, we've seen that he's not really one to offer up a lot of information willingly. Had the Wraith not shown up and attacked him and had Keller not been persistent in her questioning, he probably never would've even told her.

Also, he just said that he got it from one of the locals. That could mean that he stole it or it could mean one of the people helped him the best he could, but the others wanted nothing to do with him for some reason or another. For example, as you pointed out they could be less than friendly.
      Last edited by Xaeden; 22 September 2008, 06:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Xaeden View Post
        To be fair, there's a chance he never told them about his situation and just got in and out as fast as he could. He knows people don't like to deal with runners so he might've wanted to hide it and based on his both personality and attitude, we've seen that he's not really one to offer up a lot of information willingly. Had the Wraith not shown up and attacked him and had Keller not been persistent in her questioning, he probably never would've even told her.
        True but again such advance race would surly have sensors that would detect subspace transmitters, we do and we no where near capable of creating a portable transporters, especially in such a hostile galaxy, with race as powerful and resourceful as the wraith around I would expect them to of taken every precaution necessary.

But then again Stargate have never created a advance race that is not arrogance to some degree so I guest it should be no difference this time.

Well apart from the Hebridians.
        Last edited by knowles2; 24 September 2008, 01:08 AM. Reason: Spelling mistake

Comment

I had a theory about how this device worked based on seeing it in operation.

When he used it, it had that nightcrawler "bamf" effect, but it looked more like he was demolecularized than making a cloud of brimstone.

This made me think that the device bonded to his genetic code when worn and scanned his genetic makeup as well and anything attached to his body (clothes, weapons, people), then it stored that exact image in a small subspace buffer and when transported pulled his mind into it. He said it "allows me to wiggle around". Add this comment to the above and the fact that it seemed like Keller was shocked they moved instantaneously, that they were actually moving around at the atomic level. At this level they wouldn't really have a concept of time and any movement could be as fast as you wanted.

But to move like this would require lots of energy and obviously would require more energy depending on how far you wanted to travel. This is why he was able to battle 4 wraith as he was moving short distances, but long distance requires more energy and a longer recharge.

My theory on the recharge is that it pulls energy from subspace pockets much like a ZPM, but with a much much smaller window. For example, the transport would require 5 gallons of water, but the hole its trying to pull it from only lets 1 GPM through. If he makes 1 gallon tranports (say 8' radius) he can keep doing that, but whats the point since he can run just as fast, but longer jumps (8-300' radius) take a lot more and the device pulls harder on the water, but it just isn't getting it.

The device actually looks wraith with the whole bio-engineered side to it. If a show or movie was going to be about it, I would guess it would be a lost tribe of wraith that found a way to eliminate the human feeding and continued to evolve and follow the bio-engineering side of their past. The fact that it is yellow makes me thing it comes from a sunny, Tollan-like planet

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post

But then again Stargate have never created a advance race that is not arrogance to some degree so I guest it should be no difference this time.

Well apart from the Hyberians.
            Who?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Archaeis View Post
              Who?
              The Hebridians were the 'Space Race' culture that were a mix of Humans and Serrakins. The Serrakin liberated a group of Human slaves from the Goa'uld and built a society with them. We previous saw them in 'Forsaken' when Sg-1 encounter a crashed prison transport and the Human prisoners try to convince them that the Serrakin were trying to steal their ship.

Comment

Okay, he meant Hebridans. Never heard of Hyberians before though.
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X