Infantry Weapons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Coela Bellatore View Post
    Oh, I guess that was . Thats pretty benign in comparison to most of innuendos we throw around out here. Social conveniences are non existent where I am so I overstep sometimes, sorry. Honestly though, I guess I could say I disassembled her and oiled the moving parts but thats just as bad.

It's not like I'm posting this the S/J ship thread though, most people can't own a firearm until they are 18 so there can't be that many minors reading this.
    Uh, I was joking actually.
    If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
      Uh, I was joking actually.
      Thats good, I thought you were such a boor there for a second. I honestly can't tell when I'm saying something inappropriate because we got no decency filter out here. I nearly got banned early on for it so I'm being careful.
      sigpic
      In Islamofascist Afghanistan, pain experiences you!
      "The faster you finish the fight, the less shot you will get." ~ AFSOC MOUT Instructor

Comment

Thats good, I thought you were such a boor there for a second. I honestly can't tell when I'm saying something inappropriate because we got no decency filter out here. I nearly got banned early on for it so I'm being careful.
        Meh, know the feeling. I'm Scottish and w ehave no filter either. I'm one of the more polite sods and even i have to wacth what I'm saying....i almost got banned too......

One weapon that seems to have been left out this thread (and it's been going a while now. Why?)

The Barrett .50 sniper. Heavy. Cumbersome. Useless in CC.
        But God, what a bang! My poor ears! Like to see a wraith get hit by one of those.
        Hell, even a .50 machine gun would do a similar job!
        sigpic
        385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Garrowan5th View Post
          Meh, know the feeling. I'm Scottish and w ehave no filter either. I'm one of the more polite sods and even i have to wacth what I'm saying....i almost got banned too......

One weapon that seems to have been left out this thread (and it's been going a while now. Why?)

The Barrett .50 sniper. Heavy. Cumbersome. Useless in CC.
          But God, what a bang! My poor ears! Like to see a wraith get hit by one of those.
          Hell, even a .50 machine gun would do a similar job!
          The Barret is nice but we don't use it that much because it is so freaking heavy. M24's and SR-25s are much lighter and the 7.62x51mm NATO can still put a big hole in people. The Ma Deuce is a classic though, with one of those and Mk19 you can hold off nearly anything.
          sigpic
          In Islamofascist Afghanistan, pain experiences you!
          "The faster you finish the fight, the less shot you will get." ~ AFSOC MOUT Instructor

Comment

oooh Mark 19s....nice!

how about Barret's ARs? like the REC7 or something like that chambered in 6.8x43mm which is so better than the 5.56x45mm that we have XD
            but i would say Bushmaster ACR is looking nicer than that XD

anyone gonna watch Terminator Salvation?
            John Conner has an H&K 416, dont really know how that stacks to a T600 or whatever but those stand-alone M203s are looking nice XD
            plus he has a Mark 23 .45 which cant kill anything (in the movie) cuz he put a whole clip in a T600's face XD ouch?
            Last edited by Major V1125; 16 May 2009, 12:04 PM.

Comment

The Barret is nice but we don't use it that much because it is so freaking heavy. M24's and SR-25s are much lighter and the 7.62x51mm NATO can still put a big hole in people. The Ma Deuce is a classic though, with one of those and Mk19 you can hold off nearly anything.
              That barret 6.8 was on that superweapon show and it was waay cool. Ditto for the six pack attacks (what they used in Transformers).

Comment

Does anyone actually expect continuity from T4? Doubt it.

And guns never work in scifi. even the good scifi. Tough arse creatures are routinely nerfed to make the good old slug chucker useful. (see; Go'auld, wraith, Cyclon Centurion..........)
                Last edited by Stewart5; 19 May 2009, 01:00 AM.
                sigpic
                385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

yeah true that...they always have to use explosives or something to kill them XD

Comment

Originally posted by Major V1125 View Post
                    yeah true that...they always have to use explosives or something to kill them XD
                    Nerfity nerf nerf.

What about Phasers from star trek? think they'd hold up in SG?
                    sigpic
                    385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

since NX-01 phase cannons can blow up a large mountain in two shots, while it takes the ori main "wank" beams the same or more to blow up a large hill (dakara), i would say the MK X phasers of the Sovereign class would own everything and everyone in SGverse.
                      sigpic

Spoiler:
                      Originally posted by IMDB
                      Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
                      Hehe

Comment

Originally posted by tjoflojt View Post
                        since NX-01 phase cannons can blow up a large mountain in two shots, while it takes the ori main "wank" beams the same or more to blow up a large hill (dakara), i would say the MK X phasers of the Sovereign class would own everything and everyone in SGverse.
                        I concur. I believe that the Soverign would own. EVERYTHING!!!
                        sigpic
                        385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

but what about hand phasers and phaser rifles? this is an infantry thread, so.......
                          sigpic
                          385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

well, the Type-3 phaser compression rifle appears to be a pretty decent weapon, and the rest aren't that bad either. and to edit my post about the sovereign - it has type XII and not type X
                            sigpic

Spoiler:
                            Originally posted by IMDB
                            Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
                            Hehe

Comment

Hmmm, phaser rifles and side arms. Against most enemies they're good. Although some models look like you can't get a sold rifle grip. So alot of starfleet shoots from the hip. Not so good for accuracy. Plus those phasers are pretty pathetic against the borg. Like how energy weapons can't hurt the replicators. I remember in First Contact Picard dropped a few borg South Side style with a Tommy Gun.
                              "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
                                Hmmm, phaser rifles and side arms. Against most enemies they're good. Although some models look like you can't get a sold rifle grip. So alot of starfleet shoots from the hip. Not so good for accuracy. Plus those phasers are pretty pathetic against the borg. Like how energy weapons can't hurt the replicators. I remember in First Contact Picard dropped a few borg South Side style with a Tommy Gun.
                                True. Though after DS9 they decided that rectangular prisms with a phaser on the end and two handles did not make a good rifle, and then u got the cool voyager and 1stCt rifles that were SWEET!

Yeah, they should have just got picard to unlock the replicator safeties and then spawned a batch of MP5's and enough ammo to destroy most of western Europe and cleared the borg off the ship...
                                "Assimilate THIS!" *9mm burst*
                                sigpic
                                385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Working...
                                X