Infantry Weapons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Major V1125 View Post
    actually there is a 7.62x51mm version of the G36, its called the G3! LMAO! well the SAS uses the M16 series and G36 series, but i dont like the L85 series for some reason...it never caught on for me and it was just ugly and isnt as versatile compared to the M16/G36 series...
    G3 has nothing on the G36. The G3 is a moderate weapon, better suited to long range support now than anything else.
    As for the L85mk2, now that it can take the HK underslung GL, even the SAS are using it. ANd the RMC don't moan about it anymore! haha

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
    *whips an icepack at his crotch*
    Still hilarious

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
    Well, you've either just eaten an entire cocolate cake, or your on some high grade amphetamines, i'm intrigues, which one is it?
    Even better!!!

Originally posted by Hong3103 View Post
    Well if there's nothing special about it why would Green Berets, Delta, and Navy SEALS use it. It's probably not CRAP if these guys use it.

I'm not saying SGA or SGC should start replacing all of their weapons with them or that we should see these weapons more often.

My bad... I wasn't implying that everyone use what the U.S. uses. The SCAR can't be that crappy if U.S. Special Forces are adopting this weapon. I'm not disputing that the G36 is a pretty good weapons platform. Just pointing out other weapons.
    No offence, but the Green Berets aren't as hot as they used to be. Delta and Seals use it because of US subsiduaries, I believe.

Hey, don't worry about it! I'm just being bias. hahahah. Didn't say the SCAR was crappy. Just the G36 was better. As for FN, give me the FAL any day. Old, outdated and heavy, we were kicking arse in Burma and Malaysia with it when the M16 was getting hoosed in Vietnam

I somewhat agree with you on the XM8. It had the fewest stoppages in the weapons competition for the U.S. Army contract. I think it just came down arguments over money, politics, appropriations, etc. that killed the weapon.

SOCOM also hosted a competition between the XM8, HK 416, & the FN SCAR. The HK 416 & SCAR won in those competitions and were awarded contracts. FYI the SCAR's firing mechanism is similar to the G36.

As for the companies being American... FN is Dutch and HK is German. They have US subsidaries though.
    And, up until recently, I believe, HK were a part of Royal Ordinance. That would be the BRITISH weapons makers. SO why were we saddled with the crappy L85mk1 for sooo long???? hahahaha

But seriously, kull rapid-fire weapon every time!!!!!
    sigpic
    385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Garrowan5th View Post
      As for the L85mk2, now that it can take the HK underslung GL, even the SAS are using it.
      Poor sods. That thing is way overweight for its caliber.
      If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

No offence, but the Green Berets aren't as hot as they used to be. Delta and Seals use it because of US subsiduaries, I believe.
        Both HK & FN have U.S. subsidiaries. Green Berets not as hot...?

Hey, don't worry about it! I'm just being bias. hahahah. Didn't say the SCAR was crappy. Just the G36 was better. As for FN, give me the FAL any day. Old, outdated and heavy, we were kicking arse in Burma and Malaysia with it when the M16 was getting hoosed in Vietnam
        I know you didn't say it was crappy, it was another person....

And, up until recently, I believe, HK were a part of Royal Ordinance. That would be the BRITISH weapons makers. SO why were we saddled with the crappy L85mk1 for sooo long???? hahahaha
        I believe they held the controlling stock in HK until the German company bought it all back.

But seriously, kull rapid-fire weapon every time!!!!!
        Most definitely. You can clear rooms or small areas by poking your arm around the corner and just letting loose. Pretty good weapon for close to medium range.

Comment

If the IOA is going to continue to issue M4's... they should consider replacing them with the HK 416, or even the 417 (it's chambered for the 7.62).

HK416 (5.56)

HK417 (7.62)

Discuss!!!

Comment

well yeah...i guess the H&K 416 is a great weapon, its better and cheaper i guess, some soldiers are even using it overseas right now! and the weapon system is being used in some states as well in police departments. well idk about that but w/e the point is that the 416 is kinda like the Gali (Israel). like the Gali is chambered in those calibers, but the difference would be that the 416 is made up from the M16 series and Gali is made up from the AK47 series. but i would choose the 416 over the SCAR anytime XD. the 7.62 version is kinda heavy and recoil would be badd lol but by the looks of it then it would be simple to change the top receiver and it can be 5.56 or 7.62 so yeah...good stuff right there, not to also mention the attachments and stuff like the M26 and M230! YEAH!! XD

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
              Its not much heavier than the G36c, I believe. And having operated one, and having held and stripped M4s, I wouldn't say it was much inferior.....

Has a similar rate of fire, and now the mk2 doesn't fall apart when u look at it funny.
              As for the M4....i've met women less pedantic.

As for this thread, less real-life weapon debate!!! And I believe i mentioned pitched battles as well. More opinions of those, please!!!
              sigpic
              385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

indeed, its like a FAMAS thats like OVERWEIGHT! LMAO! well idk i guess they want it a bit heavy since those Brits are such great marksmen and such...??__??

XD

Comment

Its not much heavier than the G36c, I believe. And having operated one, and having held and stripped M4s, I wouldn't say it was much inferior.....
                  The L85 is half a kg heavier than G36, and a LOT heavier than the M4. It also has the usual bullpup issues.
                  If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

indeed, its like a FAMAS thats like OVERWEIGHT! LMAO! well idk i guess they want it a bit heavy since those Brits are such great marksmen and such...??__??

XD
                    That better not have been sarcastic. The British miltary is know around the world as the best trained. And how often do you here about Brits shooting each other on the battlefield????

The L85 is half a kg heavier than G36, and a LOT heavier than the M4. It also has the usual bullpup issues.
                    That's true. But the mk2 is still a more than adequate weapon, and this is comign from someone who HATES the L85 mk1, because it jammed, fell apart in bad conditions, looks stupid, has little stopping power and really, really sucked. But, like I said, the SAS use it in favour of the M4, which they used to use, so that's got to say something.
                    sigpic
                    385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Between the SGC/SGA military personnel, Wraith, and Jaffa, who would have better military tactics?

Comment

Between the SGC/SGA military personnel, Wraith, and Jaffa, who would have better military tactics?
                        Gotta be the SGC. Whilst run by Americans....(jk, jk) they still have a grasp of military tactics. Recon, fire lanes, fire support etc. The Jaffa seem to throw everything at u, en masse, even WITH air support helping. The wraith are trying to capture u, and apart from beaming people away, and advancing relentlessly down corridors, they havn't displayed much infantry tactical strength. Ship wise, they're tricksy, but troops wise, I think Earth has the win.
                        sigpic
                        385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Gotta be the SGC. Whilst run by Americans....(jk, jk) they still have a grasp of military tactics. Recon, fire lanes, fire support etc. The Jaffa seem to throw everything at u, en masse, even WITH air support helping. The wraith are trying to capture u, and apart from beaming people away, and advancing relentlessly down corridors, they havn't displayed much infantry tactical strength. Ship wise, they're tricksy, but troops wise, I think Earth has the win.
                          Wraith - They just swarm. I don't think they've developed too much in the way of infantry tactics. Like you said they try to capture and feed on us. Even some of the developed humans that fought back were eventually overwhelmed.

Jaffa - I'm sure they've developed some sort of tactics in the thousands of years they've been around killing each other in the name of their god. They're probably more akin to fighting in large formations/masses like in attrition type warfare.

Earth - As long as it's Maneuver Warfare we should be ok.

Comment

That better not have been sarcastic. The British miltary is know around the world as the best trained. And how often do you here about Brits shooting each other on the battlefield????

That's true. But the mk2 is still a more than adequate weapon, and this is comign from someone who HATES the L85 mk1, because it jammed, fell apart in bad conditions, looks stupid, has little stopping power and really, really sucked. But, like I said, the SAS use it in favour of the M4, which they used to use, so that's got to say something.
                            lol well duh! i kno they are one of the best but i just dont like the L85, and the M4 in my world will always rock! compared to the L85 and G36 will always be GODLY to me! lol the weight isnt an issue since you just need a front grip and an attachment sling onto your vest so its all good! XD

Comment

lol well duh! i kno they are one of the best but i just dont like the L85, and the M4 in my world will always rock! compared to the L85 and G36 will always be GODLY to me! lol the weight isnt an issue since you just need a front grip and an attachment sling onto your vest so its all good! XD
                              Well, it sure wasn't godly in Nam, man. Seriously, tho. We were back on thread and u come away with that....not cool...........
                              sigpic
                              385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

M4 still uses the gas operated system that the M16 uses. I hate cleaning that carbon fouling crap especially after a day at the range. Even as a SGT the armorer's didn't cut me any slack. It had to be spotless....

Back on topic... If we were to slug it out WWII style I think we'd have a chance against the Jaffa as long as we can neutralize their air support. A standard SG team can stand to toe with maybe a company size of Jaffa. Imagine if you had a battalion of human soldiers, Marines, etc... I think we'd be able to whoop it on.

As for the Wraith, neutralizing their air support is definitely key. Without it they would have to fight it out with us. They're hunters that use overwhelming numbers to make up for a lack of tactics. As long as we force them to fight our fight we should be good.

Comment

Working...
                                X