Infantry Weapons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hong3103 View Post
    Maybe it's the cost of CG that's keeping TPTB from going to energy based weapons....?
    Staff weapon blasts are used regularly, that's not too expensive, all that's required is to speed up the light balls and intensify their glow from dull yellow to white hot.

Comment

Originally posted by Garrowan5th View Post
      The G36 has got to be the best assault rifle of the last 20 years. The FN scar is a crap copy.

I think a 7.62 calibre version of the G36, with 'cop killer' ammo (the stuff that laughs at kevlar), with a shotgun attachment and a grenade launcher for every four riflemen.
      As for theory, a weapon like the Kulls, only staff/rifle mounted with accuaracy would be good.
      Some sort of Railrifle would be nice, but scaling rail weapons down will take a while.....
      YEAH! fo sho fo sho lovinf that G36! INDEED, the FN SCAR gots to GO!!! frealz! wait theres a 7.62 caliber of the G36?! is it 7.62x39 or 7.62x51??? i didnt hear about this...lol yeah XM26 is a good example of a lightwieght shotgun very very nice!!! =) and a railgun rifle like weapon would be like something from the HALO series! lmao like that guass gun or that sniper rifle JOHNSON used in Contact Harvest (read book) and KULL WARRIORS?! ah!!! they should be able to be killed with like .50 cals or 40mm gernades or even C4! it doesnt make sense why! cuz all that trama upon a body and no organic being with how much armor can take a barrage of .50 or 40mms geez!

Comment

How bout these....

Made by FN USA.

BOOO!!! FN SCAR gots to GO!!! its all about H&K XM8 and H&K 36!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Major V1125 View Post
          BOOO!!! FN SCAR gots to GO!!! its all about H&K XM8 and H&K 36!!!!!!!!
          Take a moment to cool your balls with an icepack before posting again.

Comment

So the SCAR doesn't get the nod in the looks department. But there's gotta be some merit to these weapons if US Special Forces are buying these weapons over the G36.

If anything I'm surprised the Shepard and any of the Atlantis teams are still using stock sights... but then again the script tells the bullets where to go.

Comment

why dont you chillax dude you know that SCAR is crap and alot of other people think so too, theres nothing about the SCAR that makes it really all that special...lol

so getting back tothe topic, i agree with your idea of newer weapons that should be tested but remember this a SCI-FI show and that writers only have the weapons that we actually have today as whole so...i would rule out the X-699 because its just to dang bulky to carry around the place, maybe if they had a joint effort to make a weapon with the JAFFA....actually no, because they dont know much about projectile weapons other than zats and staff weapons....lol well maybe its just to us because in the future we're gonna be sticking with ballistics and projectiles for a very, very long time, but maybe addding more BANG to out BUCK, looking at flettechete rounds and improved kinetics the bullet will always remain superior overall other weapons and until we meet another race like the replicators then we wold use energy weapons like the X-699 etc etc

UNDERSTOOD?

lol XD
              Last edited by Major V1125; 04 October 2008, 04:17 PM.

Comment

YEAH! fo sho fo sho lovinf that G36! INDEED, the FN SCAR gots to GO!!! frealz! wait theres a 7.62 caliber of the G36?! is it 7.62x39 or 7.62x51???
                No man, I'm saying there SHOULD be a 7.62. That would have all the stopping power of a 250 LB.

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                Take a moment to cool your balls with an icepack before posting again.
                Hahahahahahahahhaha. That's actually hilarious

So the SCAR doesn't get the nod in the looks department. But there's gotta be some merit to these weapons if US Special Forces are buying these weapons over the G36.

If anything I'm surprised the Shepard and any of the Atlantis teams are still using stock sights... but then again the script tells the bullets where to go.
                I'm sorry, but if we are judgign weapons by who buys them for use, whatever the SAS is using should be the choice for everyone. Oh, and they are using the L85 A2 (not the first one, it sucked) and the G36c. If its good enough for the SAS, its more than eneoug for everyone else.
                sigpic
                385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

actually there is a 7.62x51mm version of the G36, its called the G3! LMAO! well the SAS uses the M16 series and G36 series, but i dont like the L85 series for some reason...it never caught on for me and it was just ugly and isnt as versatile compared to the M16/G36 series...

and i wonder...why havent we really fielded the 6.8x43mm rounds yet? it seems like a good choice compared to the 5.56x45mm rounds...and not to also mention the increased range of this cartridge can be incorporated into any rifle that uses 5.56x45mm rounds. cuz you know that'll be just KICK A$$ HARD on those baddies lol XD whasupp whasupppp

Comment

lol XD whasupp whasupppp
                    *whips an icepack at his crotch*

Comment

*whips an icepack at his crotch*
                      LMAO your funny boy, whas with you and throwing ice at my crotch for? just cuz you cant get nothing else, but sorry dude i dont swing that way for guys so why dont YOU whip a ice pack for your pussy a$$ crotch lol

jk jk dude i dont want no beef on a friggin STARGATE FORUM! lol so dont be hating cuz theres no room for that stuff since we both share the love for STARGATE lol...

XD

Comment

LMAO your funny boy, whas with you and throwing ice at my crotch for? just cuz you cant get nothing else, but sorry dude i dont swing that way for guys so why dont YOU whip a ice pack for your pussy a$$ crotch lol

jk jk dude i dont want no beef on a friggin STARGATE FORUM! lol so dont be hating cuz theres no room for that stuff since we both share the love for STARGATE lol...

XD
                        Well, you've either just eaten an entire cocolate cake, or your on some high grade amphetamines, i'm intrigues, which one is it?

Comment

Well, you've either just eaten an entire chocolate cake, or your on some high grade amphetamines, i'm intrigues, which one is it?
                          umm try neither lol i dont need any amphetamines to discuss my opinions of forums ok tommy? the actual question here is why are you being such a sore ass? dude this is just a forum im discussing my ideals of what should be done or what we can debate on what would be great for the show we love, so dont be trippin tommy, just tie your LACES. XD

peace

Comment

why dont you chillax dude you know that SCAR is crap and alot of other people think so too, theres nothing about the SCAR that makes it really all that special...lol
                            lol XD
                            Well if there's nothing special about it why would Green Berets, Delta, and Navy SEALS use it. It's probably not CRAP if these guys use it.

I'm not saying SGA or SGC should start replacing all of their weapons with them or that we should see these weapons more often.

Originally posted by Garrowan5th View Post
                            No man, I'm saying there SHOULD be a 7.62. That would have all the stopping power of a 250 LB.

I'm sorry, but if we are judgign weapons by who buys them for use, whatever the SAS is using should be the choice for everyone. Oh, and they are using the L85 A2 (not the first one, it sucked) and the G36c. If its good enough for the SAS, its more than eneoug for everyone else.
                            My bad... I wasn't implying that everyone use what the U.S. uses. The SCAR can't be that crappy if U.S. Special Forces are adopting this weapon. I'm not disputing that the G36 is a pretty good weapons platform. Just pointing out other weapons.

Comment

well still i the facts are true, XM8 is still a better weapon platform than the SCAR, idk why they are using it but its written and tested fact that XM8 performs better than the SCAR, well idk maybe im wrong but w/e it just like the troops in VIETNAM were like, they liked the M14 better than the M16 but i guess they had a change of heart, maybe i'll have one too if the weapon really proves itself. and i know that the US would only accept weapons that are made in the US of A so it would only make sense if they officially adopt the FN SCAR or XM8 since they were joint-efforts of making a better service weapon...XD

Comment

well still i the facts are true, XM8 is still a better weapon platform than the SCAR, idk why they are using it but its written and tested fact that XM8 performs better than the SCAR, well idk maybe im wrong but w/e it just like the troops in VIETNAM were like, they liked the M14 better than the M16 but i guess they had a change of heart, maybe i'll have one too if the weapon really proves itself. and i know that the US would only accept weapons that are made in the US of A so it would only make sense if they officially adopt the FN SCAR or XM8 since they were joint-efforts of making a better service weapon...XD
                                I somewhat agree with you on the XM8. It had the fewest stoppages in the weapons competition for the U.S. Army contract. I think it just came down arguments over money, politics, appropriations, etc. that killed the weapon.

SOCOM also hosted a competition between the XM8, HK 416, & the FN SCAR. The HK 416 & SCAR won in those competitions and were awarded contracts. FYI the SCAR's firing mechanism is similar to the G36.

As for the companies being American... FN is Dutch and HK is German. They have US subsidaries though.

Comment

Working...
                                X