No announcement yet.

Infantry Weapons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First, to the guy that said the Aust SASR is a carbon copy of the 22nd SAS, that is not true, at least not in todays world. The SASR (Aust) is one of only a few SF units in the world that are capable of LRRP, and we are the best. The 22nd SAS are still the best in the CT role but in Desert and LRRP, the SASR is the best.

If the ARs were all in the 6.5 Grendel cartridge, It would be so much better, heavier round and more knock down power. Also, the Steyrs are a good weapon, accurate, light weight, easy to handle, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Hong3103 View Post
      Which one... the computer game or the tabletop one?

Are you talking about this (M32) grenade/shotgun weapon?
      Tabletop games. And yes, that one. It is sooo cool. America = 1pt for effort

Originally posted by Major V1125 View Post
      psh...this guy is either always judging me or hating on me for no SPECIFIC reason...dont hate geez its just a forum!!
      Dude, he's only jocking. Calm the beans

Originally posted by Finger13 View Post
      Haha, have you noticed how lately Ronan has been blasting the Wraith right in the top of their head? I noticed that in TLT, and saw it again in Outsiders. Hadn't seen this before.
      That's true. But look at spoils of war, I think it was, with Teyla taking over the wraith queens head? Then Sheppard has to shoot the wraith queen. Knowing that she can regenerate significant damage, he chooses to plug her in the abdoman, when he was five feet away and could make do with one shot to the cranium......

Originally posted by Quickoz View Post
      First, to the guy that said the Aust SASR is a carbon copy of the 22nd SAS, that is not true, at least not in todays world. The SASR (Aust) is one of only a few SF units in the world that are capable of LRRP, and we are the best. The 22nd SAS are still the best in the CT role but in Desert and LRRP, the SASR is the best.

If the ARs were all in the 6.5 Grendel cartridge, It would be so much better, heavier round and more knock down power. Also, the Steyrs are a good weapon, accurate, light weight, easy to handle, etc.
      Excuse me? Firstly, I never said the Oz SAS weren't good. They are damn. Better that anything the world has to offer. Save us.
      The 22nd are damn good at CT, but to say we can't do desert any more smacks of a lack of knowledge. The 22nd are constantly out in Iraq and Afghanistan. They OWN desert warfare. Hell, they created it. They are still the number ones in any field of Spec Ops. And considering I am a MARINE recruit, it is damn hard to admit those army/RAf muppets in the SAS are actually good.
      sigpic
      385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Quickoz View Post
        well i dont know dude....like the 6.5 Grendel is a great replacement for the 5.56mm because its weight, i would rather choose the 6.8 SPC for infantry and for DSM the 6.5 Grendel is a better choice, but hey its only my opinion so yeah...and i wouldnt always choose the AUG for every situation....i would take that for urban combat, but like i said before i would choose the G36K hands down XD if only they could be chambered in 6.8mm in that case i would use an M4 variant

XD

Comment

well i dont know dude....like the 6.5 Grendel is a great replacement for the 5.56mm because its weight, i would rather choose the 6.8 SPC for infantry and for DSM the 6.5 Grendel is a better choice, but hey its only my opinion so yeah...and i wouldnt always choose the AUG for every situation....i would take that for urban combat, but like i said before i would choose the G36K hands down XD if only they could be chambered in 6.8mm in that case i would use an M4 variant

XD
          I still maintain that 7.62 was the best rifle round. Large enough calibre to put the enemy down for good, yet not too big to carry plenty of ammo.

Sure, smaller ammo is fine if it lets u carry more of it. But when it takes more of that smaller ammo to take out an enemy, ur using just as fast......

What about the gun Ronon and the travellers use. Those are cool. Like, really cool
          sigpic
          385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

indeed....7.62x51mm is always a great rifle round to use, but its the capacity that is carried is the problem, so the 6.5 Grendel is to solve that gap and replacement of the 5.56mm with the 6.8 SPC is a great choice....lol yeah that energy pistol is a great weapon, but i wonder what they would use for enemies at range? but no worries i guess since they always meet them almost head on XD

Comment

Which is why the only reason the P-90 ever come sout on top. CQ combat is its strong point. it has a high rate of fire, yes,. But the mag capacity is too low for that sort of RoF. Its magazine is gravity loaded "oops, I just bumped it off a tree, now it won't fire....". It is useless at range and it is the s**t to maintain in the field. I believe I went over all those points. Now, Ronons gun is perfect if coupled with a long range weapon. Use the pistol in CQ and u can't fail.

imagine Random person - "Oh no, Sheppard, we're trapped in a room for like the 1000,000 time this episode." Sheppard - "its okay, everyone, pistols out.. Oh, look. No more wall. Lets go!"
              sigpic
              385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

indeed...the P90 is definitely a great weapon, its compactness and rate of fire makes a great CQC weapon and shouldnt be underestimated the only problem would be its lack of range, 200m but i guess thats reasonable since they usually meet an enemy at that range but i would rather use a carbine like the G36K since it has better penetration than that of a P90, the MP7 is more compact than the P90 and its compactness can be a good replacement for a soldier's sidearm (the M9) and using it would give the soldier a high rate a fire at all times, but the question of penetration is always questionable. but i would rather use a more reliable sidearm like Sheppard; a Colt .45 Para-Ordance Custom. the .45 is always a reliable pistol round that can put down a soft target instantly. anyways my choice for a sidearm would most likely be a Colt .45 Kimber Custom, Sig P220, SIG P228 (.357 Sig), or even a FN Five-seveN XD

Comment

HK417 (7.62)

yes please!

thats one thing that gets me about the series...

its always the puny p90, or its huge personal machine guns, never assault rifles.

it may be because with assault rifles typically dont have large clips so would require sg units carrying larger amounts of ammo mags. that may be why they use the p90, it would require less clip changes on-screen.

just a thought. but yea, i too think a good assault rifle would be better than using p90 for effectiveness and ammo choice

Comment

Taking this in a new direction, how does everyone feel about molecular edge bayonettes?

Comment

Originally posted by Murzin View Post
                      yes please!

its always the puny p90, or its huge personal machine guns, never assault rifles.

it may be because with assault rifles typically dont have large clips so would require sg units carrying larger amounts of ammo mags. that may be why they use the p90, it would require less clip changes on-screen.

just a thought. but yea, i too think a good assault rifle would be better than using p90 for effectiveness and ammo choice
                      They have been using the G36 more frequently. You'd think that the m-4's that they use would have some sort of optics systems. It's pretty much standard use for grunt out in Iraqistan.

Comment

what kind of gun did carter user in avenger 2.0?

that looks like a cool weapon but it does show, mag is too small

Comment

Originally posted by Garrowan5th View Post
                          I still maintain that 7.62 was the best rifle round. Large enough calibre to put the enemy down for good, yet not too big to carry plenty of ammo.

Sure, smaller ammo is fine if it lets u carry more of it. But when it takes more of that smaller ammo to take out an enemy, ur using just as fast......
                          Actually, the main reason behind the switch to smaller calibers is because they were more controllable in the full auto mode, thus increasing both hit probability and lethality (multiple hits with 5.56 are going to do more damage than a single hit with 7.62). Now that advanced weapon optics became standard and single shots are fired more often, scaling up to a higher caliber may be justified. But on the other hand, combat is becoming increasingly urban, meaning shorter engagement ranges, and full auto fire is still going to matter.
                          If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

indeed...the P90 is definitely a great weapon, its compactness and rate of fire makes a great CQC weapon and shouldnt be underestimated the only problem would be its lack of range, 200m but i guess thats reasonable since they usually meet an enemy at that range but i would rather use a carbine like the G36K since it has better penetration than that of a P90, the MP7 is more compact than the P90 and its compactness can be a good replacement for a soldier's sidearm (the M9) and using it would give the soldier a high rate a fire at all times, but the question of penetration is always questionable. but i would rather use a more reliable sidearm like Sheppard; a Colt .45 Para-Ordance Custom. the .45 is always a reliable pistol round that can put down a soft target instantly. anyways my choice for a sidearm would most likely be a Colt .45 Kimber Custom, Sig P220, SIG P228 (.357 Sig), or even a FN Five-seveN XD
                            I believe I was saying how great the P90 wasn't.........
                            G36C is the best option. Nicely compact, but still more range than the P90

yes please!

exactly the point av been making forever. The P90 is issued to the SG1 because it looks cool Actual practicallity isn't an issue. Thats why the marine SG teams use M4s, and base personnel use MP5 (best sub-machine gun ever!)

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                            Taking this in a new direction, how does everyone feel about molecular edge bayonettes?
                            They nwould rock!!! But can u imagine how many airmen would slice fingers off because they're stupid?

They have been using the G36 more frequently. You'd think that the m-4's that they use would have some sort of optics systems. It's pretty much standard use for grunt out in Iraqistan.
                            I believe its the MG36 (light machinegun version) that mitchell hefts about like an assault rifle. Can anyone say realism.....???

Originally posted by Womble View Post
                            Actually, the main reason behind the switch to smaller calibers is because they were more controllable in the full auto mode, thus increasing both hit probability and lethality (multiple hits with 5.56 are going to do more damage than a single hit with 7.62). Now that advanced weapon optics became standard and single shots are fired more often, scaling up to a higher caliber may be justified. But on the other hand, combat is becoming increasingly urban, meaning shorter engagement ranges, and full auto fire is still going to matter.
                            True, that was one of the reasons. Also, NATO wanted a more 'Human Rights friendly' bullet. Yes, that sounds strange, but they wanted a bullet that wouldn't explode ur inners, because that's cruel. Just like shotguns are illegal in war, for that very reason.

In a short range environment (room to room) 7.62 automatics have proven themselves time and again. In room clearance, an AK-47 is just as handy as the 74. Its when there is any range brought into the equation of auto fire that the control element takes effect.

But, as crazy tom says, molecular edged baynots. And then, of course, Fairburn-sykes (or Kabars if ur a Yankie marine). That would rock!!
                            sigpic
                            385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

indeed....G36Ks are probably better to be used than those M4s lol XD but i remember Captain Vega using an M4/M203 nearly shooting down a Wraith Dart! lol well i guess the G36K would be better since Cameron uses it in SG1 and its better than using a P90 plus the the compactness of the G36K is better than the M4 since it has a folding stock which makes it very compact plus with the forward grip would make it easier to handle the recoil at full auto XD nice huh??

Comment

what kind of gun did carter user in avenger 2.0?

that looks like a cool weapon but it does show, mag is too small
                                its called the "Carter Special" purely a prop by the show its a AR15/A4 custom with a Beta C-Mag 100 round clip or standard 30 round clip

http://www.imfdb.org/index.php?title=Main_Page

Comment

Working...
                                X