No announcement yet.

Projectile weapons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You mean a small nuke like this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Davy_Cr...nuclear_device)

I don't see anything wrong with the projectile weapons, though, a Zatniktiel could be mounted on front to give the weapon a huge advantage.
    When the time comes to utilize Earth's best weaponry against an ailen threat. The weapon that will ultimately prove to be Earth's best will be the Zatnikitel
    Zatnikitelman

Comment

Originally posted by Zatnikitelman View Post
      You mean a small nuke like this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Davy_Cr...nuclear_device)

I don't see anything wrong with the projectile weapons, though, a Zatniktiel could be mounted on front to give the weapon a huge advantage.
      I clicked on your link but it doesn't appear to go to any page describing a weapon like the one I was describing.

Comment

Originally posted by titan_hq View Post
        I disagree, projectile weapons have proven to be far more effective than energy weapons on the ground.

They could be improved, but as far as energy weapons go, unless we build a Phaser-like particle beam weapon we won't get much better than we have now.

IMO of course.
        I agree... the projectile are WAAYY better than energy.... More Accurate than any energy weapons i've seen so far..
        (~°.°)~.....~(°~)

Mayborne: I took your dog i hope you don't mind.
        Jack: Your eating my dog...
        Jack: You want a beer to wash it down?
        Mayborne: Already helped myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Rise Of The Phoenix View Post
          I clicked on your link but it doesn't appear to go to any page describing a weapon like the one I was describing.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khyZI3RK2lE

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M65_rec..._nuclear_rifle

Comment

Well we could make energy weapons off world, however projectile are better. More accurate, effective against Replicators, can shoot over larger distances than any personal energy weapon ever has. Also many of the races with effective ground troops use them. (Tau'ri, genii, some of Michael's hybrids, the Athosians (gained from Atlantis, they had their own advanced tech).

Comment

Cheers.
              Kinda what I was thinkin, only a bit more high tech and like the railgun only bigger.

The weapon in the video on youtube had a few problems but I don't think that these would really hamper it's use in space.
              It's range could be extended by using a magnetic accelerator.
              Not really sure about the weapons range of Wraith ships, it's gotta be something like a few miles so if you could double or even triple the M65's range this could be a really affective backup for when the Asgard beam weapons go offline.

Just something for the SGC and Area 51 to think about.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalAlteran View Post
                Also many of the races with effective ground troops use them. (Tau'ri, genii, some of Michael's hybrids, the Athosians (gained from Atlantis, they had their own advanced tech).
                Well only two of them using their own weapons: The Tau'ri and the Genii. The Athosians as you said got it from the Atlantis expedition and Micheal maybe got it from some source(maybe Genni too) and they are using energy weapons too.

I think we can stay at projectile weapons:
                1.It's cool
                2.Budget
                3.It's give a show a more "It takes place in our time" feeling.

Comment

[QUOTE=Womble;8933827]We have not yet seen any energy weapons which could rival the performance of Earth' projectile weapons in combat- with one exception (the sniper rifle from "Bounty"). They all had issues- whether accuracy (staff weapons, most likely Kull warrior weapons as well- I don't think a wrist-mounted weapon can have adequate accuracy, especially at range), rate of fire (all energy weapons except Kull warriors'), restricted performance (Wraith stunners, non-lethal only) or really poor ergonomics (the Hebridian weapons looked AWKWARD). Plus there's the price factor- you can probably arm a division of soldiers with assault rifles for the price of a handful of energy guns.
                  QUOTE]

The Sniper Blaster from the Bounty give up the position of the sniper. Because of the very visible bolts.

Comment

Originally posted by Infinatus View Post
                    A Kull warrior shot down a UAV in Death Knell. Those things seemed pretty accurate to me.
                    Kull have all sorts of sensors and equipment in their armour. A normal human with a wrist blaster would hit me, in Glasgow, when they were on atlantis

Originally posted by HunGripen View Post
                    I think we can stay at projectile weapons:
                    1.It's cool
                    2.Budget
                    3.It's give a show a more "It takes place in our time" feeling.

These points are all true. But 3. is the best. It does make it feel like it could be happening now. Plus, the line 'eat lead!' looses effect when your firing blue energy beams.
                    You can't argue with a good bullet in the end!
                    sigpic
                    385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Garrowan5th View Post
                      Plus, the line 'eat lead!' looses effect when your firing blue energy beams.
                      Eat Plasma....

Comment

Originally posted by Garrowan5th View Post
                        Kull have all sorts of sensors and equipment in their armour. A normal human with a wrist blaster would hit me, in Glasgow, when they were on atlantis

These points are all true. But 3. is the best. It does make it feel like it could be happening now. Plus, the line 'eat lead!' looses effect when your firing blue energy beams.
                        Originally posted by Hong3103 View Post
                        Eat Plasma....
                        Lol it does rather loose its effect. And Eat Plasma isnt so interesting
                        Eat Lead Works Way Better
                        (~°.°)~.....~(°~)

Mayborne: I took your dog i hope you don't mind.
                        Jack: Your eating my dog...
                        Jack: You want a beer to wash it down?
                        Mayborne: Already helped myself.

Comment

Originally posted by [[.DarkShadows.]] View Post
                          Lol it does rather loose its effect. And Eat Plasma isnt so interesting
                          Eat Lead Works Way Better
                          That's so true. And anyway, fluff wise, it is easier to produce and maintain projectile weapons than energy ones taken from alien races.
                          sigpic
                          385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Working...
                          X