No announcement yet.

Modeling Challenge Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To me it would make sense to have a range of crafts on any carrier, including bombers, shuttles, scouting, troops transport.

Comment

But remember, only technology we have seen already.
      Visit my Website

Comment

An update on progress, keeping in mind I was on a photo shoot last nite and went for a meal today. Glimpse into my life, when im not doing website work, i'm doing the challenge thread, and when i'm not doing either of those im getting shouted at by the misses that im not spending enough time with her! lol

Anyway...

sigpic

Comment

question.

"technology we have seen already"

does that mean we can apply it in any way, shape and form?

Comment

i thought about this to, so i went back through the pages. The usual rule is if something has been used in the show its allowed so for example, the towing beam used by the asgard or the transport tech could be used to move ships or assist in retrival. I assume the rule is to stop tech that nobody understands but the creator.

While looking at old posts boberth stated that its a fighter carrier so if you have a fighter you can add it.

sigpic

Comment

yes im going with the Hyperion/Europa (dont know yet) european Carrier.

quite unconventional seeing how fighters are normally used, it drops out a few lightyears from the target (for the deadalus, a second-few seconds earlier), launches hyperfighters, and makes them do the job. at the nose, there's an 80 meters high docking bay, for Alkesh and bigger ships.

after the battlefield (generally wraith/minor MW races) has been cleared or the enemy is much weakened, the carrier can either jump in and finish the job, or pick up the fighters and leave, calling in clean up troops.

its 1000m long right now, has 4 "hangars", all of them being "fly through" hangars, so they launch at the front, and land at the back. the fighter's gonna be called "Lancer" class, feature VTOL and STOL, and several types of fighter. in the event that they are needed on a planet, atmospheric Lancers are used, while when in space, spacial fighters are used. all differently equipped to maximize efficiency. annother popular use is for supply carrying as these behemoths can carry MUCH more stuff than a simple deadalus

Comment

sounds cool, show some model

www.darkarmada.nl
                www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

still working on it. currently tweaking the engine glow, then i'll do some general renders.

and its not exactly a classical stargate ship

Comment

so, you made me interrested

www.darkarmada.nl
                    www.runescape.com

Comment

Europa Class

Comment

i've done some work on the front of the ship now.

Spoiler:
                        Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin1701 View Post
                          Bird of prey to me relates to a Klingon and early Romulan vessels as well as the obvious avian connection. What do you mean by the term?
                          oops real late response, but what I mean is indeed a ship like those klingon and romulan things, but then for the sg universe, i just love the close resemblance to those birds (falcons ect), they sneek at you and open fire and thus take an enemy or prey out.

www.darkarmada.nl
                          www.runescape.com

Comment

do you think i should shrink it down by 0.50 to make it comply with rules? at the moment with it being about 2000 meters longer than it should. i did actually make it smaller, i didn't just shrink the picture.

Spoiler:
                            Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
                            sigpic

Comment

it looks silly now as its compressed. you shoudlve done complete shrink, not just lenght

Comment

Originally posted by Experiement 442 View Post
                                do you think i should shrink it down by 0.50 to make it comply with rules? at the moment with it being about 2000 meters longer than it should. i did actually make it smaller, i didn't just shrink the picture.

Spoiler:
                                Yes it looks really awkward now.
                                sigpic
                                ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Working...
                                X