Modeling Challenge Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FN-P90 View Post
    I have a challange for yall. i want some one to make a modle of this ship here
    Spoiler:

Any bigger pictures, and if possible different angles, ideally front, Back and side and top.

Comment

I think a challenge being, making the Daedalus Variation enemy ship. Either the fighter or Cruiser. Both ship has yet to be made, as far as I know of.
      Visit my Website

Comment

From what I remember of the design it was fairly simple model. I am still supporting model our own version of destiny before we see it on screen.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
          Any bigger pictures, and if possible different angles, ideally front, Back and side and top.
          Nope not really all thow its a simple design.
          Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
            From what I remember of the design it was fairly simple model. I am still supporting model our own version of destiny before we see it on screen.
            If were gonna be doing that then we better get started soon because they are releasing shots of the ship this month.
            Visit my Website

Comment

Is it of the actual ship through, I know their some sought of promo but I always presume that they would advoid showing the main ship before the pilot. Perhaps we will see the shuttle or something personally I want them to keep the destiny a secret until the pilot. I personally hope the promo just contain the images of the crew and the fire fight over Icarus, with a couple of other sneak peaks of the destiny set. Nothing will be spoiled that way, why they also give us a view of all the actors. but that just me.

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin1701 View Post
                I really like the middle bit but it reminds me a little of a sonic screwdriver...or a ladies toy.

do you have an image of your "Alkali ship"?
                Yeah I need to develop the drone portion... it's just a skewed circle right now. I have a theory that the first drone tip produced by earth would be powered locally by a naq generator instead of remotely by a ZPM in a chair platform.... hence the large scale. and if it is going to be that big then it might as well have a nuke attached to it.... and if it has a nuke it should be able to dodge an incoming dart..... hence the scale, main engine, sub engines in the middle and the nuke buried under the drone "Electro-Polymer?" tip.

There is a concept image of it in the build your own ship thread.... it's the only other place i really post. I have sketches galore of The Alkali. Hopefully I will get to model it now that I have some time on my hands and the drive to get it made.

Also I have been designing a launching tube for a Daedelus class ship that looks similar to the launcher on Atlantis' Peir (The Seige I - III).
                Last edited by MkF_Smity; 12 March 2009, 07:21 PM. Reason: forgot first part of quote.

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin1701 View Post
                  A few people have said that Semmer, is it the long nose?
                  I think it's the nose, and the fact it's a bit too wedged or just empty..
                  I think I'm gonna lend that underside to one of my coming ships.

Comment

hmm I'm interested in what the next challenge 'll be

www.darkarmada.nl
                    www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

Potentially my backstory as a whle (Pre- and post-'Disclosures' could run into a word count of five figures..... and that doesn't include the stats on the Ship design or weapon i'll be including in the submission.....

Whats the best way of posting the backstories on here.... just post them in spoiler boxes or attach word files?

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

spoilers, i cant read word, so please SPOILERS I love reading those things

www.darkarmada.nl
                        www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Lee View Post
                          Potentially my backstory as a whle (Pre- and post-'Disclosures' could run into a word count of five figures..... and that doesn't include the stats on the Ship design or weapon i'll be including in the submission.....

Whats the best way of posting the backstories on here.... just post them in spoiler boxes or attach word files?
                          Is there a max length on the spoiler tag?
                          Will you have to split it up into smaller chunks to post it?

sigpic

Comment

So how is everyone's modeling coming?
                            sigpic
                            ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Originally posted by boberth2o View Post
                              So how is everyone's modeling coming?
                              My was coming along okay but my attempts at doing crystals turn out terrible, and have not had much luck texturing the damn thing either. modeling wise got about and hour or so more do, it not a terrible complicated model really.

Comment

Not so good atm.... been away without 3D Max access and now the main design i've created for this is overloading my computer.... gonna spend 2moro using my brohters more powerful computer.... Hopefully i'll get the main design done.

Working on some smaller items i created in my backstory in case the ship isn't ready......

I might post the finished pre-reveal bacckstory later tonight

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Working...
                                X