Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Finger13 View Post
    And those numbers represent???

Ohhh, I think I got it lol. The spacing makes it hard.

I'm going to have to sit out for this challenge . Started college a few weeks ago and the workload is already picking up, and that combined with work means I don't feel like having more deadlines .

Maybe once I get used to my schedule I will enter in the next challenge.

I'll definitely be watching to see what you guys come up with though, this should be an interesting challenge.

Ahh the the table didnt work
    scores where

semmer 70/81
    RJB 78/81
    finger 73/81

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

Originally posted by eps200 View Post
      Ahh the the table didnt work
      scores where

semmer 70/81
      RJB 78/81
      finger 73/81
      You sure? Damn.. i'd better check my math

Comment

Originally posted by Nyrde View Post
        Here is the model i have been working on (my first time) and i used google scetch up 7 its ment to be a spacecraft please give me pointers!!!
        Hey, that looks promising. I like the design of it, especially the front.

Glad you figured out the screen capture.

But yeah, you should post that ship in the Original Starship thread, located here:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?p=9629181

You will not only probably get more feedback, but that thread is for starship design. This is supposed to be for challenges which are based on a specific theme.

Comment

I have modelled something, but not even sure if it fits, basicly its my concept on the first sarcofagus, build by either the ancients or the goauld depending on the history, or it might even be a prototype of a new tokra sarcofagus that doesnt turn you mental. Its my concept of something alien that an SG team might run across. I was bored...and not good at interiors

Spoiler:

Tep
          sigpic
          You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
          Stargate : Genesis |
          Original Starship DesignThread
          Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
          11000! green me

Comment

rules said not to have technology from aliens we have seen before in stargate.
            Visit my Website

Comment

Ok then thats me out. Never mind.
              sigpic
              You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
              Stargate : Genesis |
              Original Starship DesignThread
              Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
              11000! green me

Comment

im sure you can make that for an unknown race.
                Visit my Website

Comment

it was a strict breif.

I may have a go, but am pushed for time this month. gotta get ready for birthdays too, there are so many birthdays around this time of year and its my birthday in march!!!!

sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=immhotep;9643943]I have modelled something, but not even sure if it fits, basicly its my concept on the first sarcofagus, build by either the ancients or the goauld depending on the history, or it might even be a prototype of a new tokra sarcofagus that doesnt turn you mental. Its my concept of something alien that an SG team might run across. I was bored...and not good at interiors

Spoiler:

I think you could quite easily make that a different race, may be some sought of religious shrine.

Comment

I got bored so i dicided to enter in the compitition im not sure how original it is or how good it is cause i suck at modeling landscapes but i gave it a go.
                      Attached Files
                      Check Out:http://gateworldfleets.wikia.com/wiki/Gateworld_Fleets

Teal'c: Undomesticated Equines Couldn't Tear Me Away.

Comment

Originally posted by Nyrde View Post
                        I got bored so i dicided to enter in the compitition im not sure how original it is or how good it is cause i suck at modeling landscapes but i gave it a go.
                        Nice modelling so far, all basic stuff but their plenty you can build up and slowly add to the scene. You did all right on the backgrounds, Sketchup does not allow you to do details surfaces. Lack of fine control over the mesh, this is just from my limited experience of the program, may be someone will prove me wrong.

I am not sure you read the rules, I am pretty sure I said single structure and you got multiples, yeah I am stickler to the rules, but you just need to connect all the bits together to tie them into a single structure, hint add a raise stone floor.

May be I wrote to many restrictions into the challenge whole well to late to change now, may be the next one I do I will put less in.

Comment

Well It seems I'm going for the more advanced approach. This is the platform that the SG team steps out onto to seeing the monolithic object in front of them. I actually think I'm going to texture this model lol!

sigpic
                          ----DeviantArt----

Comment

This challenge has too much potential to not get involved in.

Unfortunately like half of the time is gone and I'm strapped for time to begin with, so this might just be a fun little side project. I'll try for the 15th though.

So anyway, this is basically a massive tower that would either be a weapon or communications. I'll be remodelling it though, this is just a 15 minute blueprint of sorts. Gave me lots of ideas.

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by boberth2o View Post
                              Well It seems I'm going for the more advanced approach. This is the platform that the SG team steps out onto to seeing the monolithic object in front of them. I actually think I'm going to texture this model lol!

Interest cannot wait until we see what behind the camera. I like the glow below the platform.

Originally posted by Finger13 View Post
                              This challenge has too much potential to not get involved in.

Unfortunately like half of the time is gone and I'm strapped for time to begin with, so this might just be a fun little side project. I'll try for the 15th though.
                              Well if people agreed, the time limit could be extended, through all the competitors would need to agree to it for it to be fair. I think we should make such a decision nearer to the entry date and only if a couple of people ask.

So anyway, this is basically a massive tower that would either be a weapon or communications. I'll be remodelling it though, this is just a 15 minute blueprint of sorts. Gave me lots of ideas.

Spoiler:
                              I love the spiral design of the structure, to me it look like communications tower. I look forward to see it completed.

I can now chill out now I am seeing people doing stuff for the challenge.

Comment

hey Knowles2 is this atleast a tiny bit better seeing its my first time and im only using google sketchup and im against ppls that have alot more experience than me lol. and also what Modeling progrmas does everyone use i need something better thx.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by Nyrde; 26 January 2009, 07:37 PM.
                                Check Out:http://gateworldfleets.wikia.com/wiki/Gateworld_Fleets

Teal'c: Undomesticated Equines Couldn't Tear Me Away.

Comment

Working...
                                X