No announcement yet.

Modeling Challenge Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I thought I actually post something for the fourth challenge.

I went for a statue, which looks robotic in form, and with some alien writing, the statue will be embedded into rock.

alienartefact0069.jpg

This will not be entered into the competition, as I am the one who running it, but I am bored so thought I do some thing give people inspiration.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
      alpha layer?
      When you render in a 32bit format (Tga32 for example) There is one layer for the image and then a alpha layer which controls transparency. I used this alpha/transparent layer to make the boarder for my deckplan.

http://www.axialis.com/tutorials/tutorial-misc001.html

"Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight upwards." - Fred Hoyle
      Feel free to visit my Art Work.

Comment

thank you

Comment

Hi this is my first time modeling and i wasnt sure if ths was the right place to post it or not and i wasnt sure how bad or good it was so could ppls give me a few pointers.
          Attached Files
          Check Out:http://gateworldfleets.wikia.com/wiki/Gateworld_Fleets

Teal'c: Undomesticated Equines Couldn't Tear Me Away.

Comment

Originally posted by Nyrde View Post
            Hi this is my first time modeling and i wasnt sure if ths was the right place to post it or not and i wasnt sure how bad or good it was so could ppls give me a few pointers.
            Why is it saved as a .doc?

Comment

A software prob i can
              try and fix

Comment

sorry finger i cant fix but what you think

Comment

sorry finger i cant fix but what you think
                  Well I didn't open it, because if it were in fact an image it would be .jpeg, .bmp, etc.

You can never be too cautious on the net .

I don't see the logic in saving an image to a word document. Not to be annoying or anything.

Comment

Its like that cause honestly i have no idea how to upload it as a jpeg so i print screened it pasted it to word and saved it.

Comment

Its like that cause honestly i have no idea how to upload it as a jpeg so i print screened it pasted it to word and saved it.
                      Well then here is my first tip to you. Open up the program Paint, you can find it under Accessories in your Start Menu. Paste the screen cap there, then go up to File > Save As > and name it whatever, then save it as a .jpeg.

Comment

Well it depends, what are you modelling for one. It looks pretty cool, and well it looks alien. The level of detail is okay, what program are you using, and what are you actually modelling, I think people will be able to give more advice then. So good so far.

If it for challenge 4 then so far you have taken the lead in the challenge and well as no one else seem to be doing it, it looks like you will be the winner.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                          Well it depends, what are you modelling for one. It looks pretty cool, and well it looks alien. The level of detail is okay, what program are you using, and what are you actually modelling, I think people will be able to give more advice then. So good so far.

If it for challenge 4 then so far you have taken the lead in the challenge and well as no one else seem to be doing it, it looks like you will be the winner.
                          Now now, relax lol. It's hardly been a week, people are still getting their preliminary stuff done. You know that people are doing the challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by Finger13 View Post
                            Now now, relax lol. It's hardly been a week, people are still getting their preliminary stuff done. You know that people are doing the challenge.
                            Yup, and some of us haven't probably got a clue what to do!

Comment

Here is the model i have been working on (my first time) and i used google scetch up 7 its ment to be a spacecraft please give me pointers!!!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Finger13 View Post
                                Relax, what is that? I always nervous when I am running stuff, it my own paranoid nature.

Originally posted by Semmer View Post
                                Yup, and some of us haven't probably got a clue what to do!
                                Haha, so it challenging for the lot you, good good, I got plenty of ideas for my own challenge through. Which is a shame because none of them can be entered.

Here is the model i have been working on (my first time) and i used google scetch up 7 its ment to be a spacecraft please give me pointers!!!
                                Here is okay, but personally I think the Original starship design It busier and it about modelling ships.

Comment

Working...
                                X