Modeling Challenge Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boberth2o View Post
    Ha, I'm running on an old laptop at my parents, with about an Intel Pentium I processor and 384Mb of RAM, I don't think that will help. It's tough loading pages.
    *sharp dramatic intake of breath* Harsh dude.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
      Is it plugged in? The cables that take power from that big power cable that runs to the computer into the keyboard, mouse, etc.

Other than that... I'm equally stumped.
      Well I know that there is power, I have a wireless network adapter and the LED is on for that, but nothing else except the speakers.
      sigpic
      ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Ha, I'm running on an old laptop at my parents, with about an Intel Pentium I processor and 384Mb of RAM, I don't think that will help. It's tough loading pages.
        Alright well did you put the stand-off on correctly? Is there any spot where the motherboard could be touching something metal and thus failing the POST?

Did you wear an anti-static wristband, or at least held onto the computer chassis when handling the components?

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
        Jumpers are blue-green, not silver, and they're transports, not warships. Atlantis, likewise, is a civilian settlement, not a battleship.
        Oh, so my 1996 Sunfire which is rusted to hell and back is now a tank because of how it looks?

Comment

Well I know that there is power, I have a wireless network adapter and the LED is on for that, but nothing else except the speakers.

Hmmmmmm...

Comment

I'm not trying to tell you how to make your ship or anything, it's great the way it is. I'm just pointing out what I think is a flaw in its design is all.
            That's just how the light is hitting it in that scene. Here is a better view.

"Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight upwards." - Fred Hoyle
            Feel free to visit my Art Work.

Comment

Originally posted by Finger13 View Post
              Alright well did you put the stand-off on correctly? Is there any spot where the motherboard could be touching something metal and thus failing the POST?

Did you wear an anti-static wristband, or at least held onto the computer chassis when handling the components?

Oh, so my 1996 Sunfire which is rusted to hell and back is now a tank because of how it looks?
              Not what I meant haha. Ancient warships were given that look intentionally; they're meant to be reddish-rust colored (there is no rust on them, it's just the color).
              Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
              Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by RJB View Post
                That's just how the light is hitting it in that scene. Here is a better view.

...I don't think it's the lighting:

Spoiler:
                Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Not what I meant haha. Ancient warships were given that look intentionally; they're meant to be reddish-rust colored (there is no rust on them, it's just the color).
                  I know what you meant, I was just being retarded lol.

But RJB's screenshot is correct, I just loaded up This Mortal Coil and the ship is definitely silverish grey.

Maybe they have two different versions?

The Aurora in BAMSR that the Travellers have doesn't look reddish brown, there are only a few panels.

Comment

Originally posted by Finger13 View Post

Well, I didn't short out the board because I grounded my self before touching the motherboard, and the first time I put everything together it did Power On by itself..
                    sigpic
                    ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Spoiler:
                      In that scene it is a lighting effect. You can tell by how the color fads off around the edges.

But in the end it doesn't really matter, it all comes down to personal taste.

"Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight upwards." - Fred Hoyle
                      Feel free to visit my Art Work.

Comment

Windows messenger = [email protected]
                        sigpic
                        ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Originally posted by RJB View Post
                          In that scene it is a lighting effect. You can tell by how the color fads off around the edges.

But in the end it doesn't really matter, it all comes down to personal taste.
                          True enough

Comment

Windows messenger = [email protected]
                            I added you if you still need help. Sorry, fell asleep there.

Comment

(Sneaks in) Ok.... better be quick as i'm meant to be working here

Finger, LOVE the backstory, you could make a brilliant fanfic from what you posted there.

Semmer.... Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

And, just in case my submission has been lost in the ether after the wonders of RJB, Finger and Semmer... here it is again.

(Now back to work )

Originally posted by Dr Lee View Post
                              Spoiler:

Righty... presenting the B-340:

Pictures

Stats
                              Spoiler:
                              Length: 153 feet long Minus hyperspace spire on nose
                              Width: 56 feet wide
                              Height: 22 feet tall

Hull: quad-layer Trinium plating.

Crew:7, 1 Commander plus 2 shifts of 1 pilot, 1 comms officer and 1 bomb technician

Ship defense Weapons:
                              Five MK III rail guns
                              128 short range Naquadah enhanced ship-ship missiles

Ship offensive weapons:
                              Two tri-barrel plasma cannons capable of firing up to 2500 shots each, at their lowest charge level.
                              Rear bomb bay modular in design. Is equipped to carry either the Horizon module or a conventional bomb bay module.

Horizon Module:
                              Single Horizon missile consisting of 9 individual Naquadah enhanced Nuclear Missiles/modified conventional load missiles.

Conventional Bomb Bay module:
                              Consists of 18 smart bombs, either enhanced with Naquadah or not enhanced.
                              Each bomb is capable of locking onto its target and home into it, no matter if it's in space or Atmosphere.

Hyper Drive:
                              Lee-Miller designed Hyper drive duo-generator. Two hyper drive generators working in tandem, one generator in each drive pod

Sub-light engines:
                              Tau'ri-designed Asgard core-enhanced Ion propulsion generator. One located in each drive pod

History
                              Spoiler:
                              After the battle for Earth at the start of 2009 the IOA decided that a fleet of just DSC-304s and F-302s was not a sensible tactic and a number of different ship classes were designed and put into production.

One of the smaller designs was the B-340. Designed to rival the Alkesh in terms of firepower the B-340 was Earths primary heavy bomber, with the FB-305 classed as a light bomber. Designed primarily by Dr Bill Lee the B-304's maiden flight was undertaken on morning of the January 23rd 2010 and piloted by Colonel Caldwell. The flight went off without a hitch.

May 10th 2010: the same B-340 undertook a simulated bombing run with two prototype plasma tri-cannons. Halfway through the run the rear cannon exploded, obliterating both the ship and the testing crew of four. With the B-340s planned offensive capability centering around the plasma tri-cannon the incident pushed the ships projected entry into service back by around 4 months.

May 19th 2010: the first hyperspace jump by the Lee-Miller hyper drive was a rousing success. Up until this successful jump the Tau'ri were unable to perfect a hyper drive system that was small enough to fit any ship smaller than the original Prometheus class. the Hyper drive system was made up of two separate generators running in tandem.

Due to the size of the generators and the B-340, the class was the first to receive the Lee-Miller hyper drive generator.

December 14th 2010: saw the first hyperspace jump by a B-340 from Earth to pluto. the jump was successful and the next four months saw testing extend out of the Sol System without any major hitches.

November 30th 2010: on a remote planet the plasma tri-cannon was successful in firing without overloading the plasma core and work began on fitting the completed B-304 shells with a pair of tri-cannons.

January -June 2011: testing continued on the b-340 and it's numerous systems while military chiefs debated on adding a bomb bay onto the rear of the two cannon bays. After lengthy debating, it was decided to add the bomb bay onto the rear and extend the length of the B-340.

March 2011: Work on the MKIII rail gun was completed and military chiefs included five into the design of the ship.

July 17th 2011: to strengthen the B-340s defenses 128 Naquadah enhanced space missiles were included in the design by ways of sixteen pods of eight missiles. The 'space missiles' differed from conventional ordinance with the inclusion of four small thrusters in the rear of the missile. The thrusters enabled the missile to change course even in zero gravity.

October 1st 2011: the first test flight of the first 'production' B-340 happened between Earth and Pluto with General O'Neill at the controls.

December 15th 2011: saw the first B-340s enter service in two squadrons. The first heavy bomb wing was to operate out of McMurdo while the second Heavy Bomber wing was station on Atlantis.

December 21st 2011: the first mission by a B-340 was undertaken to hit a Lucian Alliance compound. the mission by two B-340s, Ironically named 'Peacekeeper' and 'Peace bringer', was a complete success. Both bombers returned with little or no damage and reporting complete destruction of the target buildings.

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

s09119 your not being very positive about RJB’s creation! When I saw it I instantly thought lantean design, yet you have just poked holes at it, at the end of the day a different class of ship could be colour coded, or different fleets colour coded.

I thought you wanted to oversee the fifth round?
                                Last edited by Merlin1701; 13 January 2009, 07:19 AM.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X