• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ha´tak View Post
    so how does it work,

can everyone vote?

if so

I whould not see mayself being able, first there I chould not deside on Finger and RJB and then semmer post his which I had not seenvery well

but great work everyone
    Whom ever created the challenge decided prev, but would be good to create a council to vote on future ones...people in the voting council being people who have taken part in previous rounds. That way in ensures the continuation of the thread. what do you think?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin1701 View Post
      Whom ever created the challenge decided prev, but would be good to create a council to vote on future ones...people in the voting council being people who have taken part in previous rounds. That way in ensures the continuation of the thread. what do you think?
      yeah that is a really good idea

Comment

Semmer yours reminds me of a VERY heavily armed pelican from Halo!

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

semmer's bomber has a peacekeeper feel to it, i don't know why?
          Its not too big, so could it be carried by a 304?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bradly08 View Post
            Semmer yours reminds me of a VERY heavily armed pelican from Halo!
            Hmm.. pelican.. maybe a little, but it was my inspiration for another project.

Originally posted by Merlin1701 View Post
            semmer's bomber has a peacekeeper feel to it, i don't know why?
            Its not too big, so could it be carried by a 304?
            Way too big to fit into hangar, but in a special clamping system under the belly.. surely. But peacekeeper? How so?

Here's an image that might intrest some of you
            Spoiler:
            The making of....

Comment

Originally posted by RJB View Post
              RJB's Bomber Challenge Contest Entree.

Spoiler:

Ortho views
              Rendered under clay lighting.

Side

Bottom

Front

Back

Deck Plan

Drone weapon

Scenes

History
              Spoiler:

Stats

Class:
              Long range heavy bomber – Myrmidon class

Dimensions:
              Length - 100m
              Width - 90m
              Height - 26m

Hall: Neutronium / Trinium alloy with energy dampening crystalline plating.

Crew:
              1x captain
              2x navigators (rotating shifts)
              2x weapon officers (rotating shifts)
              2x Engineers (rotating shifts)
              1x medical officer

Defenses: Standard Lantean shield system. 2X emitters.

Reactor: Dual neutronium particle fusion reactor. (the show never tells use what powers normal ships so I made something up)

Propulsion:
              1x main heavy ion drive, 2x secondary ion drives. (Sub-light)
              1x Lantean standard hyperdrive.

Weapon systems
              :
              4x Pulse plasma defensive turrets.
              6x Dual drone launchers. (150 drones per launcher)
              1x Heavy ordnance launch bay

Heavy ordnance types:

Fusion warhead – Large area of effect weapon, similar to earth’s mark 9.
              2 stage

Naquadah mist warhead – Designed to take out planetary wraith colonies, this warhead spits once it enters the atmosphere. The first stage releases a nano level Naquadah powder into the air, once it spreads to optimum coverage the second stage sends a massive charge into the air arcing from particle to particle exceeding the Naquadah’s energy capacity. The effect is a fire storm which incinerates all live on the planet’s surface.

History:
              Built near the end of the war with the wraith in a time when aurora class ships were in short supply the Myrmidon became a stop gap for the defense of main lesser Lantean colonies. As times became more desperate fleets of these ships were used to attack planet based wraith colonies in hopes that it would slow down there war machine, in the end all it accomplished was forcing the wraith from being a planet based civilization to one base on mobile spaceships and as such hard to destroy targets.
              My one quip with this ship is the color palette; all Lantean warships have that reddish-rust color to them, and this one is just black and white. It looks amazing, but it just doesn't look QUITE like what it should, IMHO.
              Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
              Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Wow. I would quote all of them but it would be a massive post.

Semmer your does remind me as others have said, of a heavily armed Pelican, but thats not a flaw, its great, i really like the design. Really Like it.

Finger13 your ship history sounds like a really nice prelude to something big, as in movie title. The Battle for Earth. We did one in the fleets along similar lines but your makes a great story for an Atlantis feel, while i dont thin kthe ship perfectly and completely look like an Earth ship at this point, i can see that in a few decades we would certainly have the technology and design evolutions to merit such a ship in our fleet. I think its great start to the back story and i cant wait for the specs.

RJB once again i will restate, this ship, if there was ever an example of a ship that should be in stargate from your fleet, its this one. Its whats missing from the ancients, an alkesh type ship, and this is perfect for it. I want this in the show, my advice, pitch it to the Universe team as a ship they can find on the Destiny in some uncharted corner of the ship. It seriously deserves it. Now as for specs, im not entirely sold on the Power source but i think its a fair attemptgiven we have no clue what powers ancient ships. As to the textures, s0 this is meant to be shown as new, the Auroras had blue and silver and black hulls, so wouldnt be beaten up like the older "historic" anceint vessels. As is the history, its really good, make alot of sense and indeed it could very well be cannon as far im concerned. The Ancients likely had a bomber type ship, and for all we know the Alkesh is based on the Myrmidon class it just hasnt been featured on the show.

Personally i think these three ships could all be Cannon for both the Tauri and the ancients in the show, and thats something i dont say often they are each amazing in thier own ways. If i get to vote this round, which im hoping (do i qualify?), it is going to be incredibly close. Wish i could green you guys cos theyre stunning really.

Tep
                Last edited by immhotep; 12 January 2009, 12:25 PM.
                sigpic
                You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                Stargate : Genesis |
                Original Starship DesignThread
                Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
                  Wow. I would quote all of them but it would be a massive post.

Semmer your does remind me as others have said, of a heavily armed Pelican, but thats not a flaw, its great, i really like the design. Really Like it.

Finger13 your ship history sounds like a really nice prelude to something big, as in movie title. The Battle for Earth. We did one in the fleets along similar lines but your makes a great story for an Atlantis feel, while i dont thin kthe ship perfectly and completely look like an Earth ship at this point, i can see that in a few decades we would certainly have the technology and design evolutions to merit such a ship in our fleet. I think its great start to the back story and i cant wait for the specs.

RJB once again i will restate, this ship, if there was ever an example of a ship that should be in stargate from your fleet, its this one. Its whats missing from the ancients, an alkesh type ship, and this is perfect for it. I want this in the show, my advice, pitch it to the Universe team as a ship they can find on the Destiny in some uncharted corner of the ship. It seriously deserves it. Now as for specs, im not entirely sold on the Power source but i think its a fair attemptgiven we have no clue what powers ancient ships. As to the textures, s0 this is meant to be shown as new, the Auroras had blue and silver and black hulls, so wouldnt be beaten up like the older "historic" anceint vessels. As is the history, its really good, make alot of sense and indeed it could very well be cannon as far im concerned. The Ancients likely had a bomber type ship, and for all we know the Alkesh is based on the Myrmidon class it just hasnt been featured on the show.

Personally i think these three ships could all be Cannon for both the Tauri and the ancients in the show, and thats something i dont say often they are each amazing in thier own ways. If i get to vote this round, which im hoping (do i qualify?), it is going to be incredibly close. Wish i could green you guys cos theyre stunning really.

Tep
                  I've never seen an Ancient ship with blue, silver, and black on its hull...
                  Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                  Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                    I've never seen an Ancient ship with blue, silver, and black on its hull...
                    Puddle Jumpers are silver. Atlantis is silver. Neither have rusty bits.

Comment

Originally posted by Finger13 View Post
                      That and I based this ship more on the asuran cruiser color scheme.

"Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight upwards." - Fred Hoyle
                      Feel free to visit my Art Work.

Comment

Jumpers are blue-green, not silver, and they're transports, not warships. Atlantis, likewise, is a civilian settlement, not a battleship.

Originally posted by RJB View Post
                        That and I based this ship more on the asuran cruiser color scheme.
                        ...which is also red-rust colored...
                        Spoiler:

I'm not trying to tell you how to make your ship or anything, it's great the way it is. I'm just pointing out what I think is a flaw in its design is all.

Comment

*off subject*

*looks up* Oh God.................

I came here out of grief and anger. So the other day I took my parents desktop completely apart, I mean I took everything apart; the Hard Drive, the Cables, the Drives, the CPU and Heat sink, all Power Cables, and the Motherboard off the frame. I cleaned the dust off of everything and sponged down the inside of the case(and waited until it dried). I re-assembled all of the components and all the of the connections to where they where before. So with that done I decide to power on my computer. It goes but here is the thing, My monitor doesn't show anything (I have one of the LCD monitors that has the power save mode when there is no signal, it's doing that) my Keyboard doesn't light up, even when I press the Caps Lock and the Num Lock and the Scroll Lock. My Optical Mouse has no familiar red light coming out of the bottom. Can You help?

What I've done; checked all the Connections around five times, applied more Thermal Paste to the CPU after checking to see if there are any bent pins (there aren't).

This at this point I'm stumped, Can you help?

Edit: Mainly toward computer savvy people
                          sigpic
                          ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Originally posted by boberth2o View Post
                            *off subject*

*looks up* Oh God.................

I came here out of grief and anger. So the other day I took my parents desktop completely apart, I mean I took everything apart; the Hard Drive, the Cables, the Drives, the CPU and Heat sink, all Power Cables, and the Motherboard off the frame. I cleaned the dust off of everything and sponged down the inside of the case(and waited until it dried). I re-assembled all of the components and all the of the connections to where they where before. So with that done I decide to power on my computer. It goes but here is the thing, My monitor doesn't show anything (I have one of the LCD monitors that has the power save mode when there is no signal, it's doing that) my Keyboard doesn't light up, even when I press the Caps Lock and the Num Lock and the Scroll Lock. My Optical Mouse has no familiar red light coming out of the bottom. Can You help?

What I've done; checked all the Connections around five times, applied more Thermal Paste to the CPU after checking to see if there are any bent pins (there aren't).

This at this point I'm stumped, Can you help?

Edit: Mainly toward computer savvy people
                            Do you have MSN or something to talk on? I've built lots of computers, but it's easier to IM.

It sounds to me like either a component isn't seated right, or your computer isn't posting.

Or, on a more negative note, you could have fried something if you were handling all of the components without being grounded.

Comment

Is it plugged in? The cables that take power from that big power cable that runs ot the computer into the keyboard, ouse, etc.

Other than that... I'm equaly stumped.

Comment

Do you have MSN or something to talk on? I've built lots of computers, but it's easier to IM.
                                Ha, I'm running on an old laptop at my parents, with about an Intel Pentium I processor and 384Mb of RAM, I don't think that will help. It's tough loading pages.
                                sigpic
                                ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Working...
                                X