• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Semmer View Post
    Looking good guys!

Here's some new images

Spoiler:

30mm Minigun PD turret (CIWS probably)

Either Gauss or Beam PD turret

It appears that my bomber will be armed to the teeth! I just made a quick calculation how many different types of weapons there will be and I ended up with 4 different turrets + missiles and traditional bombs. Probably the role of this bomber is similar to AC130Gunship multiplied by the sheer brutality of a B52.
    Ever thought of getting kerkythea makes mine look alot better
    http://www.kerkythea.net/joomla/index.php

http://www.kerkythea.net/joomla/inde...nc=select&id=2

http://www.kerkythea.net/joomla/inde...nc=select&id=2

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

Nah, I use 3ds max to do the final renders but I'm too lazy to run every phase through the process.

I might however take a peek at some point. Thanks for the link

Comment

Slow day everyone?
        sigpic
        ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Started to finish off some of the underside.

"Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight upwards." - Fred Hoyle
          Feel free to visit my Art Work.

Comment

Originally posted by RJB View Post
            *Snip*
            Well I guess I spoke too soon. Looking spectacular RJB. What are the white greebles? Lights?
            sigpic
            ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Originally posted by boberth2o View Post
              Well I guess I spoke too soon. Looking spectacular RJB. What are the white greebles? Lights?
              Just glowing bits for the sake of having glowing bits.

"Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight upwards." - Fred Hoyle
              Feel free to visit my Art Work.

Comment

I hope everyone had a super Christmas or other event that may be going on in their calendars.

A quick update on my vessel, as this thread seems so very quiet.

The missile/ bomb carried in the main hanger has the look of a daisy cutter with a trident of tails planning to do a high yield explosive (e.g. BLU-82) and a MIRV type. I made the large bomb bay large enough to carry a puddle jumper instead of the missile/ bomb for special ops...providing that stargate wiki is correct?
                Last edited by Merlin1701; 09 February 2009, 08:36 AM.

sigpic

Comment

very nice....

Hopefully if the render i'm setting off atm works then i'm gonna run off the final shots and start working on the stats for the ship.

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Gosh, dr lee...so soon! I'm no where near close to finished yet, fallen behind me thinks!

boberth2o, what text is needed with this challenge?

sigpic

Comment

Well...almost, the render didn't completely work..... but it's going in the right diretion.

I was going to add in the bridge interior as well.... but i've got to get organised to go away the week the challenge is up, which for me takes far longer than a nromal person... so the bridge was canned to make sure i finished on time. I might add in the bridge at a later date though

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin1701 View Post
                        Gosh, dr lee...so soon! I'm no where near close to finished yet, fallen behind me thinks!

boberth2o, what text is needed with this challenge?
                        Do you mean like the specifications and the history?
                        sigpic
                        ----DeviantArt----

Comment

History and specs for the ship, ok.

Thanks, thats what I wanted to know.

sigpic

Comment

These models are really good. And when did the little thing under the name change?

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin1701 View Post
                              I hope everyone had a super Christmas or other event that may be going on in their calendars.

A quick update on my vessel, as this thread seems so very quiet.

[ATTACH]7421[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]7422[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]7423[/ATTACH]

The missile/ bomb carried in the main hanger has the look of a daisy cutter with a trident of tails planning to do a high yield explosive (e.g. BLU-82) and a MIRV type. I made the large bomb bay large enough to carry a puddle jumper instead of the missile/ bomb for special ops...providing that stargate wiki is correct?
                              I like that, hahaha I had the exact same thought for mine, only not a PJ, something smaller for ground-based ops, or a Horizon, supplies, etc.

I like that bomb, and your ship is looking good.

That's coming together very nicely. I love how detailed you have made it without it seeming cluttered or like senseless greebling. It's a beauty

Well, here is a small update.

I enlarged the main turrets since they weren't scaled correctly in my previous pictures. Added some minor details, and removed the detailing to the forward centre hull since I didn't like them. I will redo them later tonight.

There are a few polys that are messed up that I didn't see until after rendering them, so I will have to go back and fix them. But this should pretty much be it for the modelling. Now I just have detailing to do, and I still have to model the rear part since it is too plain and has no detailing at all.

Spoiler:

The big empty hole in the centre belly will be a bomb bay. It's really rough atm. And the doors behind it will be a cargo hold that can either deploy special weapons like the Horizon, or could hold a vehicle or some other small craft. Nothing big, I doubt that a Jumper would fit in there. But maybe for certain ops it could deploy a ground based vehicle. We'll have to see how I end up scaling it.

I guess that if it was indeed 200m long there would be more than enough room for a PJ, but I don't know if that's really necessary for this ship's role. Since it would probably travel in carrier groups, the carrier ship(s) could worry about the fighters. That way these could all carry Horizons for use against enemy capital ships or whatnot.

Don't know yet.

Comment

Started on the main engine. Secondary engines to come later.

nice. wat is it?
                                Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign.

Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X