• Time
  • Show
Clear All

looking good people

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
      Plan? I make things up as I go along
      Second that.

I've entered the competition. Mine isn't really a 'city' but a large town for a stargate program with an army complex, missiles, air force base, and a naval harbor. Along with the new SGC HQ (In my mind now run by the USSF). :\

Comment

intresting! im glad to see such a turn out for this one

major what software do you model with?

Comment

SketchUp now, it wasn't working before and I was using Blender but that isn't really built for what I was doing. But, I figured it out and fixed a graphics issue and am back to using SketchUp. I'm worried on how much detail will be needed with the time to make a complete city. I am using an idea I pulled from the science channel with public transportation though. That seems interesting to me.

Comment

Small update as i was made aware of a very serious RL thing as i started working today...

Detailed up the Spear Landing pad and started on the Frigate/Corvette landing pad. Still working out if i want the ships to land as shown or fly into the hanger at a 90 degree angle....

Spoiler:

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Originally posted by Major View Post
              Second that.

I've entered the competition. Mine isn't really a 'city' but a large town for a stargate program with an army complex, missiles, air force base, and a naval harbor. Along with the new SGC HQ (In my mind now run by the USSF). :\
              USSF?????

Hey guys I entered the VF4.0 dropship submissions and I was wondering if any of yous could have a look and maybe do a model for me.
              http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/7...1#post11729259

I saw both Killmans and Puddlejumper Oz's ones and they are both great looking, but I'm sort of mixed between the two for style Please pm me if you would like to have a go at it.

Comment

united states space force duh

Comment

since i want some feed back and adivce i come here to trusty gate world.

first off my city rather large but should be still well under 4 miles 3 and half it should be around. Its gonna be city shipish but i'm not entirely sure how to say it.

heres the main layout, waters blue and whats gonna be land and what not green the greey is the outer part.
                  Spoiler:

second, these are the bridge supports for the well duh bridges i like the design that i originally drew but these came pretty close, though i tried the scaling tool for the first time on this so the front piece is not entirely where i would want it.
                  Spoiler:

lastly what i need help with, these would go on the lines separating the water and land. i need them to go go all around the lines yet i'm not sure how to do that. Also these aren't the final models so i'm only part fond of them.
                  Spoiler:

okay, so people advice. Tear me to shreds if needed.
                  time doesn't go in a linear path like everyone thinks, time is a ball of timey wimey wibbly wobblely uh....

Google won't search for Chuck Norris because it knows you don't find Chuck Norris, he finds you.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Major
                    Jeez, are we able to enter images from our computer rather than a URL? I have a rough sketch set up and wanna show it but I don't wanna go through some trouble to do it until the final thing...
                    As long as the city is new for the challenge and wasn't created before the challenge started then you should be ok. just attach the image via gateworld

I may put the UK base to one side and do this challenge too.

sigpic

Comment

I am not working on my rough cathedral, it's hard though so I guess no Gothic architecture to be really used... unfortunatly

www.darkarmada.nl
                      www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

Originally posted by the-alguroan View Post
                        since i want some feed back and adivce i come here to trusty gate world.

first off my city rather large but should be still well under 4 miles 3 and half it should be around. Its gonna be city shipish but i'm not entirely sure how to say it.

heres the main layout, waters blue and whats gonna be land and what not green the greey is the outer part.
                        Spoiler:

second, these are the bridge supports for the well duh bridges i like the design that i originally drew but these came pretty close, though i tried the scaling tool for the first time on this so the front piece is not entirely where i would want it.
                        Spoiler:

lastly what i need help with, these would go on the lines separating the water and land. i need them to go go all around the lines yet i'm not sure how to do that. Also these aren't the final models so i'm only part fond of them.
                        Spoiler:

okay, so people advice. Tear me to shreds if needed.
                        Very nice start. I suspect, however, that you will have problems with high polygon amounts. I'd suggest you componentize your model HEAVILY.

Comment

like, build the entire model mostly out of components. The walls + windows of my towncenter/mansion are made that way,everything is done with components, but I am still not that happy with it...

www.darkarmada.nl
                          www.runescape.com

Comment

www.darkarmada.nl
                            www.runescape.com

Comment

Ok Imma need help. I do not know if the buttresses I made for that thing will survive the downward and sidewards pressure.

www.darkarmada.nl
                              www.runescape.com

Comment

www.darkarmada.nl
                                www.runescape.com

Comment

Working...
                                X