• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh cool, I can't wait to see more. And yes, pictures are excellent

2600!!!!!
    sigpic
    ----DeviantArt----

Comment

I'm going for a different approach. Instead of the typical bomber that flies over top of its target and has to make individual passes, I want mine to be more like a Spectre gunship. They're basically Hercules planes that can fire grenades and artillery shells from a few miles out, and can continuously bombard a very wide area.

But better yet, since it will have railguns, it could instantaneously engage targets from several miles out, without having to worry about missing.

I'm going to style it after the BB-64 Wisconsin. Hopefully the battleship look will pan out, I'm not sure if a big ship in the air would look retarded lol.

Comment

Still could not see it Firefox switch to Explorer and it worked okay odd.

good start.

Comment

Originally posted by Finger13 View Post
          I'm going for a different approach. Instead of the typical bomber that flies over top of its target and has to make individual passes, I want mine to be more like a Spectre gunship. They're basically Hercules planes that can fire grenades and artillery shells from a few miles out, and can continuously bombard a very wide area.

But better yet, since it will have railguns, it could instantaneously engage targets from several miles out, without having to worry about missing.

I'm going to style it after the BB-64 Wisconsin. Hopefully the battleship look will pan out, I'm not sure if a big ship in the air would look retarded lol.
          o cant wait to see that! lol
          sigpic
          ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Early bomber vessel concept.

I plan for the underside to have bomb doors to deploy 2 - 3 horizons. Designed to look like the prometheus but with an aurora class style rear.
            Last edited by Merlin1701; 09 February 2009, 08:36 AM.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin1701 View Post
              Early bomber vessel concept.

[ATTACH]7277[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]7278[/ATTACH]

I plan for the underside to have bomb doors to deploy 2 - 3 horizons. Designed to look like the prometheus but with an aurora class rear.
              OOOO I like!
              sigpic
              ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Here the start on my bomber.

Bomber 1.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                  Here the start on my bomber.

[ATTACH]7279[/ATTACH]
                  Interesting
                  sigpic
                  ----DeviantArt----

Comment

does it have to be a tauri ship?

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                      does it have to be a tauri ship?
                      Yeah i was planning on doing either wraith or travlers.

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

The brief has no race critera, i thought it was tauri...The only person who can answer is boberth2o.

Would be nice to see somebody's vision of a traveller bomber!

sigpic

Comment

ive built the first version of mine:

4 heavy bombardment railguns [like the Navy is developing]
                          32 12m long LRM ballistic nukes with 5x50MT nuke and 8x 1KT KNaq charges capable of blowing up a massive area. and a large engine array. and, its 30m long

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin1701 View Post
                            The brief has no race critera, i thought it was tauri...The only person who can answer is boberth2o.

Would be nice to see somebody's vision of a traveller bomber!
                            I was thinkin about the size of the nevakeneza(matrix) keep the double bow shape two red beam turets and one bigass fixed beam to incinerate things

Ill only do that if i cant get the wraith one to work as the wraith ships are organic thus harder to model.

Comment

well a bomber is a big word. it can be alkesh size, but also prometheus

Comment

True it can also be as small as some large fighters but for the travlers it has to be big enugh to live on but smaller han the generational ships which fight like PPB/gunships despite being nearly as big as promethius (in volume)

Comment

Working...
                                X